Chapter 18

True Love (You're Beautiful FanFic)


Greetings! I think most of you will like/love (same thing) this chapter~ ^_^! So enjoy enjoy enjoy!

NOTE: If you forgot what/why Mi Nyu is doing please review the last section of chapter 13. That is all. Thank-You once again!! ^_________^


Chapter 18

Hwang Tae-Kyung's Point of View

The instance our lips collided, a spur of indecisive thoughts rushed into my head.

You're so close to her... You can feel the sweet warmth of her... Her lips are on yours... You love her...

I closed my eyes to enjoy it. My heart pulsated in eager agreement.

You promised to be her best friend and to stay only as a friend... She's not yours... Who cares? I want to be selfish right now...

I pressed against her.

She's getting married...

I sighed internally. That single thought alone broke down my will. I removed my lips away from hers and quickly slithered close to the other side of the hollow tree.

You're right. She is getting married... To another man... Not me...

She remained in the same position I left her. Her eyes were still open from shock. I caught myself unconsciously touching my lips. I shut my hands to form a tight fist and held it to my mouth. I cleared my throat loudly. She snapped out of the trance and briskly turned her head towards the bark, hiding her face from my eyes.

She's embarrassed? Or is she ashamed?

"Yah...That...was your fault," I said slowly.

She didn't answer, instead she pushed herself closer to the end of the tree. A sudden flush of guilt plagued me.

I didn't even do anything! It's not like I kissed her back. Our lips accidentally touched. It's that simple.

The intensity of the rain cooled down to a light sprinkle as guilt consumed me. "Yah! Go Mi Nyu! How long are you going to hide your face from me?" I asked after a few minutes of unbearable silence.

Go Mi Nyu's Point of View

What...just happened? We kissed?

Hyung-nim's sudden cough awakened me from my dumbfounded stupor. I flung myself in the opposite direction of him. I hid my face against the soft, wet bark.

I can't be found out.

"Yah...That...was your fault," his voice reached me in the darkness.

I didn't reply because my shaking voice will rebel against me and destroy everything I set up for the sake of Hyung-nim. It saddened me that my strength that I built up can come so close to tumbling down just because of a kiss.

I can't be discovered. I have to protect Hyung-nim.

I breathed in healthy doses of refreshing air and soon enough I was back to normal. Normal as in the state in which I can face Hyung-nim with confidence without exposing my secrets.

"Yah! Go Mi Nyu! How long are you going to hide your face from me?"

Hwang Tae-Kyung's Point of View

She faced me with a solemn look. "It is my fault. I should have been more careful. I am sorry, Hyung-nim," she bowed her head.

My anger dissipated and my scrunched up face relaxed. "Mi Nyu...does your leg still hurt?" I softly asked.

"No, it's okay now," she said. She moved her injured leg away from my scrutinizing eyes. "Ah," she cried and grabbed her leg.

I rolled my eyes.

Why does she have to lie to me?

I scooted closer to her and took hold of her leg. She resisted and tried to pull away. I held on to it firmly and stared straight into her eyes. "Stay still. Don't move this time," I cautioned her with my eyes.

"Tsk. Tsk. Tsk," I clicked at her, "Look how swollen it is. It'll be very sore tomorrow. Why are you always so clumsy? Didn't I tell you to be careful?" I asked, pressing down on her red, soft skin.

"Ah!" she winced and touched my hand. I froze at her touch. She quickly caught on to my stiff reaction and removed her hands. "Please be more gentle, Hyung-nim," she asked while looking at the ground.

"Yah...What's up with the awkwardness? The cold, hard floor can't possibly more interesting than I am," I said, feigning hurt.

"You started it," she replied.

"Well we wouldn't be stuck in here if you didn't fall," I countered.

"It was your fault that I tripped."

"What? How was it my fault?" I questioned.

"If you waited for me I wouldn't have tripped!"

My eyes grew wide. "Go Mi Nyu, you're blaming your uncoordinated movements on me? The number one male singer of all of Korea?"

She gave me one delinquent nod. "Why you little-" I added a tiny pressure to her foot.

"Ah! Hyung-nim!" she cried.

I gave her a playful smile. "Do you still hold me liable for your injury?" I asked.

She half nodded but thought about it and fervently shook her head. I laughed and continued to delicately soothe the pain of her ankle.

"Hyung-nim," she whispered a couple minutes after.

Without gazing up, "Huh?" I asked, concentrating on the circular movements of of palms.

"Are you cold?" she asked.

I looked up and met her large, shiny, brown eyes.

I am cold.

I smiled. "No."

She frowned. "You're lying, Hyung-nim," she claimed.

I sighed. "What a day it is! I was first blamed for causing a bruised ankle and now I am being called a liar by my best friend!"

Go Mi Nam's Point of View

I glared at the sky as the soft water droplets caressed my skin.

It's raining. Where is Mi Nyu?

"Shin-Woo, look," I said, pointing to the darkening soil.

Shin-Woo stuck his hand out and gathered a tiny puddle in his hands. "Is Mi Nyu and Tae-Kyung back yet?"

I shook my head. "We should go find them," I suggested.

"No, you stay. I'll go search for them. They can't be far from here and it's faster for one person to go," he insisted.

"But my sister-" I started to complain.

"My fiance," he interjected.

I couldn't think of a better argument. "Aish, fine. You go," I gave in.

Shin-Woo went into his tent and came out with the jacket he was wearing in his hand and two umbrellas in the other. He changed into a light sweater.

"Why did you take you jacket off?" I asked.

"Mi Nyu might be cold," he said and walked away.

"Ah, I see."

Is he always this prepared? It didn't even look like it was going to rain this morning and yet he brought umbrellas?

I ped the door to access my tent. Jeremy was laying down on his stomach with his feet up, giggling to himself as I stepped in. He took a bite of his apple and continued to chuckle. "Jeremy, what are you doing?" I asked and took a seat besides him.

He pointed to a sentence in his book and frowned at me. "Shh! I am almost at the good part."

He glanced back down and resumed his laughter. I noticed a pile of other chapter books next to him. They were all romantic comedy novels.

I snickered. "You read these?" I picked at his books. He stopped and slapped my hands. "Don't touch those! They haven't been released to the public yet. I don't want you to mess with them."

"Then how did you acquire them? Through illegal dealings?" I joked.

"You wish! M friend knows a friend who knows a friend that is the author," he replied, showing me his tongue.

"Tch. Who reads when you have movies?" I rhetorically asked.

I dug in my luggage for my PSP. Jeremy kept on bursting into a series of spastic chortles as I annihilate satanic monsters attempting to destroy the world. His joyous laughter ruined my gaming mood. I turned my game off and chucked it into my bag.

"Yah! Your laughing annoys me."

He put one of his fingers to his mouth. "Shh!"

I laid down on my sleeping bag and listened to the rain pattered down on the water-proof tent.

It's raining really hard. I hope Mi Nyu is okay.

I turned to Jeremy and sat up. "Hey, in those books, there are love triangles right?"

Jeremy book-marked his page with his pinky. "Yeah, why?"

"Who usually gets the girl?" I asked.

Jeremy pondered my question. "The...person who needs love the most," he answered.

"And what do you mean about that?"

"The guy that is seemingly perfect but is really lacking something essential. That is the guy that gets the girl," he said, "It's like the girl teaches him what he is missing and they learn from each other. In other words, not to be corny, but they complete each other."

I laughed. "You're so deep, Jeremy. This is like the first time I ever seen you reflect deeply on something."

He stuck his tongue out. "I take my dramas seriously for your information Go Mi Nam."

So let's see, out of Shin-Woo and Tae-Kyung, who will need Mi Nyu more. This should be amusing.

I yawned and pulled my blanket up to cover my face. "Wake me up when Mi Nyu comes back," I said.

"Mi Nyu and Tae-Kyung Hyung didn't come back yet?" Jeremy asked.

I nodded my head, assuming he saw it. "Shouldn't we be looking for them?" he asked.

"Shin-Woo is doing that. Jeremy, can you quietly resort back to your lovey-dovey story so that I can get some shut eye?"

"Hmph."

Hwang Tae-Kyung's Point of View

"I don't want the jacket back. I am not cold. Just keep it," I ordered. I pushed her hands carrying the jacket away.

"Hyung-nim, if you just wear it for five minutes..."

"I said I don't need it!"

"Just five minutes! Then you can give it back to me!" she insisted.

I sighed. "How many times do I have to tell you. I am not cold. I am fine."

"If Hyung-nim doesn't wear it then I won't either!" she laid it gently on the small gap that separated us.

"Mi Nyu! Why are you being so stubborn?"

"I am not! I just feel it's unfair that I am warm and you're not! I am just worried that you might get sick," she clarified.

"Well I am worried you might get sick! Don't worry about me and start taking care of yourself."

"No. If you're cold then I deserve to be cold as well," she said, determined.

"Aish. You're driving me crazy! You know that?"

"It's fair this way," she explained.

"Fine. I have an idea that will keep us both fairly warm."

Her eyes got big. "W-what do you mean...Hyung-nim?"

I took my jacket from her hands and wrapped it around both of us. "There. I am warm. Happy?"

She began to scoot away but my hand on her shoulder stopped her. "You said you didn't want me to be cold and I said I didn't want you get a cold. This is the only solution so stay put," I whispered. I dropped my hands down and wrapped them around her waist.

She leaned away from me but the arms tightened. "S-shouldn't we call Shin-Woo and tell him where we are?" she asked, obviously uncomfortable.

Always about Shin-Woo...

I pursed my lips. "There's no need for that. We'll just go back when the rain stops," I said. "And plus, I didn't bring my phone with me. I left it in my tent."

She searched her pockets for her while I angrily stared at the bark, the ground, and outside.

"Oh no!" she cried.

I examined her. "What's wrong? Is your foot hurting again?" I asked.

"No it's not that. It's just that I forgot my phone too!"

Good.

"Who cares?" I asked.

"Hyung-nim! You shouldn't be like that. It's going to get dark soon and we'll get lost," she chided.

"Then maybe we shouldn't try to go back to the camp tonight. Maybe we should just sleep here until tomorrow morning."

"Sorry, but that won't be possible," a man's voice entered the tree.

Shin-Woo popped out in front of the base of the tree and gave us a warm smile. "I've come to rescue you."

"Shin-Woo Hyung..."Mi Nyu said mindlessly.

I was annoyed. "How did you find us, anyways?"

"I saw Mi Nyu grab some red yarn before leaving with you so I assumed that those pieces of string tied to trees every twenty feet or so was Mi Nyu's doing," he explained. He tapped the side of his head and smiled lightly. "The rain stopped. Let's get back to the camp site." Shin-Woo gave her his hand.

Mi Nyu nodded her head as she took his hand gently. Her diamond ring on her finger sank my heart. "Ah,yeah, Shin-Woo Hyung."

She got up and fell slightly. I reacted quickly and caught her. I gave her a stern look. "Why do I have to repeat myself over and over for you?"

"Huh?" she ask, confused.

"Be. More. Care. Ful," I emphasized each syllable.

Shin-Woo's face scrunched up, his face crumbled in worry and concern. "Mi Nyu, you're hurt? Where?" Shin-Woo asked. He pulled her out of the tree slowly. His eyes noticed her slight limp as she walked out. I followed behind her with my palms a couple inches away from her back in case she fell again.

Clumsy girl, are you that exited to be reunited with Shin-Woo that you even forgot about your injury?

He bent down and examined her leg. He touched her ankle delicately and stared up at her. "What happened?" he softly asked.

"I-I fell, Shin-Woo Hyung," she admitted shyly.

"I see. This won't work," he said. "Get on my back," he ordered.

opened in shock. "What?"

Instead of repeating his words, Shin-Woo pulled her down onto his back and lifted her up with ease. "Are you comfortable?" he asked, turning his head to see the side of her face.

"Ah...yeah," she hesitantly replied.

"It's still sprinkling," he remarked. "Here," he passed her his gray jacket, "You must be cold. Put it on."

Mi Nyu took it in her hands and before putting it on she took off my jacket and handed it to me. "Hyung-nim, please take this back and wear it."

I snatched it from her hands and shrugged it on.

She replaces my jacket with his. How ungrateful!

She seemed hurt at my rude action but she carried on and wrapped Shin-Woo's jacket around her shoulders. "Mi Nyu, can you hold the umbrella for us?" Shin-Woo asked. He raised an open white umbrella up and gave her the handle. She took it from his grasp and held it high so that it was covering both of them. "Tae-Kyung, I also brought you an umbrella," he informed. He presented me a black umbrella which I promptly took.

"Let's go now," he said.

I walked behind them under my pitch black item held above me.

I could have sworn I saw Shin-Woo packing more than two umbrellas. Why didn't he bring one more?

My eyes narrowed and I pursed my lips.

Injured or not injured Shin-Woo had already planned beforehand that he was going to share his umbrella with Mi Nyu.

I tightly clenched the wooden handle.

No...why should I be angry? Why should I care if he wants to have Mi Nyu under his protection? It's not my problem, so why should I care?

The image of our kiss earlier spontaneously replayed in my head and left me stunned. My heart raced again and I felt my blood rushed eagerly to my face. My feet were no longer under my control. It was as if my brain told me 'You should care because this...happened.' I angrily dispelled the recent but distant memory.

It meant nothing. Our relationship is all in the past now.

I waited for my heart and brain to rebel against my thoughts, but the opposite happened. My heart calmed and the blood left my face, leaving both feeling cold and numb.

"Hyung-nim! You are falling behind!" Mi Nyu shouted from a distance.

"Don't yell Mi Nyu, you'll hurt your voice," I heard Shin-Woo lightly scold her.

"Ah, yeah. I am sorry," she quickly apologized.

I took my time walking to catch up to them.

What should I do?

"Yah, Go Mi Nyu, get off his back," I said with an annoyed look.

