Chapter 14

Oh My Goddess!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Happy Holidays!! I am such an evil person for not updating for a year.. so…Here’s what you forgot (in case you’re too lazy to reread this and if you ain’t reading this anymore, that’s understandable)

Sooyoung met goddess Yuri who was the spirit of the tree she accidentally stumbled upon Sooyoung had a fight with her best friend Taeyeon, whom she was also in love with Taeyeon got herself a boyfriend w/c was why they were fighting Yuri is in love with Sooyoung but wants Taeyeon to be with the latter Yoona found out that Yuri came down to earth

Yuri suddenly has a bad feeling about the day ahead. She couldn’t place her finger on it but she’s nervous. Maybe something bad will happen but she doesn’t know what. She couldn’t predict the future like The Fates, so she tries to ignore the feeling. After all, she’s a the beach with Sooyoung and her time on earth is already limited so she convinced herself that she’ll make the most out of it by having fun. However, Sooyoung’s needs come first and the girl is in panic mode.

 

She watches as the said girl pace around their shared room with Taeyeon, planning what she’s supposed to do to get the short girl to talk to her. Yuri can hear her mumble once in a while, practicing her lines so she won’t mess up. God knows that’s what Sooyoung has been good at doing for the past days.

 

The tall girl halts and faces Yuri who was sitting at her bed. “I’m so nervous.” Sooyoung worriedly states and Yuri just nods in understanding. “I mean, I have been saying the wrong things all the time. What if I mess up again? I bet she’ll never talk to me anymore!” Sooyoung rants and Yuri just lets her finish because it seems the girl has a lot to say. “Why do I always get so defensive? I know in my heart what I truly want to say, but my mouth is just so ing stupid. I can’t control it!”

 

Sooyoung begins pacing around again and Yuri is still unresponsive. She can’t really tell what’s wrong. She’s never good at giving advice. That’s Seohyun’s territory. Or maybe, she can’t say anything because a part of her doesn’t want to? That part where she still hopes to be with Sooyoung. The part where she gets to have a happy ending – which she doubts will happen.

 

“Hey! Here’s an idea!” Sooyoung again stops in front of her. Yuri raises her eyebrows at the girl, trying to compose herself. This is her idea after all. Doesn’t she want Sooyoung to be happy with Taeyeon? So she responses to whatever Sooyoung is saying.

 

“What?”

 

“What if you just convince Taeyeon to breakup with Baekhyun to be with me? You can manipulate people right??” Yuri can see the crazy in Sooyoung’s eyes. Did she honestly think that that was a good idea?

 

“Do you seriously want me to do that? Because I can. But the real question is…” Yuri stops for dramatic purposes, “Can you really live with yourself with the thought that you and Taeyeon got together because I controlled her?” Sooyoung seems to process what Yuri stated and the frown and desperation on her face becomes clearer. She huffed with a loud, defeated sigh then plops on the bed beside her friend.

 

“You’re right. I’m going crazy. I don’t want that. I want her to decide to be with me on her own. How can I tell if she really wants me?”

 

“Why don’t you just ask her and stop moping around like a baby.” Yuri deadpans and Sooyoung does not fail to catch her tone.

 

“Are you okay?” Sooyoung asks. Yuri stares at her trying to figure out what to say. She’s frustrated that goddesses can’t lie so she will not be able to avoid the question. She’s not okay and she knows it. A lot is in her mind and most of that is Sooyoung. Specifically, how to tell her she loves the girl but wants the girl to be with Taeyeon.

 

“I’m… not.” Yuri whispers, giving in to her virtue.

 

Sooyoung takes her hand and studies her. “What’s wrong?” At that point, Yuri’s heart is uncontrollably thumping inside her chest. She couldn’t hear herself think and she’s sure that Sooyoung is saying something but she can’t decipher the words coming out of .

 

“Hey, Yuri-ah?” Sooyoung calls out her name and Yuri is about to answer when the door opens, revealing a sweaty Taeyeon. The three of them exchange glances; all of their eyes are wide in surprise.

 

Taeyeon clears and mumbles, “I’m sorry to disturb you, guys.” And gestures to close the door to leave Yuri and Sooyoung alone. But the youngest girl jumps out of bed so suddenly that Yuri bounces from the action.

 

“Taeyeon! Wait!” Sooyoung exclaims, which surprised all the people in the room once again, including herself. The older girl stops in her tracks at that command, obviously waiting for something to happen. But when nothing does, and the three of them has been doing nothing in the room for almost a minute, she knew she’s done.

 

“You know what, I’ll just go.” She disappointedly says.

 

“No! I’ll go!” Yuri exclaims. “You two stay there and talk.” She dashes out of the room without giving Sooyoung a chance to chase after her.

 

Taeyeon folds her arms expectantly eyeing Sooyoung carefully. “Is there anything you’d like to say to me?” She asks challengingly.

 

Sooyoung stares at her clearly nervous but Taeyeon sees determination in the younger girl’s eyes which made her stay.

 

“I…” Sooyoung begins. “I just w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter