REASON BEHIND

Hate U Love U

Jessica never thought she would be hurt this bad. Again. The first time was when her or their parents died when they were little and when she was in attending her Freshman year in the States, But for some reason knowing that Heechul only gave her that much attention is because of some silly bet game is more painful than before.  She first thought of going back to the cottage when she walked away from them earlier but she thought that it’s the first place they will go if ever they will follow her. She only thing she wants now is to be alone, so she just walked to where her feet will bring her when she heard someone is calling her.

“Jess! Jessica! Jessica wait up please!”

She did not need to turn who is calling her name coz the familiarity of the voice brings back the anger she felt earlier and makes the pain even worst so she continued walking. And when she felt someone just grab her hands her fist immediately took off to where the face of the man is, but too bad that Heechul caught her fist.  As if electrified Jessica took back her fist and put some distance between them. “What do you want?” she asks with her cold as ever voice.

“ I… I.. I just want to explain” .

Jessica looked at him intently “ fine. Explain.”

“ first I want to say, I’m sorry..sorry that I hurt you, and sorry for this whole bet game I never intended to hurt you like this it’s just…”

“It’s just what?”

“it’s just I never really thought that this would happen…..”

Jessica’s reaction suddenly changes for a few second that Heechul didn’t notice so he continued.

“that I would have this feelings for you, I  never ever thought that I would care for you..” Heechul said but it trigger something inside Jessica that made her even mad

“you NEVER thought that YOU would actually CARE for ME? Haha! Of course WHO in the WORLD would ever thought that YOU, Prince CASEY of BAE, one of the POPULAR guy in the campus would ever get serious with a FREAK like me!huh?!”

“no…Jess you thought wrong.. I never thought of you as a frea—“

“Shut up!”

Heechul didn’t got a chance to finished because Jessica cut what he was about to say. “ you’re all the same, your just like him..”

“him? What do you mean? Who’s him?” he ask but Jessica just walk pass him “ just stay away from me.” She said then leaving him there.

_____________________________

“Unnie!” she shouted when she got to the cottage and when she opened the door Jessica was not there. She checked the bathroom and she’s not there so she went outside again turning from left and right hoping to catch a glimpse of Jessica and when she realizes that she is just alone there in the dark she got scared. Suddenly she could hear everything, from a small sound of the wind blowing the trees, from leaves dancing to the breeze, lamp holders on the empty cottages she could hear them all. “damn it, I forgot to drag somebody..ahh Unnie where are you..” she said almost crying and when she heard a bang sound on one of the cottage roof she literally got startled to death and when a cat came out, she suddenly relaxed but something cold touched her shoulder she literally bend to her knees and screamed

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!”

“Hey, hey….sorry…sorry..”

She was almost crying but when she realizes who owns the voice, she stop and look up to see Kris standing just behind her, his face was worried, she’s so scared, she forgot that she’s angry and went to him in a hug.

Kris was shock for a moment when Seohyun suddenly hugged him but when he felt her shaking his hands automatically wrapped around her , she felt small around his arm, he touched her hair and it downwards to calm her down, he could feel her relaxing a bit but she is still sobbing.

“sorry.. I scared you…”

“ I… I… I thought you’re a… a  ghost…” she said between her sobs

“sorry..sshhhh, it’s ok now..I got you..” then he held her tightly.

And when they heard a crack sound  Seohyun grip Kris tightly. “ it’s ok, I’m right here….shhh it’s just some curious CATS how like to sneak around..” Kris said emphasizing the CATS  as he was referring to Erin, Laica, Nathan and now Ray is with them who is hiding behind one of the cottages.

“Ow crap he knew..” said Erin in a whispering sound

“sorry..It’s too dark so I didn’t saw that stupid branch” said Laica.

“tell me why exactly are we sneaking at them?” Ray curiously ask as he was just being dragged out there

“well, I know you heard the R3 fan club in the campus.” Nathan said “yeah, I heard about them, why?”

Nathan pointed Erin and Laica using his lips “ well this two are the Founders of that club, that’s why these two are sneaking right now”

“ahhh I see…but..why are you?” Ray turn to him

“just like you, I’m always being dragged by this two when a time like this..”

“oww…” Ray said in a sad but understandable voice

“now, you’re in it two, expect being dragged by this two anytime and everywhere..” Nathan said tapping Ray’s shoulder.

“sssshhhh! You two..quiet1” Laica said.

Kris know that they are there what else.. but Seohyun is still trembling.. “come on, let’s get out of here” said Kris as he lead her inside the cottage “ no, not in there please..Unnies are not there and I don’t want to be alone…”  “ok..let’s go to the cafeteria then..”

Kris took Seohyun to the cafeteria and ask the Manang (adjumma) who is on duty that time for a hot drink.

“ok, I’ll make you some hot choco” she said “thank you” then the old lady went inside the kitchen. Kris saw Seohyun is brushing her shoulder, he took off his jacket and put it on her. Seohyun looked at him but grab the jacket closer “ thanks..”  Kris sits just in front of her and everything went awkward again.

“ahmmm thank you for earlier..”

“it’s nothing, you’re really are scared in the dark, huh..” it’s not a question but more of a statement and Seohyun only nod

“why?”

“huh?” Seohyun looked at Kris who is now looking at her

“I said why? Why are you scared?”

“well..when I was little we (Jessica and Yoona) used to play hide in seek whenever we have family gathering in our vacation house in ___, one day I decided to hide in the basement I opened the lights and I leave the door opened but one of the maids thought that somebody just forgot to close the basement door and the light, she closed them and the door too. When I tried opening the door it was lock.”

“why didn’t you open the lights again?”

“the switch is outside so I couldn’t do anything so I just screamed and banged the door so someone could hear me, I was there in just a few minutes but I was scared.”

Kris was just looking at her, when she turn to him “how did you know I was there?”

“here’s you choco,  Hija (E-ha) you’re so cold..here drink this up ok? “ the Manang said to Seohyun while caressing her back and turned to Kris again “ you too Hijo (E-Ho)

AN: Hija (E-ha) is for the girls and Hijo (E-ho) is for the boys, it’s an endearment for MY DEAR used by the Filipinos.

“thank you very much” said Seohyun and smiled at the old lady “you’re welcome Hija..” she said and turn to Kris 

“Hijo have such a beautiful girlfriend..take care of her always ok?” She said that made Kris almost slip his hot choco and Seohyun too.

“ahh you’re wrong we are no—“ Seohyun was about to explain but the old lady just cut her mid sentence

“ow dear you don’t need to explain, I’ll leave you two then just bring the cups over to the counter ok?” then she left them and head back to the kitchen.

____________________________________________

Yoona and Siwon

Yoona was left there all alone, Erin and the others went after she doesn't know where if it's Seohyun or Jessica, so she didn't have a choice but to just wait for them there. she laid down and looked at the stars while munching the lelft sandwich in the basket.

"you're eating again?" 

Startled by the sudden appearance of Siwon, Yoona almost choked she got up to grab the bottled water but Siwon is already holding it. "here.." 

"ahhh! thanks..i thought i was going to die.." then she looked at Siwon " why are you here?"

" i forgot my iPod, so where is the other?"

"they went off, i'm guessing spying agian..i don't know.." Yoona said, Siwon sat just few steps away from Yoona.

"i'm just curious...why did you do the..that bet game anyway.." 

______________________________________

Seohyun and Kris

"why did you do it?" Seohyun can't help not to ask Kris what's the reason they did that to Jessica.

"it's not to hurt Jessica if that's what you want to know." Kris said and took another sip from his cup.

"what is it then?"

Kris looked at Seohyun, but he thought she really deserved the reason why he agreed to the bet. " I just want to see Heechul Hyung love again" he said simple as that.

"love again?"

______________________________________

Yoona and Siwon

"Heechul Hyung's mom left him when he was just 10 years old, she left them with another man. He saw them making out in his parent's bedroom. And when his father found out about it, she decide to left them. Heechul hyung saw how his father turned out when his mother left, drinking... smoking..and even womanizing. His angry at his father for not taking care of his mother and just letting her go and he also hates his mother for leaving him alone. That's way his like what he is right now.. a playboy. But when that encounter in the cafeteria on your first day, finally Heechul hyung found his match with Jessica..that's why we thought about that....that...bet." Siwon said 

"ow...Heechul...what happened to her mom?"

"well, she died when he was 15 years old, that day Hyung didn't cry.. even thought it was his mother he once loved before.

Yoona just looked at Siwon quietly as she listening, knowing the reason made her understand more it's just they choose the wrong way to do it.

_______________________

AT THE CAFETERIA KITCHEN

“Manang, ano nasabi nyo PO ba?” Ask Erin in Tagalog.

( “Manang, did you said it?”)

“Oo sinabi ko, talaga bang magboyfriend/girlfriend yung dalawang un?”

(“yes I did, are you sure those two are couple?”)

“Oo naman PO Manang,” said Laica

(“Yes Manang”)

“Ewan ko sa inyo, mga kabataan nga naman ngayon ang daming kalokohan..” Said Manang while pouring the left hot choco in the cups.

(“ I don’t know, Youngster these days are so mischievous” )

“Pasensya na PO sa abala..” said Nathan

(“sorry for the trouble..”)

“ok lang, kahit papano bumalik ako sa pagkabata..hahah, oh ito inumin ninyo..” the old lady said and hand them the cups of choco

("it's alright, in some way I felt young again.. haha, here drink this")

“Maraming salamat PO” they all said to the old lady.

(“Thank you very much”)

AN: “PO” is a word Filipino uses when speaking formally or being respectful to the other person.

Then the four of them sneak a peek from the kitchen door.

“are we have to be here? Jessica is still out there..” Ray said.

“ she’ll be fine, beside she needs to be alone for now, she just found out about the bet game, I know she’s still mad.” Nathan said then sat in one of the chair in the kitchen table. Ray joined him and pour himself another cup if hot choco that Manang left for them.

“ you know I really can’t blame Jessica, I mean so as Yoona and Seohyun, I’m also a girl and knowing that you’re just being played at is the worst rather than saying ‘you’re ugly’ right in the face.” Laica said joining them in the table

“uh-huh! Arhg that time , I really want to punched Megan’s face when she told that to Jessica. Argh!” Erin showing her fist.

“try punching the wall, just imagine that’s Megan’s face..” Nathan said jokingly. Erin looked at the wall then to Nathan

“how about I punched you in the face instead..huh?!” Erin said

“kidding….hahaha, but seriously Heechul seems falling in love with Jessica isn’t he” Nathan stated.

And all agreed to him.

__________________________________

The bonfire ended at 11:45 pm, everyone went to their cottage. Erin and Laica said good night so as Nathan and Ray, Yoona and Seohyun meet in front of the cottage before entering the cottage and saw Jessica already in her bed.  They put away their things fist because they have to wake up early tomorrow because they are going to stop at Vigan for sightseeing before heading back to Manila.

“Did you talked to her?” Kris ask Heechul who is now zipping his bag.

“yeah, and she….she’s really anger..” he said as he sat down on the bed and cover his face with his palm.

“ sorry that we suggested that bet game.”  Siwon said

“It’s ok, I agreed to it so you don’t have to be…I could have just said “no” that time.”

“so what are your plans?” Kris ask

“I guess, I have to try to win her again….but this time it won’t be easy”

“good luck..if you need our help just let us know” Siwon said.

“deh, Siwon-sshi  how about you, knowing that Yoona was the girl…what are you going to do?”

Siwon just looked at Heechul  but he just tapped his shoulder and going to bed not really giving him an answer. Siwon just stared at window looking at nothing but darkness.

_______________________

AN: Violet filled lines are for Hangul conversation and Yellow filled lines are for Tagalog conversation.

 

 

_________________________

Here's another Chapter 

ENJOY! ^^