CHAPTER 7: STREET FOOD EXPERIENCE

Hate U Love U

 

“ LSM, good morning it’s so nice to see you again..”

“hello, Henry Choi.” LSM smiled to the mild age man

“so LSM how are you doing?”

“same old same old..” the old man smiled. “ so how are things? I hope everything is in order?”

“ i won’t give assurance for now, it’s just starting so I hope….everything will end up the way you wanted”

LSM’s expression become serious, the smile on his face suddenly faded.

“I hope that it will I promised them to give those girls a good future..”

Mr. Choi puts his hand on the old man’s shoulder “  they will don’t worry..you have so much to give to them already LSM what else is missing?”

The old man looked at him “ something that money can’t buy Mr. Choi, something that life took from them.”

“ sure those girls are lucky to have family like you LSM..”

“I’m the only family they’ve got…”

“hahah, having 3 lovely girls at home sure made your heart soft LSM, I remember before you were a terror as a boss” Mr. Choi laugh out loud so as LSM.

“ where are the others?”  he ask

“ow, they’ll be hear, how about we eat firs while we wait?”

“yeah, I’m also famished”

 

YOONA’S POV

 

It’s Saturday and no school!yey! time to go have some fun. I went to Jessica’s room.

BLAAAG!

“yah!”  she shouted as soon as I entered the room

“Sorry” I said smiling, I run towards her bed where she was lying lazily reading her books…as usual. “ hey, Jess let’s go outside…” I said totally excited.

“no, go by yourself” then she raise her book covering her face to read, I took them and toss them aside. “YAH!” she said, I grab her hand and pulled her..” Come on Jess..you need some exercise too” I drag her until we reach Seohyun’s room.

“yah!Seohyun get dress will go outside..” I said pulling Jessica into the room.

“really?!!wait I need some wardrobe for that!” totally excited she run toward her walk-in door but as she opened it Jessica shouted

“YAH! Wear jeans and plain shirt or else don’t come”

“what?!plain??? but I don’t wear plain dresses…..” she said pouting

“fine then stay her” she said this time she DRAG me..

“fine then!” Seohyun said, stamping her foot, oww so childish girl..

She wore jeans and a white sleeves topped with loose greed shirt. She was reaching for a shoes with 2 inches heels but.

“wear sneakers or converse not heels” I said

“but—“

“are you coming or not?”

She pouts again “ fine!”

She has no choice but to wear those or else she will stay here all alone in this big house..bwahhahhaa, just to make percussion. I don’t want to end up like what happened at school. everything was set, Mr. Park was on the front door when we come out.

“I see you Misses are going out, I prepare the car just in case.” He smiled at us, Mr. Park has been our driver since we live we aboji he is just like a father to us..well almost all of them even Mr. Jang and the other staff in the house they didn’t treat us like some else, but like their child..but still the love they give is different…it’s not like they just love us because where aboji’s granddaughters but..it’s not enough..something is missing, well I don’t want to think of it for now, today I’m going to enjoy myself.

“Mr. Park I want to RIZAL’S PARK, I think they call it LUNETA PARK? They named it to their National Hero Dr. Jose Rizal” I said..

“ok then”

 On our way to the Park we saw a whole different life a life far from ours..when we reach were we going, it was beautiful.  So many people hanging around, children playing in the huge lawn..cute children blowing bubbles. It was awesome.

“tara kain bili tayo fish ball, gutom na ako eh” (translation: “let’s go buy some fish ball, I’m hungry”)

 I heard a group of teenagers pass us.

“F—fish ball?” Seohyun said “ a ball made from fish is that it?”

“I don’t know, maybe..”

“they’re street foods like ddeokbukki,hotteok, mandu, or gimbap in Korea”  Mr. Park explains.

“waaa?!really?! unnie let’s try those..” Seohyun said her eyes glister with excitement.

I looked where the group went and saw carts park at one side of the park. Wow they’re many.

“alrigt let’s go!” I said “ Jess come on!” I drag Jessica and Seohyun drag Mr. Park when we reach the carts, different street foods are displayed..they’re bet odd looking different from what we used to eat street food but this is what makes the adventure more memorable exotic foods!yehey.

“ahmm excuse me, what is this?” I ask the vendor.

“this? That’s kwik-kwik..” he said and smile.

HE SAID WHAT?! (-.-?)

“K-k-kwik-kwik??” Seohyun said, woah she’s cute when she said the name.

“yes, it’s a boiled quails egg deep in a wet breeding and fried..here try one..” then he gave is one each on a stick”

“is this good?” Jessica said, she’s looking at the egg as if it came from another planet.

“yes,it’s is.. here, put them here..” then he gave us small bowls…

“what’s this  for?” I ask

“excuse me” then a cute little girl who’s like a 7 year old came, ahh such a cute child..

“kuya dalawang kwik-kwik po “ ahh cute!!! (>,<)  (translation:  sir two kwik-kwik please)

The vendor took 2 kwik-kwik from the pan and put it in a paper bowl, he put something in it looks like a sauce.. or something before giving it to the child me, Seohyun, Jessica and Mr. Park are gaping at them.

“ito oh..” (translation : here..) the vendor said then the little girl pay “ thank you” she turn to us and smile..ahhh cute!!!

“ahmm, what’s that you put on that….that child’s kwik-kwik?” I ask

“that’s a vinegar and a sweet sauce, here you can deep your kwik-kwik or pour it in the bowl I gave you. here, give me yours” he said, I handed mine to him and he opens the small jars in the side “ what do you want a sweet sauce or a little spicy?”

“sweet and spicy..” I said. The vendor poured a think sauce then the vinegar it’s quit red because of the chili’s what was crashed inside.

“here, try it don’t worry it’s for free”

“ok, thank you..”

Jessica, Seohyun and Mr. Park are looking at me, I taste what he did and it was delicious!

“wahh!delicious…” I said the vendor smiled with satisfaction.

“really?unnie?” Seohyun ask

“yeah, really..try it” they poured the sauce like what the vendor did and they too loved it, we ate a lot fishballs, kwik-kwik and nuggets.. and we enjoyed it, we thanks the vendor and left he even gave us free coconut juice drink.

When we reach the parking lot I sit in the pavement.

“wahh, I’m so full..” I said.

“me too, I didn’t know I could eat that much..wait let’s take a picture..” Seohyun took her camera  from the bag

“here I’ll take the shoot” Mr. Park said.

After the photo shoot session in the park were about to get but to the house when I suddenly remember.

“ahmm, Mr. Park..there’s one place I want to go before returning..”

Mr. Park looked at his wrist watch “ it’s still early, where are we going?”

“to ****** Race Track Arena” I said, Mr. Park looked at me from the mirror so as Jessica and Seohyun.

“wait, Race Track Arena? Don’t tell me your..” Seohyun eyed me

“n-no-no!!!i just want to watch the race that’s all beside I don’t have a bike..come on??” But Jessica’s more scary she’s looking at me like..yikesssss…

“I’m not quite familiar with the place, tell me which direction to take..” Mr. Park said.

“ok..” I said totally happy, of course I know the place I’ve been there..secretly..heheh