♕ 9 - Tensing up

♕ Cinderella; With A Twist ❤

This chapter is written in :  Eun Ah's POV  Min Ah's POV  Kevin's POV  |  Kris' POV  Sang Hyun's POV  |  Dara's POV  |  Author's POV  |


 

♕ Min Ah's POV ♕

 

“Good Morning Class” Kim seongsaengnim appeared from the door; There was something odd about what she was wearing today. She wasn’t wearing her usual long, white science coat and her all-time favourite pointed black leather high heel. She was dressed extra outgoing today; hair tied up into a bun, open toed sandals and a pink and yellow one piece shirt and short.

“Good Morning Kim seongsaengnim?” The class greeted back awkwardly.

“Is there something wrong?”

‘…..’

“Oh right!” She clapped her hands together “We’re doing an experiment at the beach today. That’s why I’m not in my lab coat” She informed.

The nearby beach was just a ten minutes walk away from my school. Eun Ah unnie often goes there with her group of friends after school.

 

“Also, I’ve heard about Shin seongsaengnim putting you guys into groups of two’s, neh?”

“Yeh” Everyone replied.

“Well, all the teachers in this grade have decided to go with his plans”

‘….’

“Meaning….” She continued “For whatever subject you are doing, if you are required to work in pairs, the partner you are paired up with by Shin seongsaengnim will be your partner for the rest of the year.”

“Aww… what? That’s not fair!!” The girls whinged.

“Shush. I don’t care if it’s fair or not. It’s been decided and agreed on. Now, what I want you to do is to get into your groups and line up at the door”

Everyone stood up and trudged unwillingly to the door, like they were told. I stood at the back of unnie and Kevin.

 

“Min Ah, who’s your partner?” Miss Kim asked

I pointed to the pair in front of me

“Then why aren’t you standing with- wait.” She paused

“Sang hyun, who’s your partner?”

“Obseo”

“Wae?”

“Shin seongsaengnim said I don’t need a partner because I’m leading the pi-"

"Okay." She stopped Sang Hyun, "You can go with Eun Ah"

"Whaaaaat???” Unnie exaggerated, "Why do I have to be with him?"

“Because I want you to, got a problem?”

“‘…- anni”

 

Without a reply, Miss Kim sent everyone out of the room and off to the beach.

 

* * * * *

 

“Okay! Here we are at the beach!” Miss Kim extended her arms into the fresh air and inhaled a deep breath. “So, can anyone guess why I brought you guys to the beach today?”

 

Sang hyun shot  his long skinny arms up and answered the question

“Kim seongsaengnim brought us here today because we are learning about Salinity in ocean water, so I’m assuming Kim seongsaengnim wants us to test the level of salt and the amount of salt in the ocean?”

Miss Kim applauded loudly and the class followed along. “Sang hyun, great job! You know me too well.”

Sang hyun faintly flushed pink, he bowed his head at the teacher and smiled shyly.

 

“So guys, get into your groups, scatter around the beach and collect the following things:

Dry sand, wet sand, a bit of sea water, seaweed and if you can find any, put any sea creatures and /or plants you find into this red bucket.”

Miss Kim lifted up an empty red bucket and waved it around for the class to see.

“Work together, don’t muck around and try to have some fun. We’ll all meet up back here before you’re next class so remember to come back here before 1:30” She added. “Now off you guys go.”

 

 

Once the class was dismissed, I roamed through the big and tropical beach;

The scent of fresh combined with salty sea water rushed up my nose allowing me to sense the sensation. I stayed absolutely silent to enjoy the view of palm trees swaying softly from side to side, watching happy birds gliding up high in the sky. I stood in peace listening to the ocean wave genteelly crashing into each other with a bit of laughter from my classmates at the background. But it wasn’t long before this romantic, relaxing and soft scenery ended when Kevin butted in.

“Min Ah sshi, what should we do first?”

I took one last longing glance at the gorgeous view then sighed, “Go get a small bucket to fill some ocean water and I'll stay here to collect some sand as samples”

“Arraeso, Min Ah sshi. I won't be long” Kevin replied obediently.

“Oh! And just call me Min Ah. We are classmates after all” I flashed a simple smile at Kevin and ambled off.

 


♕ Kevin's POV ♕

 

“Hmmm… I’m pretty sure Kim seongsaengnim left the red bucket here before” I turned my head from side to side, searching for the red bucket, “Where could it be?”

 

I saw Sulli being pushed around in the shallow water by the flirty Minho and ran over to them.

 

“Uh… sorry to disturb…”

 

“What?” Sulli butted

‘..”I was wondering if you’ve taken the red bucket.”

“Does it look like we did?” Minho answered sarcastically

“Well, do you know who might have it?”

“No.” Sulli responded

“Well if-“

“Yah! When were you so talkative?” Minho groaned, “I’m tryna have some fun with my gir-“

“Ahem!” Sulli coughed.

Minho grinned fakely at Sulli's reaction, “I’m trying to spend some time with my partner here. Maybe ask your Eun Ah because I saw Sang Hyun take the bucket before.”

 

 


♕ Eun Ah's POV ♕

 

"Here Eun Ah sshi" Sang Hyun shoved the empty red bucket right in my face. 

I took off my pair of socks and slid them into my pink and white branded sneakers and  raised my head,  finding myself face to face with a big red bucket. 

"Yah! Hand it properly" I whinged. 

"Here"

And he lowered the bucket in front of me. 

 

Just as I was about to bend down to pick the bucket, a gust of cool wind blew past and sand went into my eye. 

 

"Ouch" I hissed 

"Wae?" 

"Yah! Does everything need to be against me?!" I yelled in frustration, "First I got paired up with you, a stupid nerd and now even the nature is against me. What kind of day is it today" 

'..."uhm... I think you're just overreacting. Its just sand in your eye"  

"YAH! ARE YOU AGAINST ME TOO?"  

 

With my left eye closed, I could see through my right eye that a Sang Hyun ignored me and left the bucket on the tip of my bare, manicured toes. 

"Aish. Stupid geeks these days"  

 

 

"Eun Ah?"

I twisted my head towards the familiar voice. ; It was Dara. 

"Are you alright there?"  

"Don't just stand there. Can't you see I need a tissue?" I yelled out in one big breath 

"Par-pardon? Can you soft-soften your voi-voice just a little bit please?" She stammered. 

Instead of lowering my voice as asked, I yelled even louder, "Yah! You babo! You don't tell me what to do! Now go and get me a tissue you lazy pig!"  

Okay, maybe I went a little overboard but who the heck cares, she's a geek, no body cares how she'll feel. 

"Oh..." she started, '...'

I heard her sniff and then spoke up again, "I'll go get you a tissue now" 

"I don't want it anymore. But do me a favour. Go get me your partner" 

"Kris?" 

'...' "You're not serious right?! Obviously I meant him!" I widened my eyes.

She's a freaken nerd yet she's so stupid. "How ironic" I sighed.  

"Ne-neh" The stupid nerd just kept nodding yet she still has her feet glued to the floor 

"Just go!" I directed.                     

 

* * * * *

 

“What do you want?” Kris asked

I groaned and simply replied “I don’t want the stupid geek”

“Whoo…. Harsh” He hissed

“But true” I added

“So then what do you want me to do?”

“I don’t know! That stupid Sang Hyun left and I don’t know where he is!” I stomped my feet angrily.

 

 

“Ah~ Jeboul shidoyo” A high and sweet voice cried from the distance.

Kris and I both turned our head towards the sound.

 

“HAHAH, the boys bullying your Dara again”

“She’s not MY Dara!”

“Psh… Yeah right, she follows you everywhere,”

“AND I DON’T LIKE THAT!” I interrupted in a breath, “It’s freaken annoying! She’s ugly, she’s cheap, she’s imperfect, you know! And, what stresses me out more is that her stupid brother is like her too!”

We both stayed silent for a while and then our attention got caught by Dara’s high pitch voice again.

She was being surrounded by the class of boys; they were threatening and teasing her with things she got scared of.

 

“Babo. She gets scared of freaken seaweed!” I smirked at the view

“Pretty cute I must say…”

‘..’ “Did I hear wrong!” I said shockingly, “You called her cute. Seriously dude?”

“Psh… no. I was just kidding. Her? Cute? They don’t go together”

 

Despite that Kris had said he was joking, I saw him take one last longing glance at Dara being irritated by the guys.

 

As I watch her being frightened, the soothing sound of the waves crashing against the shore gave me a good idea.

 

“Hey, I have an idea of how to make myself happier again”

“Wae?”

I smirked, “Follow me”

 

 

 

“Andwae” Dara wept, “shidoyo” She shook her head.

“Chillax girl! It’s just seaweed!” Onew laughed

“You guys are so mean” Minho mocked Dara; trying very hard to put on his high pitched voice.

 

 

“Hey boys” I chanted, “my turn.”

“What are you doing?” Kris dragged my arm back with power

“If you’re not joining me then just stand aside and watch” I swept his big grip off my arm and strutted towards Dara.

 

 

“Eun Ah… th-ay-ey were fri-i-tening me” She stuttered, sobbingly.

“Awww.. you po-or lit-it-itle girl, how do yo-ou w-want me to help you?” I mocked

“Eun Ah, why are you helping her?” Minho argued.

“Shut up."

"Give me that” And I snatched the soggy, slimy seaweed off Minho’s hand.

 

“Yo-ou scared of-f this aren’t you?” I raised the seaweed to eye level and Dara stepped back, screaming and tearing.

“hahahaha” I laughed at the hilarious sight “You look really stupid right now” I harassed her.

 

She looked up from her chest innocently and frowned “wae-wae? Aren-aren’t you hel-elping me?”

