Chapter 15

The Story of Us

J I Y E O N

I was leaving our house and was about to go to the park to walk my dog when suddenly Kris appear out of nowhere. Damn this guy.

"Jiyeon, you're leaving here?" he asked clutching on his knees while panting.

"Obviously, why?" I asked raising an eyebrow at him.

"By any chance do you know Park Chanyeol? I can't be wrong, this is their mansion." he suddenly asked making me caught off guard. Think something Jiyeon. Think. Think. Think. Brain blast.

"Um, maybe? We just moved here, my parents bought this house recently." I lied, scratching the back of my head.

"Oh, I thinks so. Wow, so, you're rich? This mansion is so big. Anyways, where are you going?" At least this guy is kind of stupid. Ha.

"Yeah, I guess you can say that. I'm going to tha park. Bye." I turned around with my dog and was about to go to the park when he grabbed me by my hand.

"Um, let me walk you there."

"Fine." Well, do I have a choice? This guy is just going to annoy the hell out of me if I didn't say yes. 

"Hey isn't that Myungsoo? You know? My best friend." he asked, pointing at a guy on the sand box digging something.

 

M Y U N G S O O

(Flashback)

Sitting on the picnic benches, I stared at the little carved drawing Jiyeon made a few months back. It was just a simple drawing of two sticks figures holding hands, with the words 'best friends for ever' in the middle.

When I first saw it, I was quite ecstatic that she drew that for me, but when I saw the words 'best friends forever' I was a bit distressed. I guess she will only think of me as a friend.

"L, I'm here!" Jiyeon's voice rang out, getting my attention. I snapped my head towards her. Jiyeon looked as cute as ever, with her brown her pulled back in a ponytail. Over the past year I've known her, her brownish black hair turned into more brownish color, and I couldn't be happier. She's cuter this way.

"So, how are we supposed to do this?" she asked as she took the seat across of me.

I smiled, "Well, did you bring it?"

She nodded, "Of course I did. You said that I should bring the thing I treasure the most, I did," she said, her hands reaching under the picnic tables.

"Goos, you remembered," I said, as I smile proudly at her. "Can I have it now?" I asked, holding my hand out for it. 

"Yeah, hold on a second," she said before pulling out a small black box. She took my hand in hers as she placed the item in my hand. "There you go, L."

Looking down at it, I gave it a tiny shake. The thing made a little noise inside, hitting it with something small. It was probably a piece of jewelry her parents or brother gave her. I knew for a fact that she loved them very much.

Moving my eyes from the box, I look up at Jiyeon, "What did you put in it?"

"You can't really tell?" she asked, with a surprise tone in her voice. Was I supposed to know?

After a few seconds of thinking, I gave up and shook my head.

"It's the ring that you gave me for my seventh birthday," she told me as she took the small box from my hand. She opened it, showing the exact ring I gave her about a year ago.

My eyes widened in shock. "T-this is the thing you treasured the most?"

It couldn't be, right? That ring was nothing special. It was just a simple mood ring with a heart in the middle that changes in color depends on your mood.

"Of course it is, silly. Since you gave it to me, I always have it on,"

"Wow," I breathed. I don't know what else to say. That little ring meant that much to her.

She leaned towards me, as she open . "Yeah, so what's your treasure?"

I laughed. "This," I pointed her my colorful wrist bracelet. 

Her eyes bulged out. "The friendship bracelet I made you?"

"Yup!" before she could even open I speak again, "Since we have our items we can bury them now."

Once she was by my side, I grabbed her tiny hands as we raced to the sandbox. Feeling the softness of the sand under my feet. I knelt down and began to dig.

"L, what are you doing?" confusion slipped out of her voice.

"Digging so we can bury our treasure."

"But why here?" she asked, tilting her head slightly to the right. "If we bury it under the tree , I think it would work better,"  she said, as she point to the bid tree near the pond.

Shaking my head, I answered her, "Because this is the place where we first met."

"Oh, I get it. That makes a lot of sense." She grabbed the shovel and dig next to me, "Okay, how much do we dig?" 

"All the way to the bottom!"

After a few minutes of intense digging, we finally made it to the bottom. Placing the shovels aside I took out Jiyeon's ring and my bracelet. "Here, hold these for a second," she nodded, taking them in her hands. Reaching inside my jacket pocket, I grabbed a small white box.

Opening the lid to show her her what's inside the box, she asked curiously, "Why is there pencil and paper there? How are we going to use those?"

"I'm going to read what the paper says so, pay attention." I cleared my throat. "I, Kim Myungsoo, will always be there for you, Jiyeon Park. Whenever you need me, I'll always be your friend, no matter what. You can always count on me on everything, day and night I'll always be there to protect you always and forever."

I saw Jiyeon's crying face. "T-t-that was so sweet, L!" she sobbed bringing me into a bone-crushing hug. Wrappping my arms around her, I felt her tears as she cry on my shoulders. She pulled out of the hug a little, trying to smile off her tears, "And L, what's the pencil for?"

Trying to control my laughter, I answered her. Only Jiyeon will ask that after just a few seconds of crying. "To sign our names on it, you know, to make it official."

Taking the paper out of my hand and signing it, she gave the paper back to me. Taking the pencil on my hand I quickly signed my name next to hers. After that we bury our treasures in the white box. 

"Now what?" she asked.

"Well, years from now we can come back together and dig it up," I smiled at her, brushing off the remaining sand on my shorts.

 

 

 

 


So, I updated. LOL. XD

I'm so bored.

Myungsoo and his past with Jiyeon. OTL.