Goodbye

You Are My Girl

It's been two weeks since I've seen Sandeul. The night after their concert was the last time I saw him. B1A4's schedule has been packed with various talk show appearances and performances. And today they're heading back to Korea.
When I arrived at the airport, my heart was heavy. I've only spent a week with Sandeul but I knew that he was the one for me. The past two weeks were hard to live through with only texting and calling him. So I'm really not anticipating how I'm going to spend my time waiting for him.
Despite my sadness, when I saw him, I was taken over by happiness. I walked up to him and he awaited me with open arms. He hugged me tightly and we stayed in that embrace for a long moment.
I hadn't even realized that I was crying until he said so. "Rena, you're crying."
"Huh?" I pulled back and touched my face. Shiny tear droplets were sitting on my fingertips.
"You don't have to cry, jagiya." He wiped my tears away.
"I don't know when I'll see you again."
"At least we know that this isn't goodbye." The smooth sound of his voice couldn't contain the sadness. And that hurt my heart even more. Tears started flowing endlessly down my face once again.
And when the time came for him to board his plane, we were both in tears. I'm glad the cameras weren't around to see my meltdown. I held onto him tightly, trying to memorize the scent of his clothes and the feel of his arms around me. But I couldn't hold on forever.
I finally let go and looked at him through my blurred vision. "Remember, oppa. I'm waiting for you."
He smiled sadly and kissed my forehead. I held his hand as I walked him to the security checkpoint. When I've reached the end, I felt my heart drop... This is it.
"Rena, I'm really going to miss you." He held both of my hands. "Keep in touch, okay?"
"I will." I gave him the brightest smile I could manage.
He kissed me one last time, quickly but sweetly. And I knew he would keep his promise to me. I took a deep breath and let him go.
As he walked away, I knew he was trying not to cry. I blew kisses to him while I let a few more tears escape.
Then ever so softly, he called, "Saranghae."