Now we're only farther away

Love Game

 

Eun-Mi POV

Eun-Mi fighting you can do this! I repeated that to myself all the way to school.

I was getting closer and closer to the school gate and I just felt like skipping school.

- I promise I was there! Ha-Ni was totally insulting her and then out of nowhere Top from Big Bang comes and kisses her on the forehead and tells her how much he loves her.

- Really?! I totally heard he did a deep kiss!

I walked into the schoolyard and everyone started to whisper.

- She is a total natural beauty, no wonder he fell for her.

What. On. Earth. Natural beauty my .

I  had my gaze glued to the ground and just went directly to class. When I was close to salvation(aka the classroom) someone tapped me on the shoulder I turned around and to my surprise it was Ha-Ni. I sighted.

- No matter what anyone thinks of you or who you’re dating I’m gonna continue to see you as what you are. That is a piece of ugly trash loser.

- Well, you continue on and do that. Because you know what, tonight I’m gonna be laying in his bed in his embrace and cry about how mean people are to me, and he’ll kiss away every.single.tear.

I smiled and walked into the classroom leaving her chocked.

- She’s totally cool!

I heard how some of the dongsaengs who seemed to be Pro-Eun Mi.

- Eun-Mi unnie, you’re the best!

I guess having a handsome best friend made some things a bit easier. I quickly texted him and told him what I said.

“WHY DIDN’T YOU TAPE IT SO I COULD SEE?!”

“I didn’t really plan it.”

“So are you still planning on crying in my bed so I can kiss every single tear away? ;)”

“Ha! You erted man!”

“What? It was your idea!”

------

- And that was all for today!

I took my time to pack all my things, all of the sudden I heard how people were screaming in the hallway. I made my way outside and there he was.

- Wow, you really know how to make a scene.

- Babe!

He hugged me tightly and was about to lean in for a kiss when I put my hand in between.

- Honey, save if for later.

He smiled and entwined his fingers with mine. I admit it, I liked the looks people gave us when we were walking together, I liked holding his hand and the way he pulled me closer.

I quickly got into the car and so did he.

- We should break up.

- WHAT?!

- You know, fake couple break up.

- Why? It’s fun.

- It’s dumb.

The truth as I was afraid it would be too real and that I would fall even more for him. I really didn’t want to fall in love with my only friend.

Seung-Hyun POV

For a few weeks we meet like this every day for a few hours. I grew frustrated when I had to contain my emotions. It felt like I would scare her away. We walked down the street. I was wearing a mask and sunglasses so no one recognized me.

- Are you having fun with me today?

She nodded and smiled. My heart fluttered at how she seemed like a child excited by even the smallest things. Suddenly a car stopped next to us and she froze. The window rolled down.

- Dad?!

- Eun-Mi! What are you doing?! I strictly told you that you weren’t allowed to meet up with anyone whom I haven’t approved of!

. What were we supposed to do?

- I’m sorry Mr. Li, i quickly bowed.

Great first impression.

- Eun-Mi get into the car now and you young man, stay away from my daughter.

I helplessly watched how the car got farther away as I tried to grasp what just happened.