Chapter 6

Oh My Goddess!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Why do you keep following me?!” Sooyoung exclaims to her new classmate who just keeps smiling at her, which makes her tick more. “Seriously, what is the matter with you? Are you a stalker or something?”

 

Yuri continues to smile and says, “I just like watching you. You're really interesting.” Sooyoung's eyes furrow in confusion and annoyance. This girl has a huge problem. Maybe, even brain damaged.

 

“Whatever. Just try to watch from..uh.. far away okay?!” Yuri continues to smile at her while she walks away.

 

Ever since that girl started going to school here, she never left her side. Not only in school premises but outside as well. She was shocked to see the girl follow her everywhere including her own house. Her own freaking house! This girl literally doesn't know the meaning of boundaries.

 

She remembers that day clearly when Yuri decided to show up suddenly in her house. She had that smile on her face again like what she's doing wasn't weird at all. Fortunately, her mom wasn't around that time so she avoided answering stupid questions.

 

"What the hell are you doing here?" Yuri stood outside her house, smiling, as always. "How did you even know where I lived?"

 

"I followed you." She replied simply.

 

"You what?" Sooyoung asked, bothered and a little bit scared. She just met the girl when she transferred and they didn't exchange words except when she greeted her on her first day and vice versa. After that, she knew Yuri was constantly staring at her but she did her best not to say anything about it.

 

"Are you not letting me in?" Yuri asked, her tone happily light and somewhat innocent. Sooyoung rolled her eyes but she still let her in. When Yuri appears to be like that, she seemed to be a nice girl. A nice creepy stalking girl that is.

 

"What are you even doing here? Don't you have anything better to do? It's the weekend." Sooyoung irritatedly asked while the two of them entered their house.

 

"This is what I want to do today." Yuri responded simply while looking around Sooyoung's living room. The taller girl just stood there and watched her guest walk about her house, the smaller girl's back turned at her, she seemed to be taking in the contents of the room.

 

"What? Stalk me?" She asked, observing Yuri pick up Sooyoung's family picture. She stared at it for a few seconds and she put it down like it wasn't even touched. "Why do you keep using that word? It sounds so negative."


Sooyoung raised her eyebrows. She didn't expect that answer at all. She expected that Yuri would be mad or retaliate, or even defend herself. Instead, the girl just continued looking through the pictures displayed in the Choi's living room. "If you don't mind, I prefer to call it, getting to know."

 

"Getting to know huh? Well, that sounds..." Yuri faced her this time, waiting for her to continue her sentence. Even though she wasn't convinced, and she thinks the girl is still creepy for following her, the only one thing came into her mind is the word, "...friendly." Sooyoung finished, earning a huge smile from the other girl. Seriously, doesn't she get tired of always smiling?

 

She noticed that the girl was still staring at her, like she was expecting her to do something. Oh right. "Uh, would you like anything to drink or eat?"

 

"It's okay, I'm good!" She said cheerfully. Happier than she was earlier weirdly. "Well, I think I bothered you enough. I'm going." Yuri suddenly headed towards the door. Sooyoung widened her eyes at the swift movement. The movement was really fast and she didn't even realize the girl was nowhere to be seen. "Where are you going?"

 

"Your mom's almost here and you need to help her! Bye Soo!!" She heard Yuri shout.

 

"Yah!" Sooyoung shouted, try to catch up with the girl. She ran outside to stop Yuri (for some reason), but she didn't find her. There was no trace that she was outside at all, which was weird because her house was surrounded by several houses and there were literally 5 to 6 houses on either side of their street and she would have to get pass them before she could reach the intersection. Yuri couldn't have run that fast. She was sure she would see her retreating figure from far away. But Sooyoung didn't.

 

The tall girl continued gazing from the left or right side of her street, still looking for Yuri, she was surprised to find another familiar figure. It was her mother. The woman was carrying some bags which looked too heavy for her so Sooyoung dashed towards her mom to help. Clearly, the older woman was out for groceries.

 

"Why didn't you take a cab?" Sooyoung asked, concentrating her strength in carrying the bags. They were heavy and she wondered how her mother managed to carry those on her own.

 

"I did!" He mom huffed from tiredness. "But it broke down before it even reached our street. I couldn't find any more cabs and the ice cream you asked for was already melting, so I decided to just walk home. It wasn't that far anyway."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter