Chapter 13

Oh My Goddess!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

mistakes are mine.. 

Yuri glances on the left side of her bed. She finds the girl she has been in love with since day one, sleeping peacefully and unaware about how she values her. Next to her is the person the love of her life, well, loves. And she sighs quietly in frustration thinking what she’ll do next. Maybe a walk on the beach will clear her thoughts. It’s nice to be in one with nature after all.

 

But before she can get up, she senses some movements behind Sooyoung. And thanks to the dim moonlight, she can make out a silhouette of Taeyeon sneaking out of their room. They probably had the same idea of taking a midnight walk so she follows the girl outside.

 

Yuri looks on as Taeyeon slips out of the cabin’s front door. She doesn’t call the girl out yet so she followed her. Upon stepping outside, the cold night breeze greets her and she shivers involuntarily.

 

“You need this.” Yuri jumps at the sudden sound and turns around to see Sooyoung standing next to her, handing over a jacket. “Give this to Taeyeon as well. She gets cold easily.” Sooyoung says lamely as she hands over another jacket and quietly retreats to their room. Yuri finds that Sooyoung is still saddened by the events that happened earlier. She can’t blame her friend. Taeyeon is mad at her after all. They haven’t spoken a word since Sooyoung relayed that Taeyeon got fed up and doesn’t want to talk to her anymore. She can’t bear to see Sooyoung so dull and lifeless. She needs her to be happy.

 

And with that, she knows just what to do.

 

 

“You’ve been acting weird all day. I just had to see you to check on how you are.” Yuri stops walking towards the beach when she hears someone whisper behind the cabin. She recognizes the voice as Baekhyun’s. She doesn’t want to eavesdrop but her curiosity got the best of her, and so she sneaks towards the talking couple. She hides in the corner of the house to avoid being seen.

 

“Yeah sorry, maybe it was just the heat.” Yuri then hears Taeyeon whisper. Even if she can’t see her face, she could tell that the girl is lying.

 

“Are you sure? You don’t seem yourself lately.”  Baekhyun’s voice is unconvinced and he’ll be pretty stupid if he believes this obvious lie that his girlfriend is feeding him.

 

“Don’t worry about me. I’m fine.” Taeyeon robotically responds. Yuri suddenly feels sorry for Baekhyun. Taeyeon blatantly shows coldness towards him but he still can’t take a hint. Or can’t he?

 

“Is this because of Sooyoung?” Baekhyun dares to ask. Yuri could feel the sudden heaviness of the atmosphere and she wonders what Taeyeon will respond to this question.

 

“What about Sooyoung?” Taeyeon desperately tries to hide the nervousness in her voice.

 

“I don’t know. It’s always about her isn’t it?” Yuri can hear some hostility or it’s probably jealousy coming from the guy. She can’t blame him though. Taeyeon is kind of bad at hiding her feelings. But she didn’t think that it’s this bad. And if it is, Sooyoung is so stupid for not noticing.

 

“What are you talking about? Why do you have to bring her up? She has nothing to do with this.” Yuri hears some shuffling and she starts to move from her spot slowly so she can peek at what was happening. The couple’s backs are turned away from her, Baekhyun is behind Taeyeon and the short girl is facing the other way, her hands folded in front of her. A defensive move.

 

“Really? I don’t think so. Why don’t you just be honest with me? Why don’t you tell me things?” Baekhyun tries to make Taeyeon face her but the shorter girl stands her ground.

 

“I don’t have anything to tell you about Sooyoung so please just drop it? She’s not important so let’s not talk about this again.” A few seconds of silence passes and neither of the two speaks.

 

“If you say so.” Baekhyun says defeated. Clearly he won’t get any decent answer from his girlfriend so instead of having a fight, he chooses to let the topic go. “I’m going to bed then. Goodnight Taeng.” The guy moves in to kiss Taeyeon on the lips but the girl turns just in time for the kiss to land on her cheek.

 

Baekhyun loudly sighs while Taeyeon once again turns away to say, “Night.” And with that he disappears in the darkness.

 

“Why didn’t you just tell him the truth? He looks desperate to make you happy.” Taeyeon doesn’t need to turn around to know who is talking to her. So instead she coldly answers, “What are you doing here? Have you been listening to our conversation earlier? That’s disrespectful.”

 

“Sorry I didn’t mean to. I was supposed to give you this that’s why I followed you.”  Yuri hands over the jacket Sooyoung gave her earlier. Taeyeon takes it and examines it in the dim light. She recognizes it immediately.

 

“This is Sooyoung’s.” She states, rather than questions.

 

Yuri nods and watches Taeyeon’s expression. She can see that the girl is fighting a small smile to break in her stoic face but she fails.

 

“I don’t understand you.” Yuri blurts and Taeyeon curiously stares at the girl. “I mean, it’s so obvious that you like Sooyoung more than you think you do. Why are you with that guy?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter