Chapter 9

Oh My Goddess!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

mistakes are mineeeee

 

The weekend is here and Sooyoung takes her usual route towards her special place like always. But unlike any other time, she looks behind her once in a while, checking for any sign of Yuri. She likes the girl alright, even though the said girl is freakishly weird. But she’s not comfortable of the thought that her classmate is a stalker – a really good one to be honest.

 

So far, Yuri is not in sight so the Shikshin continues to traverse the path towards the clearing. Her mood immediately shoots up as she nears the place, excitement coursing through her. It’s inexplicable but she does feel that way. It’s like seeing your best friend who hasn’t been around for days. Like that feeling when you can’t pent up the stories you want to share to them. And the feeling that you know they’d understand you no matter what you tell them. It makes her feel happy and not alone.

 

“Hey!” Sooyoung greets the tree. She glances around checking if she is followed. There’s no sign of movement or humans in the vicinity. Good.

 

Truthfully, she doesn’t care if anybody would hear her talking to a tree. Even though people might think she’s crazy, she already knows that she is. And also, in her defense, this is her way of talking to herself, like any other person does. It just involves a tree.

 

Sooyoung notices that a lot of leaves are scattered than usual on the ground. She looks up and sees some bare branches that were full of the greenest leaves ever existed before. There are also visible and fresh scratches on the trunk which worried her.

 

She traces the damages with her hands slowly. “What happened to you? Who did this?” Of course the tree won’t answer her but she got hurt, thinking that somebody damaged this beautiful tree. “I swear if I ever see that bastard…” Then she remembers something.

 

“Yuri?” She thinks back to their conversation some days ago. She remembers Yuri knowing about her outfit and what she was eating when she was here last week. If Yuri did follow her then… “No, that can’t be right. Yuri wouldn’t hurt a fly. Why would she do this to a tree?” She thinks aloud.

 

“No you’re right. I did it.” A voice behind her startles her and she turns around sharply to be met by none other than the girl in her thoughts.

 

“You??” Sooyoung asks unbelieving. She shakes her head in denial. “It can’t be you.”

 

“Why not?” Yuri asks challengingly. Sooyoung detects a change in Yuri’s demeanor. Like she isn’t the girl she previously met months ago. There’s something different about her attitude. Not just that, Yuri seems to radiate. She became even prettier and her appearance is totally godlike. What is going on?

 

“Did you follow me here?” Sooyoung decides not to answer the question Yuri threw at her. She doesn’t believe that Yuri could to this.

 

“No, I didn’t. And I asked you, why don’t you think I could do this? Do you even know me?” Yuri questions, staring at Sooyoung seriously.

 

“What has gotten into you Kwon Yuri? Are you mad at me?” The taller girl took small steps towards the girl in front of her. “Are you upset coz of our fake dating? I’m sorry I made you do it. But please you have to help me. If we say that we broke up, I wouldn’t be able so show my face around school and Taeyeon.” She doesn’t really care what the school thinks, she merely said that coz she knows Yuri is popular. With that perfect body and pretty face, why wouldn’t people desire her? She is just fortunate that Yuri pays attention to her. The reason escapes her though.

 

When Yuri doesn’t respond, Sooyoung dejectedly says, “Alright if you don’t want to then it’s fine. It was really selfish of me. I should’ve asked if it was okay with you before I opened my big trap I call my mouth.” She stops and ponders for a bit. “It was a spur of the moment though. Taeyeon was right there, yelling at me, I almost told her…”

 

“That you love her.” Yuri cuts her off and finishes the sentence for her. Surprised, Sooyoung stares at the girl with wide eyes. Before she can say anything Yuri continues. “I know all about you. Everything there is to know. It’s all here.” She points a finger to her head. What a freaking creepy thing to say! Yuri is a stalker after all. Has she come here to kill her? To have her way with her? Oh God. Sooyoung’s heart is beating wildly inside her chest in fear and nervousness.

 

The features on Yuri’s face suddenly soften. Sooyoung watches as the girl closes her eyes and sighs loudly, like she is controlling herself. When she opens them, they are back to the same ones the Shikshin is familiar with. It’s like Yuri was possessed earlier and now the evil spirit has left her body.

 

“Sorry.” Yuri mutters. “I didn’t mean to scare you.”

 

“Are you insane? Are you high right now?” Sooyoung raises her voice a bit in annoyance. Yuri is playing with her all this time!

 

“What is high?” Sooyoung rolls her eyes. Yup, normal Yuri is definitely back.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter