party

Careless Whisper


      The band’s touring schedule has been a nonstop hectic whirlwind for the last 3 months.  Add to that, a complicated love triangle and you get one stressed out Chinaman. Hankyung was glad that tonight was reserved for brainless, nonstop, dancing.  It was their first fan party in the of the year and a guaranteed fun time. So, why didn’t he feel very excited then?
 
   Hankyung stood behind the DJ stand bobbing back and forth to the Wonder Girls as Eunhyuk fumbled with a pile of CDs and smiled at the crowd. He was glad Siwon and Heechul were off getting drinks. Standing next to Leeteuk was so much more relaxing.

 

    “So,” Leeteuk began. turning his attention towards Hankyung. “Have you thought anymore about what we talked about the other day?”
 

    “Actually,” Hankyung sighed, trying to talk over the pulsing music and at the same time whisper. “I’ve weighed my options and come up with an answer, but I need your opinion before I do anything too rash.”
 

   “I don’t think it’s my place to make this type of decision for you,” Leeteuk answered, placing his pile of CDs on the table for Eunhyuk to go through.
 

    “No, I know who I’m choosing. I just need advice on the best way to tell…,”
 

    “The other person it’s over without totally destroying everything.” Leeteul finished for him.
 

    “Yeah,” Hankyung laughed gently.  “I did what you said. I let my heart tell me what to do instead of other more impulsive parts of me and the choice was just so obvious. I don’t know why I didn’t see it before?”
 

     “Your got in the way.” Leeteuk smiled, then started to laugh uncontrollably. Hankyung shortly followed, leaning over the DJ equipment in a fit of hysterics.
 

    “What’s so funny?” Heechul’s voice cut into their private joke, instantly silencing their laughter.
 

   “Nothing,” Hankyung choked. “You’d had to of been here.”
 

  “Here,” Heechul smiled, squeezing in-between Hankyung and Leeteuk. “I brought you another drink and it has a little pink umbrella. It looked really adorable in the picture.”
 

     “And it’s really girly” Siwon’s voice laughed over Hankyung’s shoulder. “So, of course Heechul would pick it.”
 

    Heechul Stuck his tongue out in response and turned his attention to the DJ equipment.
 

     Hankyung sighed once again and took his pink tented drink in his hands. He had to admit, it was kind of adorable. Heechul was just too thoughtful for his own good sometimes. Suddenly the thunderous music was becoming a bit much for him. Slowly Hankyung edged his way away from his band mates and headed towards the private VIP lounge that had be set up for them.
 

     Upon passing through the thick red curtains that hung over its doorway, the music was immediately muffled into a dull roar. Inside he found Sungmin leaning close to the mirrored wall trying to apply a fresh coat of mascara. He didn’t even look up as Hankyung flopped down into one of the fat red sofas.
 

     “Stressful isn’t it?” Sungmin questioned, still staring into the mirror.
 

    “What?”
 

    “The party,” He answered turning around. “I know it’s supposed to be fun, but to be perfectly honest, I’m exhausted.”
 

    “Yeah me too,” Hankyung agreed, taking a cautious sip of his drink. Just because it looked good, didn’t always mean it tasted that way. “Hey, Could you go get Siwon?  I need to ask him something.”
 

    “Sure, I need to be getting back out there anyway. Just a couple more hours, then we can all relax for real.” Sungmin laughed, disappearing through the thick red curtains.