Chapter 7

True Love (You're Beautiful FanFic)

 

<3 I want to thank everyone who supported me :D As always, enjoy!


Chapter 7

Hwang Tae-Kyung's Point of View

I looked up, but of course I couldn't see anything. I felt a hand on my shoulder, I reached up and touched it. It was Mi Nyu's hand. "Mi Nyu? What are you doing here?" I asked, squinting, struggling to see her.

"Nothing. I couldn't sleep so I went out for a walk. What are you doing outside at night when you can't see?" she asked, concerned.

"I can't sleep either. My flashlight died on me." I muttered, embarrassed.

"I'll take you back." she whispered, taking my hand and guiding me back to the orphanage.

Say something, you idiot. Before she takes you back to the house.

"Uh..Mi Nyu.." I began.

"What is it, Hyung-nim." she asked.

"So the kids are coming back tomorrow after they visit the amusement park.." I said nervously.

Why am I so nervous? This doesn't make sense.

"Ah yeah. They are coming back. I am glad. I miss them so much." she said.

I imagined a smile on her face when she said it even though I couldn't see her facial expressions. I sighed happily.

Mi Nyu is magic. She appears and my troubles are gone. But would they come creeping back to me when I am alone again? That doesn't matter. I will make good use of the time with her.

"So today..about that kiss." I said with a hesitant tone. She didn't say anything but I felt her body stiffen. "I want to let you know I am not mad at you or Shin-Woo because I know it's all for the band." I said, letting out a sigh.

"I am sorry Hyung-nim. I didn't mean to upset you." Mi Nyu apologized.

"It's not your fault and I understand." I laughed a little, "You had to take one for the team."

"We're here. I'll turn on the lights for you and turn them off when you go into your room. Do you want some water before you sleep?" she asked.

"Yeah." I replied.

She quickly ran to the fridge and grabbed a cold water bottle and handed it to me before turning on the lights. "Thank-you..Mi Nyu" I said, softly.

"Good night, Hyung-nim." she said.

"You too." I said, walking up the stairs. I opened my room and sat on my bed drinking the water. I heard the lights turn off and Mi Nyu walking up the stairs and closing her room door. I laid down and stared at the ceiling once again.

I love you.

It was my last thought before drifting off to sleep.

I woke up to screaming and yelling coming down from downstairs in the kitchen. I groggily walked down stairs only to hear Jeremy and Go Mi Nam arguing. "What is going on!" I demanded, furious that they woke me up.

"I-i-it was his fault." Jeremy said, pointing a finger at Mi Nam.

"Nuh-uh! You started it!" Mi Nam yelled, pointing his finger at Jeremy.

"I don't care who started it! Quit acting like babies!" I yelled, walking to the fridge and helping myself to a bottle of water. It was hot again. I drained the cold water and threw away the empty water bottle. I spotted a heart-shaped omelet on the table. "What's this about?" I asked.

Jeremy smiled cunningly, "It's for Sang-Hee, Go Mi Nam made it."

"Did not! Stop trying to frame me!" he whined.

I looked around the kitchen.

Strange.. I don't see Shin-Woo. Doesn't he wake up early?

"Hey, where's Shin-Woo?" I asked

"He went with his mother to the summer house to help unpack and tidy things up. Coordinator Noona and Manger Ma went too." Jeremy replied.

"Sang-Hee didn't go?" I asked, not caring.

Go Mi Nam guessed my intention and said "Mi Nyu is still sleeping here."

I was relieved but acted annoyed, "I didn't ask about her."

"You asked it in your mind." he countered.

"Since when can you read minds?" I asked.

"Since you fell in love withmy sister." he said.

"Hmph." I grumbled.

As I walked back to my room Sang-Hee opened her door. She yawned and stretch before catching sight of me. She smiled, "Good morning Oppa! Did my mother and brother leave?"

"Yeah." I said.

"Oh darn!" she frowned.

"Hey, go into the kitchen. Go Mi Nam has something for you." I said, smiling darkly.

"Huh? Go Mi Nam is giving me something?" she asked confused.

"Mhmm. Go." I said nodding my head towards the kitchen.

She ran downstairs and the quarrel began again.

"Sang-Hee! Sang-Hee! Look what Go Mi Nam made for you!" Jeremy screamed.

"I did not!" Go Mi Nam yelled.

"Oh wow! This is super cute!" Sang-Hee screamed in delight.

"I made it for you!" Go Mi Nam said.

I sighed and opened my door. "Good morning, Hyung-nim." Go Mi Nyu said, exiting her room while rubbing her eyes.

"Oh. Good morning." I said, "Did all the yelling and screaming wake you up?" I asked.

"Huh? Is someone fighting?" Mi Nyu asked.

"Well not anymore. Go downstairs and eat breakfast." I told her.

"You're not going downstairs?" she asked.

"No. I drank my morning water already." I said.

"Hyung-nim, where's Shin-Woo hyung?" Mi Nyu asked.

"He went with his mom to the summer house to unpack and get it ready for us to move in." I said.

"Oh." she said, "Well I am going downstairs now."

I walked into my room and closed the door behind me.

Should I have asked her to go on a walk with me? Well I have nothing to do..I should wait until she eats breakfast.

"Go Mi Nyu! You're awake! Sit down, I made you an omelet!" Jeremy happily said.

Yeah, I guess I'll wait.

I was lying on my bed listening to music and thinking when I heard a tap on my door. "Come in." I said. Mi Nyu walked in with a water bottle in her hand.

"I thought you'd be thirsty so I got you some water." she said, holding it out to me.

I took it, "Thank-you." I said. I patted the bed, motioning her to come sit next to me.

She stared at her feet and blushed.

Why is she blushing? Oh is because I want her to sit next to me..on the bed?

I smiled secretly and composed my annoyed face. "Mi Nyu, are you refusing to come sit next to me?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

She slowly walked over and sat on the edge of bed keeping a careful distance from me. I sighed and and scooted closer to her, leaving a few inches of space between us. "Tch. You're scared of me? You're real boyfriend?" I asked.

She covered my mouth with her hands. "Shh! Why are you being so loud! What if Mother appeared and overhears?"

I removed her hand, "What? Mother? You're calling her 'Mother' now?" I asked, my eyes widening.

She looked at the floor, "Of course. She asked me to call her that from now on." she said shyly.

I exhaled sharply. Sensing the tension, Mi Nyu stood up, "I should leave." she said softly.

I grabbed her hand, "No. Stay" I ordered.

"No, Hyung-nim." she said.

I looked her in the eye. "What's wrong?" I asked.

She smiled, "The kids should be arriving now. I should go greet them."

"Oh. I'll come with you." I said, getting up.

Before we exit the room, I pulled her into a hug. "Sorry for getting angry. I didn't mean it." I apologized.

"Hyung-nim, I don't take your anger seriously anymore." she said, pulling away and grinning.

"What? Why is that?" I asked.

"You always get angry and then you say sorry and I forgive you. It's almost a routine. So I no longer need to take it seriously because you know that I'll always forgive you no matter what you do." she said, smiling.

"Fine. Then I no longer have to apologize." I said, scowling.

"Hey Mi Nyu! The kids are back!" screamed Go Mi Nam from downstairs.

"Yeah! Hurry up! I am going to go say 'hi' to them!" Jeremy yelled.

"Let's go, Hyung-nim!" she ordered.

"Gemma! Gemma! We missed you!" the little kids shouted, running into Mi Nyu's open arms.

"I miss you guys too!" Mi Nyu cried.

After the greetings were done, Jeremy, Go Mi Nam, and even Sang-Hee volunteered to play with the kids. I stuck by Mi Nyu's side as she walked with another nun.

"Gemma, how have you been?" the nun asked humbly.

"I've been well. How about you? Were the kids behaving?" Mi Nyu asked.

"I am doing good. Yes, the kids were very obedient. They really wanted to come home and thank Jeremy for giving them so many things." the nun smiled.

"That's good. I owe Jeremy big time." Mi Nyu said, smiling.

"Mi Nyu, are you aware that Mother Superior will be going back to Korea tomorrow?" the nun asked.

"She's in Africa? No, I didn't know." said Mi Nyu, surprised.

"Yes, she's here right now at a the church in town. She's filling in for a friend that was ill. She'll be leaving tomorrow and I stopped by at the church today to say goodbye. She told me she wanted to talk to you tomorrow before she leaves." the nun informed.

"Oh. Of course I'll go meet her. What time?" Mi Nyu nodded.

"Noon. I'll tell her tonight." assured the nun.

"Thank-you so much, Sister." Mi Nyu said.

We spent the rest of the afternoon playing with the children while Jeremy and Go Mi Nam cooked dinner. Shin-Woo and his mother came back early to eat dinner with us along with Manager Ma and Coordinator Wang.

