Jealousy?

Chocolate Love

G.o was tailing a black car which has rolled up windows. The car he was in have the same type of windos too but he could make out a figure of a young man in the car. It stopped at a hotel and the figure stepped out, revealing a well dressed young man who looks around his age. As he went through the glass doors G.O followed along, but was stopped by the bellboys. “I’m sorry sir, this hotel is closed for renovation.” They led him back to the car. But he went in through the back door. The door closed with an ominous loud thud.

Inside a office, an elderly man was staring at a family portrait, sighing heavily with regret and sorrow in his eyes. “Min Jung…Where are you now? I never meant to hurt you that way, I will make it up to our son, I promise…” A knock disturbed his thoughts and he hurriedly hid the photo into his drawer. “Father, I heard that you are searching for someone? Why didn’t you tell me?” Seungho sat down opposite his father, sending him a questioning look. It’s time to tell him everything; I have kept this secret for so long… “I’m searching or your half brother. I was forced to marry his mother, threatened by his mafia father. I met your mother after he died, and she let the two of us be together…by leaving.” Seungho took a moment and let everything sink in.

His father studied his reaction with interest, placing his hands on his chin. His son’s face was unreadable as he asked the next question “Have you found him yet?” Mr Yang shook his head sadly, and showed him a file. “I managed to get his information, but that’s all that I managed to get.” Seungho read through the file carefully, and his fingers stopped on a particular page as he stares in shock at the photo. Isn’t that?! Father will be upset if he finds out what his son have become… Closing the file with a loud snap, he was about to leave the office when his father held out a hand to stop him. “There is a event you have to attend. I advise you go with a female partner.”

Seungho cringed at the thought of having questions bombarded at him. Going without a female partner would only attract attention from the ladies, and he doesn’t enjoy being cornered by them at all. “Sure. I have something to attend to, but let’s have lunch together later.” Waving at him, he left the office. His thoughts were all over the place and he ran a hand through his hair in frustration. “What should I do? If father finds him, we will be a family…The deeds he had done, everything will cause our family to be in trouble!” not looking at where he was walking, he knocked into someone. The coffee she was holding spilled onto his suit and both of them bowed to each other, only to have their heads knocked into each other. “Ow!” saying the same thing at once, their massaged their foreheads while looking at each other. Breaking into a laugh when the recognised each other, she took out a tissue to wipe at his suit. “Seungho, I’m sorry!”

He smiled and nudged her lightly “How about a meal to apologize?” she nudged him back playfully “Is that your pick up line? Geez, how old fashioned.” The two went to get a meal together, while Sumi followed close behind, feeling embarrassed and stupid. She shouldn’t follow Seungho like that…but I’m supposed to protect him! And he did say to be around him 24/7… she tried to reason with herself. Seungho was talking with the girl comfortably, as if they have known each other for years. “Hana, we worked at the same company but it’s been quite a while since I saw you! How have you been doing?” she sipped her drink and rolled her eyes “Mr Yang, you are always not in your office! Nothing exciting happened…life is as mundane as ever.” Sumi watched the exchange in a corner of the café, and drank her coffee quickly. She yelped when it burned her tongue but her eyes never left the two of them.

“Hey your girlfriend’s watching us.” Hana spoke up with a small smile. “My girlfriend?” he tried to turn around and look but she stopped him. Standing up, they said their farewells and Hana winked at him before giving him a quick hug “Isn’t that the girl you like? She looks jealous.” How did she know about Sumi?! The news spread faster then he thought. Sumi tapped on his shoulder “Is that your friend?” oblivious to her curious gaze, he gave a short yes and turned to leave the shop. “You seem to be close with her.” She stated and he glanced over, hiding his smile at her gloomy expression. “She’s just like a sister to me.” Sumi stopped in front of a shop and gestured for him to enter. “Your suit’s stained. Or did you forgot about it because you were too busy chatting with her?” Seungho chuckled at her tone and turned her to face him “Are you jealous?” pushing a few business suit into his arms she avoided the question with a flustered look.