Chapter 1

Oh My Goddess!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The last of the autumn leaves has fallen, leaving the trees barren. It looks lonely for some reason. Like they died of cancer. Or almost dying anyway. It doesn't feel right for the trees to be without their leaves. It's like their hair or something. You know, like a person with cancer, they would lose their hair because of therapy...

 

The same cannot be said though for the tree that she has been sitting under for 10 minutes now.

 

She sighed at her thoughts. What the hell was she thinking about. Leaves? Trees? Cancer? She's going crazy. She ruffles her hair in annoyance. She could be thinking of tons of relatively sane thoughts right now. The only thing she doesn't find unusual is the thought of her dying. She feels that everyday of her life. She wonders why she's still in this earth because there is no reason left for her to do so.

 

Dying every day doesn't really mean she's dying of some disease. It's an emotional kind of dying. She just hopes somebody would notice.

 

Well actually, she was hoping for someone specific to notice.

 

She will keep on living just for her. She will continue to breathe and dedicate all her time for her. She would do anything just to make her happy. She would do anything to let her know how she truly loves her.

 

Sadly, it doesn't always work that way. It might never work that way.

 

It .


She knows it's hopeless.

 

She leans her head on the trunk of the tree that she's been sitting under for the past 30 minutes. Her gaze towards the horizon. She sighs deeply and inhales the fresh air mixed with the smell of water from the small lake in front of her.

 

This is her favorite place. The tree beside the lake. No one ever bothers her here. She claims it as her own sanctuary.

 

It's far away from her school and she goes out of her way just to get here. And it is always worth it.

 

It's not really visible to any passerby unless they would go down a scary cliff that leads to this little clearing. The cliff isn't so scary for her anymore because she's already mastered the tricks to avoid being injured for hundreds of times. Huge rocks and thick branches are nothing to her. She doesn't even mind getting hurt just so she can return to this place.

 

It's really chilly today. Since autumn is over, the season is changing to winter. The saddest season of all.

 

Why?

 

Well first, the cold is given. It would be awesome if she was to have someone to cuddle with. Or just to hold hands with. Her hands get cold easily so she wants someone to hold her hands so bad. But best of all, she likes hugs. Nothing can compare to the warmth a hug brings. Not just physically but there is some strange effect that a hug brings to her insides. It's the feeling of security and the promise of protection.

 

She couldn't help but to hold on to the tree that she has been sitting under for an hour now when she thought about hugs. She loves this tree so much. She likes to give it hugs every time she comes here. Even though it has a rough and hard surface, she knows that inside, it has a smooth trunk. Just like her personality.

 

For some people, it won't mean a thing but for her this tree is special. Why? Well for starters, it's already winter but this tree is still blooming. She hasn't seen this tree without flowers although she goes here almost every day for the past year. It's weird but she doesn't have enough knowledge about trees to provide an explanation. No one ever takes notice as well so she decides to ignore it and appreciate this tree instead.

 

Second, she hates the snow because of it's white color.

 

Her tree bears pink flowers. She first though that this tree is a Cherry Blossom tree. But she's not that stupid to know that Cherry Blossoms only bloom in spring up to summer and come autumn, it will also lose its leaves and flowers. But her tree didn't. Her curiosity is killing her but she doesn't dare ask the people around because they might take her tree down for being weird and not shedding its leaves like other trees. And she fears that the most.

 

“I know I have been here for an hour now but I haven't said anything yet.” She begins. She the trees trunk while speaking, facing it as if she's talking to a person. “I don't want to bore you again. It's the same thing every day anyway. But you know what? Even though I'm not speaking, I felt that you are trying to make me feel better.” She then rests her head on the tree's trunk once again, still it.

 

“It's winter already and I know you'd be sad but I won't be able to come here all the time.” She pauses. She takes a deep breath and she says, “As you've noticed, the air is getting colder and colder. I'd probably die of hypothermia or something and as much as that would be fun for me, I don't think it would be okay for you.” She stands up but still holds on to the tree. “But I promise I'll do my best to come here even just for a short time. Don't miss me too much okay?”

 

Before she can step out of the tree's shade, she felt something light fall on top of her head.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter