Chapter 11

Oh My Goddess!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sooyoung’s POV

 

“Sooyoung wake up, we’re here.” I hear a voice beside me while I try to get away from dream land. I didn’t realize I fell asleep. All I remember is I’m in a foul mood because Taeyeon brought Baekhyun with her to our class trip.

 

Speaking of Taeyeon… “What?” I jolt up from my seat when I see Taeyeon hovering above me waiting for me to wake up. I glance around and I notice the bus is almost empty aside from the two of us. “Where’s Yuri?” I say without thinking. The hurt is obvious in Taeyeon’s face but it disappears quickly, it’s almost like it wasn’t there. “She’s already outside.”

 

“Oh, okay.” I say awkwardly while I arrange my things to prepare to go out as well. Taeyeon just stands there watching me. “What are you still doing here? I can take care of myself. You can go now.” There is the hurt again but this time it didn’t go away.

 

“Right, I forgot that you don’t need me.” She whispers and I felt so guilty, my breath got caught up in my throat. “I didn’t meant it to—”

 

“No that’s okay. Sorry. I’m gonna go now.” Sadness fills her voice and my guilt grows even more. It’s painful to hear her sad voice, I’d do anything to not hear that again but it isn’t my place.

 

She turns away from me but I don’t call her out. I let her walk away from me yet again.

 

I slam my head on the bus’ chair in frustration. These 3 days will be long.

 

 

I finally caught up with Yuri. I see her hanging out with our other classmates near the beach. She looks like she’s having fun and my sulking mood is only going to bring her down. I notice she changed her clothes to some sort of beach dress. She spots me and waves intending to call my attention.

 

I survey my surroundings first, trying hard not to look like I’m actually searching for someone; however, I doubt anyone would notice since I’m wearing sunglasses. Taeyeon is nowhere to be found as well as Baekhyun. I decide to ignore the pain in my chest and walk towards Yuri and my classmates.

 

“C’mon let’s bring our bags inside so I can swim!” Yuri jumps and drags me towards the place where we’re going to stay for the next few days.

 

There are 4 cottages fit for about 9 people. Each cottage has 3 rooms which can contain 3 persons per room. Yuri and I decide to shack up since we’re close and I bet none of those people would like to sleep with us. (Oh when I say shack up, I didn’t really mean shack up but I meant stay together.)

 

I check the other rooms already occupied by our classmates. Taeyeon and Baekhyun are nowhere to be found in our cottage. I am sort of relieved and disappointed at the same time. I found Yuri in our room and I decided to arrange my stuff.

 

“Still not up to it?” Yuri greets me and I stare at her through my tinted sunglasses. ‘Wow, Yuri is hot.’ My eyes widens as the thought pops in my head. Good thing Yuri can’t see through my glasses. I composed myself to answer her question. “Don’t mind me. Although you seem very up to it.” She smiles giddily. “Of course! You know how I love nature.”

 

“Yeah I do.” I smile back at her. Even though it annoyed me before, Yuri’s joyfulness is somewhat contagious. It’s so hard to feel depressed when I’m around her. Maybe it’s one of her powers that she isn’t telling me. “Why don’t you go out and take a swim? You don’t want to miss all these sunlight.” I tell her. She excitedly heads toward the door but suddenly stops. “Are you not coming?” She asks, she’s almost out and can barely contain her excitement. My smile doesn’t disappear and I say, “I’ll be out in a second. I’m just gonna change.” I reassure her.

 

“Okay, hurry up!” A door slams and she’s gone. Thinking that I’m alone, I start to gather my stuff so I can change and join Yuri so I wouldn’t be pegged as a bad friend. After all, she’s the one who set this trip up. But come to think of it, she’s the one who’s being a bad friend coz she said she’s gonna help me with Taeyeon but she’s too busy enjoying herself than to do something about it.

 

Oh well, she deserves it. Maybe goddesses don’t have vacations.

 

I shrug to myself. I am about to lift my top off but I hear some scrambling noises outside the door. I stop what I’m doing, putting up my guard, getting ready to pounce whoever’s trying to peep on me or something. I walk towards it before I could stop myself, anticipating the moment. The door opens slowly revealing the person I was looking for earlier.

 

“Taeng?” I gasp in relief and shock.

 

“Hi.” She softly says and my freaking heart melts! Damn it.

 

“What are you doing here?” The tone of my voice is too high because of nervousness. But it came off as if I was offended that she’s here. And that’s what she thought as well. She lowers her head and I could tell she’s upset. I notice she’s carrying a bag with her.

 

“Are you…?” I start but she cuts me off. I am slightly taken aback at her answer.

 

“Yes, and I’m sorry to disturb you and Yuri but sadly the teacher doesn’t want me to be in the same room as my boyfriend so she assigned me here.” She rapidly says entering the room and slightly pushing me aside. My eyes stay glued to her watching her every move. She unpacks her things on her claimed bed on the left side of the room. (I stay in the middle and Yuri’s on the right). She doesn’t utter a word but she has these sharp movements that accentuate how displeased she is.

 

“Sorry you had

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter