Grandma Lee

At A Crossroad

Taeil dreamt something strange one night. He dreamt that his uncle sat by his mother's bed and watched her. He then put his hands on her belly and opened it, then went inside.

At breakfast, Mrs. Lee was quiet. When Taeil asked what was wrong, she said her brother had died last night.

Taeil was quiet for a moment.

"Are you pregnant?" Taeil asked.

"No. What makes you think that?" she answered.

"I dreamt of uncle, and he went in your belly."

"...maybe you should visit your grandma. These dreams are getting weird."

That afternoon, Taeil's mother drove him to his grandma's house.

"Hello, Taeil," grandma Lee greeted them.

"Hey grandma."

"Tell him about your dream, son," Mrs. Lee said.

After talking about his dream, grandma Lee was quiet for a while.

"I have those kinds of dreams too," grandma Lee finally said.

"I think you inherited your supernatural sensitivity from me."

"You do that too, grandma?"

"You should stay with me for a while."

During their stay, grandma Lee talked of how his dream of his uncle with his recent death meant that Mrs. Lee's unborn child would be named after his uncle. That eased Taeil's heart. Then he told her of his dreams of the bird and the other things attacking him.

"When you dream of things attacking you, pretend you're holding a knife, then strike whatever's attacking you."

About the bird, grandma Lee thought it might be a shaman and that he should be careful. He said that the next time he sees it to slap it on the face. It should stop then.

Taeil would have so much to tell Jiyong when he returned home.