Jiyong

At A Crossroad

"Hey," Taeil timidly apprached the new kid.

"Hey," Jiyong actually replied.

"I was just wondering if you wanted to come to my house today."

"Me? Your house?"

"...yes."

"I'm not gay."

Taeil burst out laughing. "Neither am I!!"

"Okay, good. Just making sure. I'll go with you after school."

"See you then."

All day, Taeil could only think of his new kind-of-friend. He was happy when they were finally walking to his house.

At Taeil's, his mother made them a snack, happy for an actual human being coming home with her son. His dad, however, smelled of drugs, so Taeil wouldn't go near his room all day.

In Taeil's room, he and his new friend studied and told more about each other. Jiyong had lost both of his parents and lived with foster parents. Each of his foster families said that he brought trouble with him, but didn't explain any further.

"Do you have a bathroom?" Jiyong desperately asked.

"No, we go pee outside," Taeil answered.

"Okay, WHERE is the bathroom?"

"Haha go left from here, turn right at the corner. It'll be the second door to the left."

"Thanks."

With that, Jiyong ran out the door. Ten seconds later, he came back in. He looked scared.

"Well, that was fast," Taeil joked.

"There's something outside the room by the bathroom," Jiyong was really shaken up.

"Wait, you can see that thing?"

"It holds a chain that goes through the door!!"

"Yeah, it's there when my dad drinks or smokes. But you can actually see it?"

"You think I'd be here scared out of my wits if I couldn't?"

"You know, the first time I saw you, I felt like I needed to befriend you."

"I felt the same way, too."

"Now, I think it may have been because I sensed something about you."

"You're sensitive to the supernatural?"

"Yes. I've never met anyone else who was as well."

"Me neither. I thought I was crazy."

"Haha, but we can help each other now."

After that, Taeil and Jiyong hung out and shared what they both experienced like best friends.

But Taeil's dreams weren't getting better.