He knows

Careless Whisper

      “You wanted to ask me something?” Siwon questioned, fumbling his way through the annoying crimson curtains that hung over the doorway. Hankyung didn’t respond. He just kept staring at his feet.   

 

     “Oh, I get it.” Siwon continued, kneeling down in front of the smaller man upon the puffy red sofa. “You missed me.” He laughed, tenderly lifting Hankyung’s chin so that he could stare into his soft brown eyes.
 

    “Yes…,” Hankyung answered nervously. “You’ve been ignoring me lately.”
 

    “Well, ever since you got all moody on me the other night, I thought it might be best to give you some breathing room.” Siwon smiled innocently. “Plus, it was fun watching you squirm.”
 

    “Look…,” Hankyung began slowly. “I need to tell you something important.” This was harder than he’d anticipated. How did you tell someone you were sleeping with that you were sleeping with someone else? Maybe it was better to leave Heechul out of it? Hankyung wanted to be completely honest with Siwon. He deserved it if their relationship was to change in this way, didn’t he?
 

    “You have your serious face on.” Siwon chuckled. “This must be important, but not too important I hope.” Siwon finished, leisurely leaning closer to Hankyung’s somber face. Ever so gently Siwon seized Hankyung’s lips with a seemingly chaste kiss.
 

    It was no use trying to speak anymore Hankyung was lost to Siwon’s mesmerizing touch.  He could never seem to think quite straight when Siwon’s hands were upon him. That was the trouble with this whole crazy situation. Slowly Siwon’s kisses grew deeper, melting Hankyung deeper into the cherry colored couch cushions.
 

     Siwon’s hands began to roam absentmindedly over Hankyung’s body, making it hard for him to remember how exactly he had intended this encounter to go. There was something important Hankyung needed to discuss with Siwon, but it didn’t seem very important at the present. The muffled music from the club seemed to grow louder for a brief moment then fade back into the background as Hankyung began inching his tiny fingers into Siwon’s waistband.
 

     Before things could progress any farther, his concentration was fractured by the unpleasant sound of glass shattering. Hankyung tore his eyes from Siwon’s chest to stare shockingly at the scene framed in front of the thick scarlet curtained doorway.
 

     Gruesome shards of broken glass stuck jaggedly out of a pool of thick pink liquid on the floor.  The little purple metallic umbrella was still spinning idly in circles from the drink’s brutal impact with the black tiles. Standing dreadfully silent above the sticky massacre, was Heechul.
 

     The look upon Heechul’s face was heartbreaking. It was as if his spirit had been suddenly torn out of him and flung across the room.  The silence was deafening. Heechul slowly turned his back on them and disappeared through the curtained doorway.
 

      “I’m never going to dance again the way I danced with you,” Hankyung whispered, burying his face in his hands.
 

     “What?” Siwon questioned, climbing to his feet.
 

     “Nothing,”
 

    “Well, that was awkward. I think our secrets out. Now what?” Siwon smiled uncomfortably.
 

     “He won’t tell anyone.” Hankyung sighed, righting himself on the sofa.
 

    “How do you know?”
 

   “Trust me he won’t. Look Siwon, I really asked you in here so we could talk about something important and in light of what just happened, I think we really need to address this.”
 

   “Ok,“ Siwon answered, taking a seat next to Hankyung.
 

   “I think we need to stop this.”
 

   “But, we’re having so much fun” Siwon smiled, but his eyes reflected the seriousness of the conversation. “Is this because of Heechul? You said it yourself he wasn’t going to tell. What if he does? Wouldn’t that be better than all this secrecy?”
 

    “Yes, we’re having fun, but it’s not worth all this drama. Unless, you can look me straight in the eye and tell me you care about me….?”
 

     “I do care about you Hankyung,” Siwon answered suddenly “But, it’s not the way you deserve. You’re one of my best friends. Unfortunately, that’s all I have to give to you.”
 

    “I know, me too.” Hankyung agreed. “So, are we friends again?”
 

    “I never knew we stopped being friends.”
 

   “Meaning, friends minus the benefits,” Hankyung laughed, resting his forehead on Siwon’s shoulder. “I have to admit it was fun.”
 

     “Yeah it was.” Siwon chuckled. “Are you sure this has nothing to do with Heechul?”
 

    “What?” Hankyung squeaked, his heart practically dropping to his knees.
 

   “You know, what just happened?”
 

   “No…,” Hankyung exhaled “I’ve been meaning to talk to you for a while now. It’s just, you can be so distracting.”
 

   “Thank-you,” Siwon answered cheerily. “That’s the nicest thing anyone’s ever said to me while simultaneously breaking up with me.”
 

   “We weren’t really together in the first place.”
 

   “True.”

 

   I should of known better than to cheat a friend and waste this chance that I’ve been given. So, I’m never going to dance again the way I danced with you….,