Chapter 3

So what if I'm not "feminine" enough?

 

"Oh God! Can human eyes possibly shoot out laser?!" I said out loud when I knew I was far away from the cafe and safe from Coffee Man's stare.

I took a deep breath before walking slowly towards the gate. Once I had entered the plane I went to look out for my seat and was lucky enough to know that I have gotten the window seat. Like hello! Who doesn't love window seats where one could enjoy the awe-inspiring and panoramic scenery of the buoyant clouds! Once seated, I thought of several things that I should do during the flight. I thought of watching Running Man on my IPad, but I guess I should do it later in the midst of the flight, because you know once you start watching Running Man you can never stop, it’s like a marathon! I scurried over my things to find the book that I was reading earlier on.

“Where is it? I swear I was reading it just now! It must be somewhere inside…” I said to myself as I look through my things in my bag.

“OH MY GOD!” suddenly it hits me.

I might have left it in the café………..

“Uggggh, dumb is dumb! It’s Murakami’s and oh my god I was at the best part!” I wriggled my limbs furiously feeling frustrated with myself.

 “I should just watch Running Man I guess!” I lamented and went to take out my IPad. As I took it out, I looked at the battery life.

“OH GREAT! JUST SHOOT ME ALREADY!” I said a little bit louder earning stares from the people around me.

“I am only left with 15%!! WHY ME WHY?!” I mourned

I lazily slumped over the seat as I stared into space not knowing what to do with my life anymore. I was so peeved and amazed by how unpredictable I could be. I was busily staring out of the window while reflecting when I heard someone coming through to sit beside me. I kept looking out of the window with my body slumped on the seat not wanting to look up. I didn’t look up despite being the curious kitten I am, I guessed I was too upset to be doing anything besides breathing. The flight took off and I was still staring into space.

“Miss, would you like some drinks?” said the stewardess as she interrupted my  thoughts.

“Yeah sure, do you have milk?” I asked politely.

“Here you go.” she said as she passed me a small cute bottle.

I happily sipped the milk, as I wiggled my body a bit, a habit of mine when I relished in something sinfully delicious. Interestingly milk had therapeutic effects of soothing my capricious mood, as my Dad used to bring me warm milk whenever I felt ty. I was drinking the milk when curiosity slapped me. I looked at the person who was sitting next to me and I accidentally choke on my milk when I saw a familiar face. That figure was intently looking through his IPad. I looked at him intently making sure that my eyes weren’t playing tricks on me. He have that define jawline, he have this cute doe eyes and long lashes, his lips was –

“Didn’t your Mother ever tell you that staring is rude?” said the stranger as he cocked his left brow, still not looking up from his IPad.

I didn’t realise that my eyes were still fixed on him till I heard him grunt and finally putting away his IPad.

“Quit staring will you? Am I that good-looking?” said the man irritably as he took off his glasses and looked at me.

I accidentally squeezed the bottle milk that I holding and as lucky I can get, the milk shot through the straw and I had milk splattered right on my face.

“Wow! Just wow! How lucky can I get?!” I screamed mentally.

My eyes fluttered open when I felt a soft material on my face. Coffee Man was gently wiping my face with a handkerchief. When he saw me looking at him, he gently threw the handkerchief onto my lap and rolled his eyes.

I took the handkerchief and began to wipe off any access milk away.

“But my face is still sticky, I need to go to the washroom.” I thought.

I hesitated for a good 10 minutes before asking the Coffee Man to let me through. So much for saying that window seat is ze best! Look at how I was suffering right now. Coffee Man grunted again before getting up to allow me some space to get out. Once done, I went back to my seat to see him frowning at me. He rolled his eyes once again before getting up to give me some space.

“WHAT I CAN EVEN GO TO THE TOILET IS IT! WHY IS HE SO ABOUT! UGHHH OMGGG SO MUCH FOR SAYING HE IS GOOD LOOKING! This is going to be a loooooooooong ride!” I literally face palmed.

Not wanting to have anything more to happen to me, I decided to nap through the whole journey. Even during eating time, I ate my food slowly and carefully, not wanting to choke on my food or have my food splattered everywhere. I was eating was too careful that I heard Coffee Man snickers at me. I looked at him and gave a disgusted look. I plugged in my earpiece and went back to have my nap.

15 more minutes left before we reached Seoul and I was all ready with my bag slung over my body and my passport in hand. It is snowing right now in Seoul and I can’t wait to step my foot in this pretty country. I looked at the handkerchief on the table and hesitated to ask Coffee Man on how I should return it to him. I open my mouth, wanting to say something when he interrupted me, again.

“You can keep it.” he said boldly as if he could read my mind.

I rolled my eyes and shove the handkerchief into my bag. I then looked out of the window admiring Seoul being showered with white snow, when he tap my shoulder and pointed towards my table. I looked down and saw the book that I thought I lost.

“I assumed this is yours? You left it in the café earlier.” he said not meeting my gaze.

“YAH! AND YOU JUST GAVE ME NOW?! WAHH! YOU SHOULD HAVE GIVEN IT TO ME EARLIER SO THAT I WON’T DIE OF BOREDOM! UGH YOU PABO!” I said a little bit loud, feeling extremely frustrated.

“YAH! WELL LOOK YOU ARE STILL ALIVE RIGHT NOW AREN’T YOU! Do you know who you are calling a pabo?! You pabo!” he defended himself as he purposely chested up and looking down towards me, trying to make me feel inferior over the differences in our height.

“YOU CALLED ME A PABO? OMG YOU OMG YOU!” I was so exasperated that I couldn’t even expound my frustrations with that good-looking for nothing guy.

“Yes I did! I have never seen a lady who is as clumsy as you!” He said.

“Tch. Okay you win, you win. Pabo.” I said not wanting to waste my energy on the useless Coffee Man.

He scoffed and looked away and I did the same too.

“Idiot. No point arguing with him.” I thought as I folded my arms.

“Wahhh, how frustrating can she be? I was good enough to have actually help her out!” he thought as he furrowed his eyebrow. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Why is everyone subscribing to my old fic and not the new one? Hello please give me some words of encouragement lol