More Than Just a Crush

You Are My Girl

[Before this chapter, there is one I wrote for a Baro stan, but I omitted it from this site because I want to keep it strictly Sandeul]

I hope my little clay wall decoration comes out nice. It's was a heart with a small duck inside. Of course the duck is Sandeul and the heart is my own. But I don't want him to know. After all, I'm just a fan.
*
Today, we're going back to paint our items. When I walked in, I was greeted by a smiling Sandeul. "Rena!"
"Annyeong*!" I smiled back. I've been practicing my Korean this past week.
His smile widened. "Very good."
"Thanks." I beamed at him. "Let's paint!" I slightly turned my body away from him, trying to block his view of my piece. He was in deep concentration on his own piece that he didn't even notice.
While I painted the heart a light blue, I began to play Sandeul's solo song "Crush" in my head. I finished the heart and started on the duck when I heard a beautiful, soft voice. "Nae mameul algo isseulkka? Moleun cheoghago isseulkka? Jeogdanghi twinggidaga mos igineun cheog? Nae mam bada jwo geuleom andoelkka?**"
I turned to him, embarrassed. I hadn't realized that I started to sing aloud. He looked deep into my eyes and slowly sang the next part. "Nae saranga, nae saranga.***"
My heart started beating a little faster. I knew what that meant. I blushed and quickly turned back to my work. He just quietly laughed at me. Does he have no idea of the effect he has on me?
I shook my head and the camera guy caught my attention once again. He had recorded that little moment. My heart sunk a little. I guess he just did that for the camera.

When I heard her sweet voice, my stomach did a flip. She was singing my song. "Kkwae olae doen geosman gata neol mollae johahaessdeon na. Hogsina deulkilkkabwa maeum jolimyeo. Maleul halkka malkka honja gomineul hae.****"
I smiled to my self. She was so iressistably adorable. I continued the next part of the song for her. When she heard my voice, she stopped singing. I looked at her and smiled at her slightly agape mouth.
I stared in her eyes and with total seriousness, I sang, "Nae saranga, nae saranga." Judging by her blush, she knew what that meant. I chuckled at that; she's cute when she blushes.
We all finished painting our pieces and set them on a tray to be put in the oven. Rena had hers pressed to her chest, so I wasn't able to see what she had made. But when she placed it on the tray, I stole a quick glance.
I felt like hugging her. She had made a light blue heart and inside the heart, there was a small yellow duck. There was me, Sanduck. Me! She had me inside her heart. I smiled widely and walked back to our table.
Rena looked slightly upset. "Are you alright?"
She sighed and smiled weakly at me. "I'm okay. Just... tired." I could tell she wasn't telling the truth but I didn't want to press it any farther.
She peered at me suddenly. "Sandeul?"
"Hm?"
"Our date is tomorrow, right?"
"Um, yes?"
"Do you already have it planned?"
"I have an idea... Why?" Her questions filled me with curiosity.
She hesitated. "There's something I want to do."
"What is it?"
"Well, I already met Sandeul. And I know how much of an amazing person he is." I smiled to myself. "But, I want to meet Lee JungHwan."
My smile immediately left my face. Why would she want to meet that guy? Why him when she already thinks Sandeul is amazing? I looked into her eyes and tried to find reason in them.
She looked hopeful. "Please?" She had aegyo on full blast. I couldn't resist.
"Okay, Rena. You can meet JungHwan." She smiled brightly. "But on one condition."
She instantly grew suspicious. "Okay, what?"
"You have to make my wish come true." I gave her a sly smile.
She eyed me, trying to read my face. "Okay, deal."

*Hello
**Do you know my mind? Are you pretending like you don’t know? Pretending like you can’t overcome it? Can’t you just accept my heart?
***My love, my love.
****It’s been so long, me liking you and you never know. I worry that I might get caught. Keep thinking if I should say or not.