Memories

Chocolate Love

 

He went to the changing room and came out in a long sleeved shirt, smiling at her. “How do I look?” she gave a vague answer and his smile turned into a frown. Pulling her hands gently, he led her to the section selling ties. As she hesitantly reached out for a tie, he lowered himself slightly and looks right into her eyes. As she put the tie around his neck, he whispered into her ear “This makes me feel like we are newlyweds.” Why is he teasing me so much today?! Sumi huffed out in frustration and ignored him. He went to pay for the suit and tie while she wandered around the shop. She noticed a particularly stylish and sleek suit on the model and imagined Seungho wearing it, gazing at it dreamily. She nearly got a heart attack when she turned and see Seungho behind her. Without a word he took the suit she was staring at and paid for it while she stood there dumbly.

“Tomorrow there’s an event and I’m bringing you as my partner.” She stopped in her tracks and shook her head furiously “I don’t belong in those kind of places. Find another partner.” He sent her a look “This is an order.” He tried hard to hide his smile as she pouted in dismay. “Why don’t you find that girl just now.” She muttered under her breath and kicked a stone glumly. “You mean Hana? She’s going with her boyfriend.” Unknowingly Sumi’s face lit up at the revelation and she coughed before keeping herself calm. “Since there is no one else, I shall go with you then.” The next few hours was spent on finding an outfit for Sumi. She lost count of how many shops and dresses she had tried on but Seungho would shake his head every time she came out, saying that it is not the one for her. As he handed a light pink cocktail dress to her, she sighed and went into the dressing room. A gasp escape from as her eyes set upon the sight of another person in the tight space. Joon hurriedly clapped his hand on to stop any noise from coming out.

She was too frozen to react, trembling as the memories come back to haunt her, triggered by the sight of Joon. She tried so hard to forget about that, but there was nothing anyone can do to erase it away. “Get…Get out!” her screams were muffled and she struggled against his grip. Cupping her face gently, Joon leaned in as she back away in response. Hurt flashed across his eyes for a brief moment before they were replaced with guilt and sincerity. “I’m sorry for what I have done. My emotions got out of control and I…its impossible to ask for your forgiveness now, but could you give me a chance to prove myself? A chance to prove that I can be the one for you?” She remained silent, an unreadable expression set in her face. “Sumi? What’s taking you so long? Are you inside?”

At the sound of Seungho’s footsteps approaching Joon’s grip on her tightens, making Sumi whimper in pain. Gritting his teeth, he pushed her out of the room, planting a soft kiss on her cheek as he did so. “I can’t wait to see you at the ball.” Sumi nearly fell on to the ground if not for Seungho’s hands grabbing her shoulders securely. “Why didn’t you come out in that dress?” he raised an eyebrow and examined her face, frowning at her pale and frozen expression. “I’m not feeling well. Let’s just buy this and go home.” He cringed at her fake smile as she tried to act normal for both of their sakes. He couldn’t shake off the feeling that something, or someone was in the dressing room with her.

They came home to an empty house, which was weird since G.O would be in the kitchen cooking like usual. “G.O!” he hollered, wanting to ask about his progress about the investigation. There was no response, and the rooms were all empty. Calling his phone, it was switched off. “G.O is in danger!” his eyes widen at Sumi’s exclamation “What did you say?” pulling him to the car, the two fo them got in while Sumi read the address to the driver. “I will tell you when we get there.”