Confession

Chocolate Love

 

Crouching beside Sumi who was cowering at the corner of the room he didn’t say a word and didn’t move nearer to her, afraid of frightening her. She trembled slightly when she felt a presence but when she realised it was Seungho, she hugged him tightly, sobbing her heart out while clutching onto his shirt. “You are safe now…I’m here.” His vision turned blurry and he shook his head, holding on to her a little bit tighter. She loosened her hands and leaned back, wanting to thank him but she couldn’t speak as their faces were very close to each other. His eyes have a gentle expression and he closed the distance between them. Closing her eyes nervously she felt a heavy weight on her shoulder and opened them in surprise. “Seungho? Seungho!” he was unconscious, and Sumi tried to get up so that they can go to the hospital. He was too heavy for her and she stumbled, falling to the ground along with him.

Just as she was picking up her phone to call for the ambulance, a stranger came into her room. He was dressed in a suit and bowed to Sumi. “You must be Sumi.” She nodded; puzzled that he knew her name. Is he one of Joon’s men? His attention went to the unconscious Seungho and he rushed forward.  “What happened to him? I told him not to go out!” as he was mumbling angrily he carried him up easily. Sumi followed him out and they took a cab to the hospital. As they were pacing around the waiting room, he bowed to her again “Due to the situation just now, I didn’t get the chance to introduce myself. I’m G.O, Seungho’s friend.” They shook hands and sat next to each other. Both wore a worried expression as they waited for the doctor to come out.

If anything happens to him because of me, I will disappear from his life. I am his bodyguard, I’m supposed to protect him, and yet he is always the one who saves me. All I bring is danger to his life. Her thoughts were interrupted as G.O stood up abruptly. The doctor came towards them with a small smile. “Mr Yang collapsed due to overworking his body but a few days of rest and he would be healthy again.” Sighing in relief at the news, the two of them bowed to the doctor and went in to see him. He was sleeping peacefully and both sat down on either side of him. Holding his hand, she whispered to him “I’m sorry. It was my fault you hurt yourself.” G.O cleared his throat and mumbled something about getting a drink before leaving the two of them. Placing her cheek next to his, she managed a weak smile “Sometimes…I wished we were more than employee and employer, more than friends. But all I bring is harm to you.” She stepped back to leave the room but a hand s out to pull her nearer, before she felt a pair of lips on hers.

Seungho’s eyes were hazy as he was still weak, and he searched her eyes and observed her to see her reaction. She froze initially before returning the kiss, her face becoming a deeper shade of red when he smirked playfully. As they broke away, he pretended to cough. Hurriedly pouring water for him, he took it with a mischievous glint in his eyes. “You were supposed to protect me but it turned out this way…I would only accept your apology if you nurse me back to health.” She looked down at the floor guiltily before replying him with a small yes. “Now come here I’m cold.” Snuggling close to her he breathed in her scent and closed his eyes. Her hands reached up to touch his face but it was caught by him. “What are you trying to do? Hmm?” shaking her head she looked away, embarrassed to be caught. “I will let you off for now…you should go home and rest.” She was about to protest but he repeated it firmly “This is an order from your boss.” Trudging out of the room, she turned back t o look at him and he gave a cheerful wave. G.O came in soon after and Seungho was now sitting up in bed, hands behind his head and grinning like a fool.

“When did you wake up? Have you gone crazy?” placing his hands in front of Seungho he swiped it around. “She said…she likes me.” Seungho was elated, that the feeling is mutual. Her actions around him after the kiss were adorable to him, the way she was shy and embarrassed. G.O sat down next to him. “She didn’t exactly say she likes me…but when I kiss her she didn’t back away. That means she likes me too right?” G.O thought about it, frowning slightly. “I guess so. What if she is just too shocked to move?” blushing at the memory, Seungho mumbled “She returned the kiss…” High fiving him with a wide smile, he asked him “Did you confess your feelings to her? How did she react?” he didn’t reply and changed the subject “Hey, can you go and buy some food? I’m hungry.” G.O sighed in exasperation “You didn’t confess to her?! You love stuck fool! To think you were one of the top students in our class.” He rebutted with a red face “Yah! It just slipped my mind just now. There is always a next time isn’t there?” shaking his head in disapproval; he rolled his eyes “Grab the chance when it arrives! What if another guy was quicker and snatches her away? You have no one to blame but yourself.” That reminds him of Joon. He wanted to tell G.O all about that jerk, but he felt fatigue catch up with him once again “I will tell you everything tomorrow.” He said as a way of goodnight and fell into a dreamless sleep.

He woke up to see G.O laughing at him. “Yah, what are you laughing at?!” he gave him a mirror and he glared at him. “Why did you make my face look like a panda!” G.O caught his breath and managed to say “I couldn’t resist…you really look like a panda now.” He grabbed a few pieces of tissue and frantically tried to wipe it off “What if Sumi sees! I have to-” Sumi came in just at that moment and she stared at him before bursting into laughter. Still laughing, she took a couple of wet tissues from her bag and wiped his face carefully. He stood still, staring at her, mesmerized at her concentrated expression. “Yang Seung Ho.” G.O’s voice broke him out of his trance. “Didn’t you say you had something important to talk to me about?” glancing at Sumi who was curiously looking back and forth between the two, he pushed her towards the door “We have to discuss about some contract so can you please buy breakfast for me?” he handed her a list of items to buy and she gulped, reading the huge serving of food before leaving the room.

As soon as she is gone Seungho turned back to G.O. He told him everything that had happened, and frowned. “That guy named Joon really seems to love her a lot…and the way he spoke to me was so full of hatred, it was as if he wanted me dead.” G.O was silent, taking in everything “I will help you check on him. Maybe his information will reveal something.” Thanking his friend, they discussed about his office work. Sumi came in, struggling to carry drinks and plastic bags at the same time. Setting down everything while telling them who its for, the three of them tucked in. Everyday Sumi would visit him and take care of him, he took care of him so well that the nurses don’t have to do much, except gave him his medications and check on his health. Soon he was discharged and they went out to celebrate. “Should we call G.O?” he shook his head “He’s busy with something…lets just go to that Italian restaurant. They had a great evening, enjoying each other’s company and eating delicious food together.

 

They went pass a shop selling phone accessories and Sumi’s eyes couldn’t leave the shop, as she wanted to go in but was afraid Seungho might not want to. Seungho caught her looking and pulled her in without a word. As soon as they were inside, Sumi was showing everything to him like an excited child, holding out the different accessories for him to help her choose. He smiled as she seemed to be in a brighter mood and went along with her, helping her pick and agreeing to whatever she says. They found an iphone case with a cute panda at the back, and Sumi giggled as she placed it next to his face “This looks like you.” He protested while pretending to be angry. She went to pay for it but the cashier said to her “Miss, this is part of a couple set. We only sell it in pairs.” She showed her the box with a set of iphone case inside. One was the case she was buying and another has a panda with a ribbon. “Hey, that’s looks like you.” Seungho with a smile. They paid for the case and went out. Sumi took the female panda and handed the other case. “You gave me the wrong one.” Exchanging their cases, they walked back to the house, talking about gadgets.