Chapter 2

So what if I'm not "feminine" enough?

 

As I stepped into the transit area, I turned my body around to see my family members standing near the glass window while waving frantically at me. Sigh, I'm missing them already. I waved back and gave them a sad smile.

Reluctantly, I turned my body away from them and walked away, with my head hung low. I kept walking aimlessly, not knowing where I was heading to until I saw a small cozy café near my boarding gate. I glanced at my watch and did simple Math, I had about 45 minutes to spare before the gate open. I then decided to stop by the café to have some delicious coffee with loads of whip cream and a good read while waiting.

The smell of coffee beans waft through my nostrils and instinctively, the corner of my lips pulled into a soft smile. I loved coffee and had this strong impulse to laze around in cafes immersing myself with books, there was just something inexplicable about it that enticed me. The dimly lighted light which sends out cozy vibes and the seemingly irresistible aroma emanating from the brewing coffee beans made me feel that I was at home. I had always been the indoor type of girl. I preferred sitting in a small cozy cafe while reading some novels with coffee or tea accompanying me instead of going out to watch movies or shopping. I like being alone because it is easier that way, no one could hurt you...

I placed my things at a table near the window, grabbed my wallet and went to follow the queue at the counter. I tapped my chin with my forefinger as I tried to decide between mocha and latte.

"Mocha or Latte? Mocha or Latte?" I chanted softly.

"You should try the new Double Chocolate Peppermint, I suggest you ask for it to be coffee based." said a voice behind me.

"Oh okay, I guess I should?" I replied hesitantly as I look at the man behind me who was busily looking down at his phone.

I grabbed my order and went back to my seat. My eyes hurriedly scanned at the pick-up point as I looked at the man who is currently picking up his drink and walking towards a table which was just a few seats away from me. I looked at his nicely tousled chestnut colored hair to his nicely fitted jeans which further emphasize the long legs he had. I hurriedly looked away as I felt his strong gaze burning holes at my face.

I pretend to scurry through my bag, hoping that my long hair would be able to cover up my face. After a good long 10 seconds of hiding, I used my peripheral vision to check whether it is safe for me to look up. I sigh a relief as I saw him sipping through his coffee.

"Phew!" I heaved a tad bit loud.

I grab one of Murakami's and began to read while occasionally slurping my drink.


"Double Chocolate Peppermint? Hmm. Ain't that bad eh?" I thought as I took another big sip of the drink.

I was so into the book that I did not realize that a lot of time had passed by. As the gate finally open, I decided to pack my things and go. Before putting down the book, I looked at the Coffee Man again. He was busily scrolling his Ipad while furrowing his perfectly shape brows. His eyes were in pretty almond shape and his nose fits his face perfectly. His upper lip was thin while his lower lip was slightly plump, red and moist. His jaws chiseled and smooth as I dreamily wished to touch it. His chestnut colored hair color went really well with his slightly tanned skin. He wore a white Fred Perry polo which was tailored to his body really well, and I’m pretty much sure that he owns a washboard underneath that piece of clothing. He matches the plain polo with a beige colored pants which he had folded the end of it right above his ankle. Wow, this man is really good looking, now that I have noticed. I was too caught up with my thought when I was interrupted by his strong gaze once again. In a flash, i clumsily drop my book on the table, quickly grabbed the sling of my bag as I hurriedly rush towards the exit of the cafe. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AHHH! Still not the best yet! Tell me what you think about it! I'm still contemplating to either just use one person point of view or both of the lead characters!