Chapter 3

Oh My Goddess!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Without thinking, she surprises the couple standing in front of her and also herself, as she holds out her hand and says, “Nice to meet you Baekhyun. I'm Sooyoung, Taeyeon's best friend.” She feels Taeyeon's eyes on her, studying her closely. Maybe her best friend is expecting for some reaction from her but she's not going to breakdown in front of these two even though she's already close to exploding in tears. And she knows that is not the kind of reaction Taeyeon is expecting so she doesn't make eye contact with her best friend because her strong front would crumble with one look from those eyes.

 

As expected the guy coldly nods without even talking. He takes her hand and shook it lightly as if he isn't interested. Sooyoung tries hard to not roll her eyes. She successfully does because surprisingly, Baekhyun is keeping eye contact with her. Still not looking at Taeyeon, she says, “Let's go inside or else we'll all be late.” She doesn't want things to get awkward any longer so she doesn't walk beside the couple, instead, she walks briskly ahead of them.

 

“I'll walk you to class baby.” She hears Baekhyun say. Sooyoung stops abruptly, making Taeyeon stop as well. He just called Taeng baby. She couldn't explain the strong pang in her chest after hearing the term for endearment. All she knows is that she wants to disappear. To never hear those words again.

 

Even without facing her best friend, Taeyeon senses that there is something wrong. “Are you okay Soo?”, the smaller girl asks carefully.

 

Sooyoung slowly turns around to face the other girl. “Uhh... I just remembered I forgot my homework at home. I'm gonna go and get it.” she hurriedly say. Sooyoung starts to walk towards the school gates when a hand in her arm stops her from going further. She already knows who it was but she retains her position.

 

“Choi Sooyoung.” Taeyeon says quietly. The girl doesn't continue but they both know what the other means. Sooyoung sighs which the other girl hears. “I have to go.” The taller girl says firmly. She yanks her arm from the shorter girl's grasp and struts towards the gates without looking back.

 

Taeyeon is left standing there, staring at Sooyoung's retreating figure. She can't figure out what just happened. She swears she saw hurt in her best friend's eyes. She knows because she has seen that look a couple of times before. The first time was when Sooyoung's first boyfriend broke up with her and the other times was whenever her best friend wasn't able to get what she wants.

 

She's trying to put two and two together, but before she does, she feels a hand in her shoulders and upon seeing her boyfriend's concerned look, she lets go of what she's thinking and decides not to dwell on it further.

 

Sooyoung will be okay right?

 

 

She was brisk walking earlier but now she is running like a mad person. Yeah, she said she will go home but she ran towards the opposite direction. Tears starts falling from her eyes the moment she turned away from her best friend and boyfriend. How can this happen? Why now?

 

She keeps running towards nowhere. She isn't sure where her feet are taking her plus her legs are burning from fatigue but she doesn't care. She looks pathetic and if anybody sees her, they'll think she's crazy. All that's missing is a heavy rainfall which happens a lot in movies when somebody is in despair like she is right now.

 

A car beeping noisily catches her attention and while she is running, she turns her head towards the car. Her eyes, blurry from tears, follow it until it disappears. She wipes her tears using the back of her hand and as she does so, she doesn't notice a small log on the side of the road. She trips on it, a small squeal escapes her lips. She falls forward and an instant pain shoots through her body. But it is not as painful as what she feels currently.

 

She doesn't get up immediately. She just lays there sprawled on the side of the road like an idiot. Well, mainly because she is so tired that she couldn't stand. So she waits until her heart calms down from all the running she just did. Good thing no one is passing by for they might mistaken her for a dead person. She really didn't count on it coz she's in the isolated part of town near the forest.

 

While lying on her stomach, she lifts her head and she turns it to her right side. She sees a bunch of untrimmed shrubs and some dangerous looking plants with thorns. But in the small spaces between the plants, she notices something shiny. She scrunches her eyebrows in curiosity. She lifts her body up, trying to sit slowly, the pain again, coursing through her. She studies her current state and she sees that her school uniform is dirty and her knees has some scratches, blood seeping through them. She tries to touch it but she also feels a sharp pain near her elbows where she also has some wounds.

 

“Damn it.” She says under her breath. She stands up shakily and heads towards the bushes. She needs to find out what's behind these crap of pointy plants. Momentarily forgetting about Taeyeon and Baekhyun, Sooyoung concentrates on getting through the bushes. She drops her small back pack before she heads to the plants.

 

She can't find an opening but she continues battling her way towards the shiny thing. She pushes her way through the shrubs, getting more scratches and stings along the way. She doesn't notice that the path she's on is descending so she skids through the slope landing on her back as she goes down.

 

 

“Ugh, what a luck.” She says tiredly, not bothering to get up. She squints for the sun is shining so brightly in the sky. She lies there on her back on the grassy earth. Then she smells something unusual. She propped her elbows up and leans on them. Her eyes widens at what she sees.

 

A small lake covers most of the clearing, its water gleaming in the sunlight. It's blue like the sky. It's so clear that you can almost see through the bottom and all the fishes swimming in it. “Wow.” Sooyoung slowly stands up. She realizes that the lake is the shining thing she saw earlier. The sun reflecting on the water.

 

She suddenly notices the tree which she is holding on for support. She glances up and she sees pink flowers and the greenest leaves she has ever

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter