Chapter 13

The Story of Us

 


Image

M Y U N G S O O

(Flashback)

"Mommy, can I go play by myself? I'm a big boy now." I asked mommy, begging her with my puppy dog eyes. Mommy can never say no to me when I give her "The Face".

"Sure, honey," she said leaning down towards me, "but don't go too far, I don't want you getting lost now."

"Alright, mommy!" I said leaning up and giving mommy a kiss on the cheek.

Turning around, I took in my surroundings.  was really in a huge park! With a big pond, little duckies, and pretty swans. I wanted to feed them so badly, but mommy said not to go near the pond.

Giving the swans and duckies one last glance, I heade over the sandbox. Next to feeding the duckies, my favorite thing to do in the park was to build huge sandcastles in the sandbox.

Taking a huge jump in the sandbox, I landed in the soft sand. I grabbed the bucket and the shovel that was placed in the corner of the sandbox and began scooping up some sand into the bucket. When the bucket was piled up high with sand, I began building my pretty sandcastle, pretending that I was the prince that lived inside the huge castle.

Mommy always tells me that  was her little prince, and someday, I would find my own special princess, but I haven't found her yet.

"Hey, can I play with you?" someone asked.

I was giving my sandcastle some finishing touches, so, I wasn't really paying an attention to the little girl's voice.

"Sure," I told her anyways, since mommy told me be nice to girls.

"Thanks," she said taking the seat next to me. "My name is Jiyeon,what's yours?"

"Myungsoo."

"That's a nice name." she said.

Mommy always said that when someone gives you compliment, you give one back to them. "Thanks, I like yours too." I said, smiling down at my good job.

"Thanks! So, what are you doing?" she asked, probably staring at my castle that is at least five feet high!

"Building a..." I began but, stopped when I glanced at her face for the first time.

She was so pretty with long brown hair, and bright brown eyes. She had the cutest smile ever, and she was smiling at me! Mommy, is she my princess?

"Um...uh...a...ah...a castle," I said stuttering while staring into her brown eyes.

"Really?" she asked, her brown eyes sparkling with excitement. "Can I help you?"

"S-Sure," I nodded eagerly.

We worked together for the next few minutes or so,trying to finish the sandcastle. After it was done, it stood tall and proud. It was like one of those real castles you find in those story books!

"It's done!" Jiyeon exclaimed loudly, giving me her cute smile.

"Yeah! I can't believe we finished it! It looks amazing," I said, my lips turning up, forming a big smile.

"It does," she said eyeing the castle with pride. She turned back towards me. "So, Myungsoo how old are you?" she asked.

"I'm seven years old!" I grinned, holding up seven fingers.

"Really? I'm six years old!" she said, doing the same thing and showing six of her small fingers.

"What school do you go to?" Please say my school, please!

"I think it's called Seoul prep." she said, trying to remember her school name. "I think I've her my parents talking about that name before."

Yes! She goes to my school. "You must be new right?" I asked. I mean, I think I would remember my own little princess.

She nodded. "My family just moved here last week."

Yay! Thank you Jiyeon's parents! "Cool, so I guess we'll be seeing each other a lot then?" I asked hopefully. I didn't want this to be the last time I talked to her.

"Of course!" she said right away.

"Yeonnie time to go!" a guy yelled loud at her.

"Who's that?" I asked, Jiyeon.

"My brother," she answered, getting up from the spot next to me. "Well, I guess I'll see you later," she said, waving goodbye as he headed towards her brother.

I stared at her debating whether to call her or not one last time. Finally, I just screamed out, "Jiyeon!"

They stopped, and Jiyeon turned around, giving me her adorable smile. "Yeah?"

"Um...bye!"

She giggled a little, calling out, "Bye L!"

L? Maybe that means love, I kind of like that. I think it's cute, just like her. Whatever, I'm her L.

"Did you have fun sweetheart?" Mmmy asked me as I appeared in front of her.

"Yeah!" I exclaimed. "I built a huge sandcastle!" I told her, showing her with my hands how big and wide it is.

"That's nice, sweetie," she said, patting my head. "Who was the girl you are playing with?"

"Um, no one!" I squeaked out, blushing slightly. I hope my mom didn't see that...

"Whatever you say, sweetheart," she said, grinning like one of those kitty cats. It was a bit weird if you asked me.

"Myungsoo! Dude pay an attetion!" Baekhyun said, snapping me out of my daydream.

"I am!" I shouted back at him.

"Sure," he said chuckling and rolling his eyes at me as he went back talking to some chick.

Crap! I can't believe I'm daydreaming about that! I haven't even thought about that since the incident ten years ago.

Image