chapter 22

the good wife

 

chanyeol couldn't take his eyes from jessica ,he remarked that she got prettier ,he saw her on tv before but she is way more beautiful in person .they sat in silence waiting for their coffee .
fortunately there wasn't many customers today ,jessica will be at ease ." why are you here  Sooyeon-ah ?"  he asked when the waiter brought them thier coffe ,she smirked " I like that you asked me directly ,but there isn't a specific reason " chanyeol took his cup and drank from the steamy drink " really ?" jessica sighed before answering " I just wanted to see my old friend " chanyeol laughed his head falling back " you busy sooyeon travelled from korea to here just to say hi ,please I know you better " well it was true that he knew her -thought jessica " how is my brother doing ?" the question startled her ,the sound of his calm voice meant something else " what do you mean ? didn't you talk to him recently ?"he shifted his gaze to look around the shop ,like he was avoiding to answer her "you know what I mean "she played with the spoon in her cup , she was lost suddenly : what is chanyeol insinuating ? did he know about her relationship with changmin ? well she had to ask anyway " no ,I don't know what do you mean ?" he exhaled deeply " I know everything soo yeon-ah ,I know that you didn't break up with changmin even when he got married .poor joo hyun "jessica stood frozen ,eyes wide ,hands trembling "how ...?" she was in lost of words
"did you really think that I am that naive ? how could you do this ? to me ,to joohyun .I always thought you were perfect ,too damn perfect !"he just lost his temper ,talking about his brother and jessica made him angry "I didn't want to hurt you chanyeol-ah " jessica reached to touch his hand but he took it away " the day I was going back to japan ,after changmin's wedding I ...I went to the company.." his voice was choked " to see you ,to tell you something important...but ..I wish I never went there "
"please stop " jessica pleading tone encouraged him to continue " no ,I want to feel what you did to me ,I saw you with changmin , in his arms kissing him passionately ,like it was a normal thing " jessica's face was pale drain from all color ,her stomach ache was getting back and she felt sick all of sudden " what have I done ?" the question was more for her then to him " you have already done so much, so please leave me alone ,go back to korea ,go back to him and let's forget this !" she could sense that chanyeol was hurt and deceived by her ,and that killed her " there is no more him ! " she raised her voice ,she was defending herself .she didn't want chanyeol's hate ,that was the worst thing ever " what ? did you two got bored of eachother ,after what you two did ? " he couldn't help the sarcasm in his voice . jessica couldn't take it anymore she was too humiliated to continue " no ,he didn't want me anymore " she said softly while standing up ,chanyeol watched her back getting far .he realised what he just did : he hurted the only woman he ever loved and ruined a chance to be with her . it was just a nightmare !
 
jessica stopped at the coffee shop entrance ,the pain was too big to handle.she clutched her belly and leaned against the wall ,the painkillers she took this morning were losing their effect :it wasn't the moment -she thought ,not now not infront of chanyeol ,she couldn't be weak in front of him."are you okay ?" there was concern in chanyeol's voice ,she bit her lip and nodded "mmm" it was the only voice she could emit, he took her by the waist so she could lean against him " you don't seem fine ,are you staying in a hotel ?" she nodded again " I'll take you ,go back inside I 'll go bring my car ,arraso ?" 
"neh " her voice came weak ,but she was happy to have her kind chanyeol back .
 
changmin contemplated what he just did ,he beated  the only close friend  he ever had ,what's wrong with him ? maybe yunho was just trying to be friendly with joohyun .but not ,he always trusted his instincts .and they were screaming to him that yunho has feelings for his wife, he groaned and put his face in his hands " what happened to your hands oppa ?" he jumped at joo hyun's voice ,after what happened he came back home , at least with joohyun his mind will be eased. he looked at the red marks from the fight earlier " nothing " she looked at him for moments ,she didn't believe him but kept silent " joohyun-ah ,I wanted to ask something " he took her hand and kissed it gently " go ahead oppa " 
" do you know why yunho is so interested in you ?" of course joohyun knew ,the last time she met he confessed to her but could she tell her husband ? what if changmin got mad and did something stupid ? " oppa you have to promise me not to get angry ,arasso "changmin shot her a look that said  'I can't promise you anything ' but he nodded anyway " the last time he came ,he said something "changmin frowned " what thing ?" joohyun averted his gaze and mumbled " that he likes me " changmin stood up from the sofa abruptly ;dropping her hand " I should have beaten him to death !" he said angrily ,joohyun looked confused " what do you mean ? you didn't ..." joohyun gaped " your hand ! OPPA !" changmin didn't pay her any  attention to her ,he was busy thinking of a way to make yunho back off for good ,joohyun stood to and took his arm " oppa answer me ,did you beat yunho-sshi ? "she shook him so he turned to her " I should have killed  him ,that bastard ! " she was shocked to know that changmin could be that violent " I can't believe you did it " she backed away from him ,he realized that she was afraid of him ,in his angry moment he didn't saw it coming " wait ,I can  explain ..." she raised her hand to stop him from talking but he continued " he said things and I lost control and .." 
 
"I thought you changed changmin " he wanted to get closer to her but she was already heading to their bedroom.she closed the door behind her and he knew better not go after her , she is disapointed by his behaviour .the look on her eyes told him that she wasn't ready to talk and he respected that at least for now . he left the house to drive around while joohyun would calm down .
 
joohyun sat on her bed ,holding yunho's business card she wanted to call him ,check if he was okay ,she felt guilty and bad ,it wasn't' his fault if changmin couldn't handle his anger . but what if the call she was going  to make was a bad move ? 
 
              she had to do something to ease her conscience
 
 
 
 
                                                                                          
 
another update !! hope you'll like it :)
 
 
with all my love houtafifistories <3