I chuckled sarcastically and replied “No! Do you really think I will!?”

“Do you really think I’ll help a nerd like you?” I took a footstep towards her

“Do you really think I’ll save a nerd like you?” My other foot stepped forward and I leaned closely against her; interfering her personal space. 

 

“Eun-eun ah?” She mumbled.

“Shut up! You and your stupid brother are both the same! Both so dumb! Both so annoying! Both so irritating! I don’t know why the heck I even let you into my life! You ruin every single fun moment! You think you’re smart? No. You’re just a dumb little girl trying to look like a “know it all” and impress the teachers and crap.” I threatened her in a thunderous tone and my words were cold and clear.

 

She pursed and bit onto her lips. Her cheeks were burning red and a few slips of tears cascaded down her face.

She sniffed, “I never knew you thought that way about me? Did you really hate me that much?”

 

To my surprise, her innocent words and guiltless emotion softened the atmosphere. Kris grabbed my arms again and whispered in my ears, “You’ve gone over the board lady!”

I pressed my lips together in guilt but wait…. No, I have no guilt. I am not guilty. What I said was right. And what I thought came out of my mouth.

Kris and I had our argument of who was right and who was wrong when suddenly, the stupid guy clutched my shoulders so hard, I had to swing around and push him away.

 

“Ah!” That was the last thing I heard Dara say before she fell into the ocean water.

 

Everyone held their stomach and continued laughing then Kris stopped us,

“Yah! Look what you did”

“Yah! It wasn’t my fault! Just blame yourself for being so fat!” I stuck my tongue out as a comeback

“Yah! Blame yourself for being so manly and pushing so hard!” He continued to tease

 

We both cracked up until I took a glimpse on the side. Kevin? Kevin! I thought. He was making his way towards our group, so I quickly controlled my amusement and place on a concerned voice.

 

“Yah! Why’d you guys do that for! Instead of laughing and enjoying yourself, be a man and help Dara up”

The guys were shocked, but it didn’t take very long for Kris to notice what was going on.

 

“Pshh… Blame her for being so clumsy” He played along with my act

 

The boys were still confused but it didn’t matter, I have Kris as a backup so everything is under control right now. 

 

 

On the corner of my eyes, I noticed Kevin getting nearer and nearer, so I whispered loudly to Kris “push me into the water”

 

I don’t think he quite got that but since Kevin was getting even closer, I had no choice but continue on with my act.

 

I power walked over to the side and reached my arms out for Dara “Hold onto my hand!”

 

Aish! This girl! She’s going to ruin my effort if she doesn’t play along!!” I screamed in my head.

 

At this moment, Kris ran over and grabbed my shoulders “Have fun getting wet” and with a really solid force, he pushed me directly into the water.

 

I locked my eyes tightly together and held in a big breath. Everything went pitch black and all I felt was my shoes and socks all soaked with freezing water, then the cold water travelled up my legs, up my stomach and chest and back and it didn’t take long before my entire body was drenched with ice-cold, chilly water.

 

I wiped my face with my wet palms and tried my best to water tremble, as my eyes slowly open, I could see Kevin running towards us at a very rapid pace.

“Eun Ah! Kwanchanayo?” He shouted.

“AHAHAHA, Is this all you got Eun Ah, a new kid? Come on, you can do better than that!”  Kris kidded.

“You shouldn’t have done that. What are you? Some heartless creature?”

“Oh, you did not just call me that”

Kevin ignored Kris’ statement and continued shouting, “Eun Ah is a nice girl, what did she do to make you push her into the water?”

“None of your business.” He peeved, “Let’s go guys” And they all swaggered off.

 

You babo! I swear I will shout at you if you don’t help me out of this cold water right now Kevin! I cursed.

As the boys distanced, Kevin offered two hands at Dara and I, “Here, let me help you two’s up.”

 

Dara grabbed Kevin’s arm strongly and kicked towards the edge.

 

So unfeminie I rolled my eyes as I watched Kevin helped Dara up.

 

Then I lifted my arms up gracefully, about to take Kevin's arm but instead, our hands met. His soft and warm hand pressed onto mines.

"Here, take my other hand" He offered and I did as I was told.

 

Our fingers parted and I slowly entwined into his hand. I looked up to see his reaction, he simpered charmingly.

Ahhh~ Chincha kyepta. That's a killer smile; it's so seducti- WAIT! HOLY! WHAT ON EARTH WAS I SAYING. NO WAY. HE. IS. NOT. CUTE.

I shaked that thought out of my head and simply thanked him for getting me out of the cold water.

 


Little did they know... From the distance, someone was watching them curiously...

 

'...' was she holding his hands?......

 


 

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry for making this chapter extraaaaaahh long. But anyways, hope you've enjoyed it ♥^^

REMEMBER TO COMMENT ♥ ♥

Also, I did not write who said that last line because I want you guys to guess, and I want to build some tention^^ ;)