When holding hands isn't enough

Love Game

 

I stood leaned next to Min-Hee’s locker.

- He gave you a couple ring?!

I nodded and held up my hand.

- Ah it’s so pretty! You guys are so romantic, I'm totally jealous.

- I was so chocked, but I’m happy.

- Maybe one day he’ll give you an engagement ring, she said and winked.

- He actually talked about marriage yesterday…

- What did he say?!

Min-Hee was totally excited and people looked at us weird when we were walking through the hallways.

- He said he couldn’t marry anyone else but me, I said and smiled at the memory.

- Can you imagine yourself being married to him?

- Yes of course, I wouldn’t be dating him if I didn’t have serious feelings to him.

- So if he asked you to marry him today would you say yes?

- Yes, of course, I laughed. But I want to finish school first.

- How adorable! Well you only have 6month left unlike someone like me, she said and let out a sigh.

I laughed at her cute reaction.

- Have you told Seung-Hyun could imagine getting engaged right now?

- God no, never!

- Why? You should totally hint it.

- No way, I know him. He’ll get one of his moments and probably head straight to my dad to ask for permission.

She giggled.

- Just remember to invite me to your wedding!

I laughed and we walked our separate ways. I couldn’t focus in class since all I did was to spin my ring around my finger. I felt the need to touch it every time I saw it just to verify it was real. All this was happening. I had the most adorable friend and a boyfriend who loved me over anything else. The last lesson for the day was almost finished. Since I’m not grounded anymore I decided to go and shop some things I needed after school. I started to pack my bags when I once again heard that familiar scream. Is he serious? I walked out and as always there was a big smile on his face as soon as he saw me. He basically ran towards me and pulled me into a tight embrace.

- I missed you!

- Seung-Hyun, there are people watching…

I looked around and saw how there were way to many people around to make me feel comfortable. 

- Does it matter? I LOVE EUN-MI AND I DON’T CARE WHO KNOWS!

I covered his mouth.

- WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?! I’M BREAKING UP WITH YOU!

I pushed him off and started to walk away fuming with anger. He was faster and was quickly caught up with me. He put his arms around my shoulders and pulled me in.

- I’m sorry, he said and pouted.

I looked at him and smiled. He quickly saw his chance and lightly kissed me.

- SERIOUSLY?!

He chuckled and I pretended to be angry. Sure I liked the fact that he wasn’t embarrassed over dating me but the whole showing affection in public was extremely new to me.

Seung-Hyun POV

- Put on your seatbelt, I don’t want you to get hurt.

- Yes, officer.

I chuckled and pinched her cheek.

- Aigo, you’re so cute!

She pouted.

- So where do you want to go, my or your place?

- Um… I’d appreciate it if you would drop me off at the mall.

- You want me to buy you something? Just point and I’ll buy anything you want.

- I kinda would like to go alone.

- What? Why?! You’re going on a date in a mall with someone aren’t you?!

- No…

- The why can’t I come? T_T

She mumbled something.

- What?

Once again she mumbled something.

- What?

- I’M GOING TO BUY UNDERWEAR. UNDERWEAR DO YOU HEAR?! UNDERWEAR!

I couldn’t say anything but I felt how a smile formed on my face. I swallowed hard.

- We can go and buy underwear if you want, I said and smirked.

- I can go and buy underwear, you can go and do something else.

- Oh I see, you want to buy them now alone then give a private tour to me later?

She looked at me and I could see she was clearly annoyed. She slapped my arm hard.

- OUCH! That really hurts T_T i pouted.

- Whatever, just drop me off at home…

- Can’t we go to my place? I can’t even hold your hand at you place, I looked at her and did my “pure-and-innocent-face.”

- I’m really tired today, I just want to go home and sleep.

- We can go and sleep…

She laughed and leaned her head back and closed her eyes.

- Fine, let’s go home to me.

--

Eun-Mi POV

I was tired but I couldn’t fall asleep. My heart was racing and I couldn’t close my eyes.

I looked at Seung-Hyun who seemed to have fallen asleep a while ago.

I carefully traced his face. Softly my finger traced his forehead continuing down his nose bridge.

Then I traced those lips I’d kissed so many times. As my finger traced his lip line a smile occurred on his face.

- Y-you’re awake?

- How could I possibly sleep with something this beautiful next to me? He said softly with eyes still closed.

I smiled and placed my forehead against his closing my eyes.

He moved his face closer so his lips were barely a millimeter from mine.

- I like being like this… He still spoke softly and every time he said something his lips brushed against mine.

- When we’re like this it feels like I’m keeping you safe… Like no one could ever hurt you…

I leaned in and kissed him.

- I’ve become one of those fools.

He chuckled and opened his eyes and I couldn’t turn my gaze away.

- I’m one of those fools who would have done anything for the person they love.

- Seung-Hyun, why do you love me…?

It was something that had been on my mind for quite some time.

He stopped smiling.

- Why would you ask that?

He looked sincere and a bit bothered.

- I… I just can’t see why you would love someone like me. I completely lack allure, I’m not particularly smart or pretty. I don’t see what there is to love… When I think of you I could mention hundreds of things that make me love you. But I can’t even think of one thing that would make you love me.

- I love you because when I’m with you I feel safe. When I’m around you I feel like I matter to someone, I feel like there is someone who really knows the true me but still stays and still loves me. And the fact that every time I see you I feel like a schoolboy who sees his crush is helping a bit. When I’m around you I get this tingle. And I really think you’re beautiful. I love the way your lips curve and the way your eyes shine when you smile. I love how you fit in my arms and I love the way your hand feels in mine. I just love everything about you.

I felt how I blushed and looked down.

- Don’t ever ask something like that again…

- I won’t…

After he said all of those things I felt calm. He wanted to be with me and he loved me, what more could I ask for? I placed my head comfortably against his arm and felt how my eyelids got heavier.

Seung-Hyun POV

I looked at her sleeping and she was like an angel.

- Eun-Mi, never become like other girls… I whispered hoping that somewhere in her subconscious it would stick.

Even though I was so close to her I still wanted to be closer.

I am a man after all and certain things and thoughts you can’t escape. I sighed and wondered to myself why I was being like this… It's selfish of me to be like this. I kissed her softly.

- I’ll be happy like this. I won’t ask for more, just as you stay by my side.

I once again found myself gently whispering things to her. Ah, Seung-Hyun, you’re seriously losing your mind for this girl.

 

-------------------------

ah, your comments <3 they make me so happy, i'm serious, i love you! And 21subbies, wow, i'm so amazed. I'm so glad you like this! <3