Chapter 2

The Story of Us

 

For about being years driving to their house, Jiyeon finally arrived. Unfortunately, she couldn’t just run straight to her room, she has to drive to their gate and have their guard buzz her in. When the guard saw her, you can see the sympathy in his face, but she was grateful because he didn’t ask any questions. She probably looked like a mess and she didn’t feel like talking about why. Normally she loved their gigantic house but after having to walk up the long way to just go in the house door, she started to hate it. When she finally opened the door she tip toed as fast as she can to go upstairs, but when she was about to take a step to the stairs the lights . She tried to wipe her cheeks dry. At least she knew that her brother is currently at college right now, because he wouldn’t be happy if he saw his sister crying. Taking a deep breath she started walking upstairs again, hoping whoever was there would just let her go. But there is no such luck. “Sweetie, what are you doing?” she cringed as she heard her mom’s voice. Maybe if she wouldn’t show her face her mom won’t suspect anything, “Nothing. Just got back from a party, so, you know, I’m kind of tired.” she hinted, trying not to sound as upset as I felt. “Oh really, did you have fun?” her mother asked. She was frightened when she heard her mom’s footsteps coming closer to her. “Err, yeah it was great,” she lied nervously. “Sweetie, turn around. I want to look at you when we are talking,” her mom said placing her hands on Jiyeon’s shoulder. “I… rather not,” she said before mentally hitting herself. “Why not?” her mom, of course, asked, “Because… I’m tired.” She said trying to make her excuse believable as possible. “Alright, then I’ll go up with you.” Her mom said. “Wait!” she screamed. “I mean I’m okay. I don’t need you to come with me, you’re probably busy.” She lied. “Actually, not really, Anyway, why are you so nervous today?” her mom asked, concerned. “I’m not!” she lied quickly. “Yes, you are,” her mom said, placing both of her hands on Jiyeon’s shoulder, turning Jiyeon around.

Here come the million questions…

“Honey, Why are you crying?!” her mom asked, as her hands cover in shock. “Mom, look it’s nothing. Can I just go to bed?” I plead. “No! My baby was crying, and I want to know why,” she insisted. “Alright, I’ll tell you but can we go to the living room?” I pleaded, “Okay, sweetheart,” she said, grabbing my hand with a squeeze and leading me down the hall. The living room was pretty much white, with a huge TV hanging on the wall, four long black couches, and beautiful plants from around the world placed everywhere.  Jiyeon plopped, exhausted, onto one of the couches, and her mom sat down next to her. Her mom wiped her smeared make up away, and softly asked, “What happened?”

“Tae Eun and I went to a party and the teens made fun of me again?” her mom left out a sympathetic noise and swept some of her face behind her ear.  “What did they do this time?” she asked. “A prank.” She said as she remembers what happened earlier. “Sweetie, what did they do?” she asked wanting to know more. “Well, you know that I have a crush on Myungsoo, right?” her mom nodded, and I continued, “Well, Kris, the bully that has always hated me, decided to play a little… game. By the end of it everyone at the party knew that I had a crush on Myungsoo, and Myungsoo… he didn’t do anything. Everybody was laughing at me, and he just stood there. I couldn’t take it anymore so I ran.” She took a deep breath as tears started to form in her eyes again. “Oh sweetie, it’s okay. I’m here for you.” Her mom said pulling her into a tight hug and rubbing soothing circles into her back. “Mom, I don’t want to go back to that school anymore,” she said, making up her mind. “What do you mean?” her mom asked, sounding alarmed. “Well, not right now I mean. Could I have a home tutor or something, just for a month? Please?” she asked, begging her mom with her puppy dog eyes. One thing about her mom is that her mom is a big softy when it comes to her puppy dog eyes. “…Fine.” As she was started to thanks her mom she held up a hand to quiet her. “But, only for a month. After that you have to go back, do you understand?” she nodded and began to smile like an idiot. “Thanks mom, I love you.” She said gratefully hugging her mom like there’s no tomorrow. “You’re welcome but why are you dropping out for a month?” her mom questioned. “I’ve decided that I want to change myself,” she said. “Why do you want to do that?

“I’m sick and tired of those popular people who were always making fun of me because I’m a nerd. So I want to change.” She said, seriously. “I think it’s a good idea. You do need to be a little healthier and I don’t want to see my baby coming home crying anymore.” Her mom eye smiled. “Thanks!” I said smiling. “Well, I’ll make some calls, to get you transferred out of your school and to bring you home tutor,” her mom said patting her knee as she got up. She got up, and began walking to her room with a better mood than before but she heard some footsteps coming up behind her. Before she could turn around, she was attacked by a fierce hug. She turned around and spotted her best friend clinging to her for dear life. “Yeonnie! Are you okay? I’m so sorry, about everything! I tried to stop them, I promise. I really did!” T-ae babbled apologetically. “It’s okay. I know you had nothing to do with it, so don’t worry… I’ve decided not to come back to that school anymore… well after a month.” She replied. “Wait, what?” T-ae asked, surprised. She sighed and ran a hand through her hair, feeling exhausted. “How about you sleep over tonight? I can tell you the rest later.” She sighed. “Okay I will. And I’m glad that you’re not mad at me,” T-ae said smiling in relief. “Why would I be mad at you?” she asked, confucion lacing her tone. “I thought that you would be mad at me because I was the one who made you go to the party. If it wasn’t for me then-” she quickly cut T-ae off before she could say anything more ridiculous. “No! I’m not mad at you! How could I be? You’re the only friend that I had, and you never cared about my looks or anything,” she sighed sincerely, trying to show T-ae how much she meant to her. “Oh Yeonnie! You’re the best friend that I’ve ever had, and don’t worry! If you want to get back at Kris and Suzy, I’ll help you however you want.”

“Don’t worry, I’ve got it covered,” she said smiling as she thought over her awesome plan. “Great! I can’t wait to hear it.” T-ae said joyfully. They were about to head up to Jiyeon’s room when footsteps sounded once more down the hall. They looked at each other in confusion and then looked up to see the figure standing in the door frame. “Chanyeol?” T-ae and Jiyeon asked in shocked unison. Why did her brother home? And why did he look so angry?  :O