사랑해

You Are My Girl

"Oppa," I loved how natural that sounded. "Is this a music studio?"
He nodded, "Nae. Jinyoung hyung helped me find this place."
I looked at all the equipment, not touching anything. Everything looked too expensive to even think about touching. "Are you gonna sing for me, oppa?" I smiled at him.
"No." He shook his head. "You're singing for me."
My eyes widened. "I- I can't."
"Yes, you can. It's just me here with you."
I looked at the camera man. "Not really. But that's why I can't."
He chuckled. "Do I make you nervous?"
"Yes! You're an amazing singer and I'm not."
"Aigo, Rena. I'm no one special. I just want to hear your voice." He tried looking in my eyes, but I turned away. If I look at them just once, I know I wouldn't be able to resist. "Rena," He cooed. "Look at me, please."
I tried to resist but he just grabbed my hands and pulled me closer to him. I tried to keep my gaze anywhere but his face, but the closeness of our  faces broke me. I turned to face him and his eyes silently pleaded to me. That insanely adorable look melted my heart. Even in those glasses, his eyes were like Kryptonite.
I sighed. "Okay, oppa."
He smiled widely and hugged me. "Thank you!"
"But what should I sing?"
"Sing "Halo" again. I like that one."
I was extremely nervous. I didn't want to mess up in front of him. If I did, I would die. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes.  I sang the first verse and while I was singing, Sandeul's smiling face popped up in my head. I opened my eyes and he was staring at me adoringly. I smiled inwardly. I felt myself getting into the music. I sang with more passion. I wasn't just performing anymore. I was serenading him.
When I ended the song, he clapped and cheered for me. He pulled me in for another hug and kissed my cheek. "Jagiya! I loved it!"
I blushed. "Thanks, oppa."
"Now it's my turn to sing for you." He sat down at the piano and motioned for me to sit next to him. "I wanted to sing something else but I think that this song is better for today." He started playing the intro to "Only One" and humming along with the melody. I watched his fingers move across the keyboard elegantly. Then he started singing. When I heard his voice, my heart doubled in size. His voice was enough to make me fall for him all over again. "I pray no tears in your dreams. I know you’ll fly high in your life. I sesangeun jageun nuneuro tto geudael boryeogo hajiman. Boran deusi dangdanghage malhal su isseo You are the only one.*" At that line, he looked right into my eyes. I felt myself start to tear up for the second time today. I felt his gaze pierce into my heart.
I wiped the tears away and listened to him sing the rest of the song. I've never felt so much love in one song. I knew that he was singing that song for me. He was telling me that despite all the discouragements in my life, he had confidence in me. When he finally turned away from the piano, I threw my arms around his neck.
He was stunned at first, then he wrapped his arms around my waist. "So you liked it?"
"Oppa, I loved it!" I pulled away and kissed his cheek. "That was something I really needed to hear. Thank you."
"I meant every word."
I didn't know how to respond so I didn't. Instead he looked away and stood up. He walked aimlessly around the studio, appearing to be thinking about something. "Oppa?"
Then knelt in front of me, grasping my hands. "Remember what you wished for at the fountain?"
"Yes?"
"Tell me again."
What was this about? "I wished that our time together would never end. Why"
"Do you still feel the same way?" His eyes were urgent.
"Of course. But why-?
"Want to hear what I wished for?" He interrupted. I suddenly felt really nervous. I nodded. He took a deep breath and put his hands on my shoulders, camera man forgotten. "I'll be returning to Seoul soon. So... Will you wait for me?

*I pray no tears in your dreams. I know you’ll fly high in your life. Although this world tries to look at you with a small view. I can confidently say you’re the only one.