chapter 3

the good wife

 

"you two ,should go home " ramarked Mrs shim when they came in the waiting room ," omma ,we 'll stay until dad wakes up " changmin wanted to stay because ,he was still worry about his father he'll be more relieved when his father wakes up " just go home changmin-ah ,look at your wife she looks exhausted " she looked at joohyun with compassion ,she really cares about her .she loves her ,and is very good to her like a mother "oemoni ,I'm okey .we can stay longer " 
"I'll call you ,changmin take your wife and go home " changmin knew that he'll lose against his mother ,she was very stubborn " arrasso ,let's go joohyun " joohyun bowed at Mrs shim and went with changmin out. .
the drive home was silent ,joohyun was thoughtful .she remembered her first night with changmin ....
 
 
she sat on the bed ,still wearing her wedding dress. like an angel, she looked beautiful .changmin entered the room and sat on the sofa in front of her .
 
"you really are beautiful seo joohyun " she blushed , back then changmin really meant what he said ,he always thought that joohyun was beautiful ,anybody who saw his wife complimented him and envied him " get up " he commended ,she got up and got closer to him ,he stood more closely to her " espcialy your big eyes " he murmured while caressing her face with the back of his hand " too bad I can't love you joohyun-ah" joohyun gave him a puzzled look 
"it won't last " his face got more close to her face ,his lips brushed hers  and when joohyun relaxed and closed her eyes waiting for the kiss .He withdrew his lips and moved away from her " our marriage is wrong joohyun-ah " she opened her eyes " what ? " she was confused " I have someone else in my heart " he was cold ,it wasn't the same person anymore 
" I don't understand you " her voice was shaky " this marriage is fake ,I can't touch you , tonight or any other night " she backed away until she reached  the foot of the bed " what does it mean ?" she asked not sure if she wanted to hear the response "I'll make it simple ,I am in a relation  with another woman and I can't break up with her " she sat again on the bed ,she didn't want to cry in front of him " arraso " she replied quitly" here read this while I am gone " 
she looked up he was holding a paper folder ,she took it "a prenup , it contains some rules that will clear you mind joohyun " .that night he left her alone,she felt really embarrassed ...it was hard  ,but  opening the folder and read it's contents was harder  .
 
 
"you still daydreaming ?" joohyun jumped when she heard him speaking ,she was too concentrated  "ani " she looked at her lap "I was talking to you but you didn't hear me " 
"really ,I am sorry " he continued as he turned the steering wheel " when dad will get better ,we have to buy you a car .do you have a driving license?" she frowned ,since when changmin is a caring about her "yes ,but why ? I don't think I need one ,Mr han can drive me around " she didn't want him to spend extra money ,they already had a driver "  I'll be more free ,about mr han I don't want my parents to suspect something ,if you have you own car it will be easier to convince them " ah ! that's why he wants to buy me a car ,it will be easier for him to sneak around with jessica !
 " if you want so ,alright " silence filled the air again but then she spoke
"changmin ,I wanted to ask you something " joohyun remembered that her parents first death memorial was comming ,and she needed to go to the country side ,to visit their grave 
"yes ? " 
"I need to go to Gimcheon ,I want to visit my parents grave " changmin turned to her and gave her a warm smile " it's your parents memorial ,isn't it ?" joohyun nodded " you don't have to come with me ,but I'll be absent for about two days ,time to visit my relative there "
" you don't have to ask me ,you can stay longer if you want it's been a while since you last traveled ".
 
they arrived at thier apartment . they had separate rooms, before going to her room ,joohyun stoped " changmin !" she called him ,he turned around " neh ?" 
"thank you " 
"for what ?" 
"remembering my parents memorial " she smiled 
 you are too good for me ,joohyun ;if it was under another circumstance I would have fallen for you  but ...he sighed "go to sleep now "
"neh ,good night "
"good night joohyun" 
 
she closed the door of her room with a beating heart ,she was sure now : shim changmin meant for her ,more then she thought. 
 
*Gimcheon :  is a city in North Gyeongsang Province, South Korea. It is situated on the major land transportation routes between Seoul and Busan, namely the Gyeongbu Expressway and Gyeongbu Line railway