chapter 4

the good wife

 

it's been a while since she opened her' memories box ' like she called it ,after what happened tonight she couldn't sleep .she had many sleepless night in her life ,but tonight was somehow special ,yes ,special because of changmin : it's weird ,despite being cold to her and mistreating her she can't hate him nor blame him .  she reached for her box that was hide under the bed , she grabbed the metallic peace and sat back on her bed . inside it ,were hiding many objects: her old diaries, pictures of her parents ,some letters that she kept from her secret admirers back in highschool : she was very popular with boys , and a black folder .
 
she took the folder ,contemplated it for seconds before opening it : "to seo joohyun"  , it was the contract that changmin gave it to her a year ago . she sighed ,it brings so many memories , she needed to read it again ; she was breaking the rules of the contract by having slight feeling for her husband ,and here she is openenig the folder ... 
 
the first page :   
 
                                                                                                                                                                                       
from : shim changmin 
to : seo joohyun 
date : .../.../2011 
place : seoul  
 
 
disclaimer : this documents contain number of rules , if The person concerned by them accepts and gives his signature ,he will be obliged to follow each rule and must not violate them  .
 
 
 
most of the rules in here are made by Mr shim changmin , he is willing to compromise if any rule is : 
 
 
- dangerous for personal safety 
- involve personal safety of other people .
- extreme cases where it becomes hard to follow ( the cases will be mentioned in the third page of this document ).
 
 
 

                                          

 

                                                                                                                                                                                                             

second page : 

                                                                             

 

from : shim changmin 
to : seo joohyun 
 
 
           the following  statements are intended to Mrs Seo Joohyun ,she must read them carefully before intend to make any procedure .
 
rule 1 : the wife -seo joohyun- does not have the right to interfere in her husband -shim changmin- personal life ,in any way. 
 
rule 2: the wife must not expose the secrets of thier couple to anybody ,related to family or not.
 
rule 3 : the wife must accept and respect her husband's lover miss jung sooyeon ( the rules related to miss jung will be mentioned in the fourth page ).
 
rule 4: the wife must cover her husband in any way way possible , she must be cooperative with him . 
 
rule 5 :the wife must behave herself as a good and loving wife in front of changmin's parents .
 
rule 6: no touching ,or close acting when the wife and her husband are alone , it is allowed in front of other family members.
 
rule 7 : the house where the couple's lives rules : 
 
- sleeping in two separate rooms 
 
-never mentioned the couple's secret in front of the maid or driver : either by the husband or the wife .
 
- mr shim changmin must not bring his lover at home ,never ,ever .
 
- the couple will share the breakfast together ,but not the other meals. 
 
- once in a month ,mr shim changmin's parents will have dinner or lunch with the couple at home . 
 
-never ask the husband where he was if he comes home late .
 
- the wife doesn't have to wait for the husband if he is late .
 
rule 8 :the marriage will last two years . 
 
rule 9 :Mrs seo joohyun can use her husband's money to her daily expenses.
 
rule 10: the wife can't have any romantic feelings for her husband .
 
rule 11 : do not call or disturb the husband when he is with his lover in a date ( expect in some cases  : page four ).
 
 
                                                                                                                                                                     
 
third page :
                                                                                                                                                                                                                            
 
 
 
 
        the following  statements are extreme cases where mr shim changmin can compromise the rules in the previous page .
 
 
- in  the case where any relative ( minus the parents ) discover the secret and it's not Mrs seo joohyun responsibility .
 
-if something bad happened to Mrs seo joohyun .
 
-if Mrs seo joohyun fell in love and want a separation ( divorce before the two years periode).
 
- Mrs seo joohyun can disturb mr shim changmin when he is on a date with miss jung :
 
-when they are in a place where they can be seen together .
 
-when there is a family emergency and Mr shim changmin is unreachable.
 
- being lovey dovey in front of family members or friends . 
 
-  in any  other case that threats the secret and it is not mentioned here . 
 
                                                                                        
 
fourth page :
                                                                                        
 
the following statements are related to miss jung sooyeon also known as jessica jung and her relation with Mr seo joohyun :
 
 
-the relation between miss jung sooyeon and Mrs seo joohyun must be formal in any case , they have to share a mutuelle respect.
 
- if Mr seo joohyun meets miss jung sooyeon in a public place ,they must act normaly .
 
- when mr shim changmin is with miss jung ,mrs seo joohyun must not disturb them . 
 
-Miss jung sooyeon must respect the fact that MRs seo joohyun is Mr shim changmin's wife ,and do not do anything stupid in the two years periode of thir marriage . if so ,mrs seo joohyun have the right to interfere between mr shim and mis jung .
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
                                                                                                                                               
fifth page : 
                                                                     
 
 
if Mrs seo joohyun has read the rules in this document ,please sign down 
 
 
 
 
I seo joohyun accept the conditions and rules mentioned in this document 
 
 
.......
 
 
seoul 09/12/2011
 
 
 
 
                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
 
sighing ,she closed the folder and put it back in the mettalic box ,she definently broke one of the main rules . if she
 
didn't want to be in trouble ,she must keep it in her heart ..
 
   "gwaenchanha ,joohyun-ah everything will be okey !" she tried to surpasse her tears by encouraging herself ,she needed courage the most .