After the prayers were said and the elders served first, the little children dug in hungrily. "I see you're good with kids, Mi Nyu." Ms. Kang complemented.

"Yes, she is. She absolutely loves them." said one of the nuns.

"Oh is that true, Mi Nyu?" Ms. Kang asked.

"Ah yeah, Mother." replied Mi Nyu.

Shin-Woo smiled while I scowled. "Tae-Kyung Oppa, you need to eat more vegetables" scolded Sang-Hee, adding more greens to his plate.

"Uh. Thanks" I said.

"Here Mi Nyu, chicken is very good for you." said Shin-Woo, giving her a piece of chicken.

"Thank-you Shin-Woo hyung!" Mi Nyu said, happily biting into the meat.

"Ah. My kids are growing up." Ms. Kang sighed.

"Eww." the children said in sync.

"Hey you guys will fall in love sooner or later too!" Mi Nam teased.

"Yeah. Your uncle Mi Nam is in love." Jeremy said.

"Really Jeremy? Don't start." Mi Nam said through his gritted teeth.

We laughed and enjoyed the dinner. After dinner the kids were ordered to go sleep by the nuns while Go Mi Nam, Jeremy, Manager Ma, and Coordinator Wang helped washed the giant pile of dirty plates. Mi Nyu, Sang-Hee, Shin-Woo, Ms. Kang, and I went to the living room.

Mi Nyu sat next to Shin-Woo and I sat next to Sang-Hee who held my hand. We were facing Ms. Kang who sat across from us. "Shin-Woo, I want you to learn how to be more open about your relationship like Tae-Kyung is."

"Yeah Oppa! Be more open!" Sang-Hee said, laughing and leaning her head on my shoulder. I resisted the urge to roll my eyes.

"Therefore, you cute couples are going to go on a double date tomorrow with me accompanying you." Ms. Kang said with a smile.

DOUBLE DATE? Me? With Sang-Hee? Mi Nyu with Shin-Woo?

"T-tomorrow?" Mi Nyu stuttered.

"Yes, I already made a dinner reservation and plans. Why? Is that not a good day?" Ms. Kang asked.

Of course it's not.

Not wanting to hurt Ms. Kang's feelings Mi Nyu said, biting her lip, "N-no, that's a great day."

"Great! Tomorrow it is. I'll have Shin-Woo pick you up at noon. I should leave now, it's getting late. Let's go Shin-Woo, Sang-Hee." Ms. Kang said.

"G-goodnight. Drive safely." Mi Nyu whispered.

"Tae-Kyung, you can move into the summer house the day after tomorrow. Everything is set. Manager Ma and Coordinator Wang know as well. Tell your hyungs okay?" said Ms. Kang.

"Yes. I will. Thank-you." I said.

"Bye Tae-Kyung Oppa! See you tomorrow!" Sang-Hee said. She gave me a peck on my cheek and I held my hands together tightly so they don't rub the kiss off.

Before leaving Shin-Woo stared at Mi Nyu's face for along time. "Are you okay Mi Nyu?" he asked.

"I am fine. Please drive home safely, Shin-Woo hyung." she said with a troubled face.

"Oppa! Let's go! Mother is tired!" Sang-Hee yelled.

"I have to go now. I'll see you tomorrow. Bye Mi Nyu. Sleep well." he said.

Mi Nyu closed the doors and leaned on the door with her eyes closed. "What am I going to do?" she asked miserably, " I have to see Mother Superior."

"Well, what are you going to do?" I repeated.


Well I haven't started on Chapter 8 yet..BUT here's a sneak preview. Note that I might change or not use these lines at all in the next chapter BUT (yes, another BUT) the plot would still be the same.

Go Mi Nam's Point of View

"The oranges! That has to be the correct size!" Jeremy exclaimed. He quickly rushed to the fridge and took out the bag of oranges. He then carefully selected two that were almost the same size and handed it over to me.

"I can't believe I am doing this!" I cried.

"Shut up and quickly stuff them down your shirt! I hear Shin-Woo's car outside!" Jeremy yelled.

"Jeremy, what's with all the commotion?" Shin-Woo asked.

"Oh..hehe Shin-Woo Hyung..You're here." Jeremy smiled sheepishly.

"Is that..Go Mi Nam in Mi Nyu's clothes?" he asked, utterly confused of the current situation.

"I'll explain." I said with confidence.