Chapter 5

Oh My Goddess!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The days pass by which turned into weeks, which turned into months. But Sooyoung and Taeyeon’s relationship wasn’t healed by time.

 

After their last encounter at the taller girl’s house, it was nothing but awkward moments between the two of them.

 

At first, Taeyeon really tried hard to get to Sooyoung’s good side. She ignored the annoying things that the taller girl usually did and she tried to be more lenient but to no avail. On the other hand, Sooyoung attempted to be passive and nonchalant about the things that went down between her and her best friend and also Taeyeon’s attempts of restoring their friendship. Eventually, Taeyeon gave and Sooyoung didn’t even bat an eye. Let’s say they have to blame in their stupid pride.

 

“Sooyoung, why haven’t I seen Taeyeon around here?” Mrs. Choi asks, one morning to the shikshin who is currently devouring her breakfast. She and her mother are sitting at the table, the older woman preparing her daughter’s lunch.

 

“Mmm.,” Sooyoung grunts, not bothering to answer her mother’s question. And even if she wants to speak, she can’t because is currently stuffed with cereal.

 

“Did you guys have a fight?” Her mother asks once again, obviously not giving up on the subject. Taeyeon is like her second kid and she believes she has the right to know what’s going on between the two girls. When Sooyoung stayed quiet, Mrs. Choi assumed the worse. Yeah, she’s probably right. They fought. Because usually, Taeyeon would be in front of her doorstep already, picking Sooyoung up or her daughter would leave early to pick Taeyeon up. That’s just how the two used to do it. “What happened?”

 

“Mom just let it go.” Sooyoung sighs as she picks up her bowl and puts it in the sink.

 

“What did you do?” Her mother asks pointedly. Is her mother assuming it’s her fault that they aren’t on speaking terms?

 

“Are you accusing me eomma? I didn’t do anything! Taeyeon and I just grew apart. It happens.” She settles to say.

 

“But you have such wonderful friendship!” The disappointment and sorrow is evident on her mom’s voice.

 

“Yeah, well. That’s how it is” Sooyoung picks up her lunch box and kisses her mom on the cheek. “Bye mom, see you later.” Then she is out the door.

While walking towards the school, Sooyoung looks back at the conversation she had with Taeyeon a few months back. She said she just needed space and time, which Taeyeon reluctantly gave her. She never meant to end their friendship.

 

Truth be told, it never pained her more than to lose Taeyeon. Friendship was the only consolation price she had after Taeyeon got Baekhyun. If she can’t have Taeyeon the way she wants then being friends would be the best solution right? At least in that way, she would still have Taeyeon. She would still be a part of her life. She would still have her best friend.

 

But her pride got in the way. Pride and the hurt she felt in her heart. She couldn’t do it. She can’t bear to see Taeyeon with Baekhyun doing sweet gestures, touching, hugging, and sometimes kissing in front of her. She felt she was unneeded even though Taeyeon attempted to patch things up with her. It seemed like she was only doing it because she doesn’t want to lose her and not because she needed her.

 

And that’s why she chose to not be friends anymore with Taeyeon.

 

Sigh. Why am I thinking about all these things? What’s done is done. Taeyeon is happy with Baekhyun now. And as for me… I need to live up with this decision. She thinks. She’s playing with a rock she found on the ground. She challenges herself to keep kicking it until she reaches the school. She feels silly walking alone and kicking a rock but with Taeyeon gone, she does everything by herself. Which she thought is a good thing. At least she would learn to be more independent.

 

A crunching noise behind her indicates that someone else is walking behind her, probably another student from her school. It’s not worth her attention since it’s a normal thing. However, she knows that she’s walking slowly because of the rock she’s kicking and the person behind her should’ve passed by her by now but they haven’t yet. She decides to stop and turn around.

 

She didn’t find anyone, which is creepy because she could’ve sworn someone was behind her earlier. Sooyoung shrugs it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter