Joon

Chocolate Love

 

“You were once just another target for me to kill, because you defied our order again and again. You did all this just for that useless father of yours.” He stepped closer to her while she braced herself, squeezing her eyes shut as his finger the knife blade. “I thought you were stupid. Why would a girl risk everything to save her father who only brings trouble to her?” he paused, as if waiting for her answer. “But I had also finally found a worthy opponent, someone who can duel with me.” He chuckled to himself then, shaking his head “How silly am I? The moment I saw you, I gave up on the thought of having a duel with you. Why would I want to hurt a girl that looks so sweet and innocent? All thoughts of battle changed to having you for myself.” His eyes became cold and he directed a glare at the tied up Seungho.

 “He came in then, acting like the lovesick fool he is, pestering and always being around you. I hate him, after I found out who he is, the amount of hatred just kept on increasing.” He threw the knife in one swift move, and the knife glazed past Seungho, as a few strands of hair fell onto the ground. “He, the step son of my father, dare to steal everything from me! The company, my father and now even you! He stole my birthright; all of those belonged to me. It was his mother who broke up our family, who cause me to not have a happy family. It was all because of him and his mother!” he spat out, shaking in anger and Sumi hug him in a desperate attempt to stop him from killing Seungho. He calmed down at her touch and let out a bitter smile “You are even willing to do this to save him? If it is for me would you do the same?”

 looking into his eyes, she replied steadily “Yes, I would.” Joon was at a loss for words, and a tiny flicker of hope was in his eyes. “I can see that you really care for me. I care a lot for you too as a friend. Before all this, we were quite happy together as friends aren’t we?” he took a step backwards and turned away. “Friends. We are just friends…” the word she had spoken hurts more than her actions, to hear her say it our loud was painful, like she had stabbed into his heart. As he watches her run to Seungho, his men rush forward and held on to her, separating the two of them. Walking to Seungho, he took the knife which was stuck on the wall and placed it on his neck. “I am going to end everything here and now. Don’t worry, I will take good care of Sumi.” Before he can make a move, sumi let out a scream “NO! Joon, don’t do this! I will do everything, anything as long as you let him go! Joon, please!” she struggled against the men, tears streaking down her face as she begged Joon for his life.

Seungho was watching silently this wholetime, drifting in and out of consciousness. When he heard Sumi’s scream, he pulled at the chains, growling at Joon fiercely. Joon turned to him and smirked. “What, you want to bite me? I would like to see you try.” Sumi broke free and attacked all of Joon’s men with such speed and grace that all of them had a hard time trying to locate her. Joon and Seungho could only stare at the scene in front of them as Sumi fought the men as if she were dancing, dealing severe punches with seemingly harmless gestures. All of them were down and all that was left was the three of them. Jon let her rush to Seungho, and jealously filled his being as he watch her cry with relief and look at Seungho with love and concern in her eyes.

Why can’t she look at me like that? She turned to face Joon after checking he was ok. Her gaze hardened and her voice was icy as she spoke “I will never forgive you for doing this to him. Fight me if you want to kill him.”Consumed in her anger, Sumi wasn’t thinking straight. All she wanted was to end all of this once and for all. Was she telling him to go pass her first? Even though he doesn’t want to fight her, it was the only way he can kill Seungho. The two of them circled each other, with cautious and careful steps. Sumi was the first to attack, but he was quick to dodge. It went on with no clear winner, for their skills were on par with each other. Sumi grab an item from nearby and threw it at him. It was only when it struck him did she realised what it was.