Both of them shot me confused stares. I stared back, refusing to back down. "Shin-Woo, didn't you say you hurt you back a few months ago?"

Shin-Woo huffed. "I can bear it," he said. He was obviously hiding his pain.

"No, you can't. Stop it now or you'll endanger our concerts in the future if you can't perform the rigorous choreography," I warned.

"Shin-Woo Hyung, you're hurt too?" Mi Nyu asked. Shin-Woo nodded a little. "What Hyung-nim is talking about is right." She slid off his back.

I walked beside her and bent down. "Get on."

"Ah..no it's okay. I can walk myself," she said.

She limped away for a few feet before almost tripping again. I sighed angrily. "Mi Nyu, don't be stupid right now and get on my back," I hissed. I bent down again and motioned her to climb on.

She ignored me and continued limping ahead. "Mi Nyu..." Shin-Woo called, striding forward to grab her arm.

I can't loose this chance.

I caught her wrist Shin-Woo could and flung her onto my back. "Hyung-nim!" she shouted in shock.

"I wouldn't have done that if you weren't so stubborn," I muttered. "Yah, hold my umbrella like you did with Shin-Woo."

She obliged and held the black umbrella above our heads. I smiled internally. I walked faster to put some distance between us and Shin-Woo. "We're going ahead, Shin-Woo" I announced.

Once we were out of his hearing distance I slowed my footing. "Why do you keep shuffling around? Are you that uncomfortable? Would you rather prefer on Shin-Woo's back?" I asked, half teasing and half curious.

"I prefer..." she stopped mid-sentence.

"Prefer who?" I pushed her on.

"I..I..." She suddenly dropped the umbrella and let go of her grasp on my shoulder, held her hands up to her face and sneezed.

I tipped back. "Whoa! Whoa! Mi Nyu!" I cried, struggling to regain my balance.

She reacted quickly and grabbed hold of my shoulders again. We swayed back and forth for awhile before I could stand straight. I let out a breath of relief and turned my face to frown at her. She gave me an apologetic look and begged me with her eyes. "I am sorry! Hyung-nim."

She saw my disgusted face and remembered my strong dislike of germs. "Can you let me down, Hyung-nim?" she asked, softly.

I set her down and she avoided eye-contact with me. Her eyes were glued to the floor, ashamed of what she has done.

I dug into my pocket and pulled out a bottle of hand sanitizer and offered it to her. "Here, quickly use it so we can get back to camp before both of us gets sick," I mumbled. I applied some of the germ extinguisher on myself before passing it to her.

She laughed. "Hyung-nim carries hand sanitizer?"

I rubbed the alcohol on my skin. "The world is a dirty place."

She giggled again and handed back the container. I bent down again to let her on.

"Let go again and I'll just let you fall. I am serious. If you do something like that I'll just release you," I forewarned. "Hold on tight this time and never let go." I moved my hands up and forced her hands that laid on my shoulder up to my neck She curled her arms around my neck like a anaconda. I gasped for air and pulled her hands away. "Yah! I know you hate me but do you really have to show it?"

"Hyung-nim! I do not hate you! It was your fault! You said to hold on tight and that is exactly what I was doing!" she argued.

"It was a exaggeration! I didn't mean to hold on that tight!"

"I am sorry, Hyung-nim," she said.

"Hmph. You think saying you're sorry can solve everything huh?"

I smiled. She leaned over, "Hyung-nim, are you smiling?" she asked, returning a smile of her own.

My smile disappeared and replaced with a scowl. "Yah, I am getting soaked. Why are you not holding the umbrella?"

"Ah..." she looked at the floor and pointed to the fallen umbrella, "Hyung-nim, I dropped it."

I sighed and retrieved from the floor. I shook it quickly to get some of the muck off and handed it back to her. "Hold that and hold onto me," I commanded.

"Ah, yeah," she said.

I smiled again but this time I carefully hid it.

We were extremely close to the camp. It was getting darker, making it difficult for me to see. "Mi Nyu," I whispered.

"Hmm?" she replied in a drowsy state.

"It's okay if you sleep on my shoulder," I said.

"No...I am okay...I do not want to be a burden..." she slowly said, drifting off.

I snickered. "You've been and always been a burden on my shoulders. It doesn't make any difference right now." I reached up to touch her hair and gently guide it down to my shoulder. Her head felt hot. "Yah..Go Mi Nyu, are you okay?" I asked. There was no response. "Mi Nyu?"

A hand reached out and touched mine. It brushed my hand off and Shin-Woo's hand pressed on her head. "Tae-Kyung, we have to get back fast. Mi Nyu is getting a fever," Shin-Woo said urgently. "I can see better and my back is really fine. Give her to me," he said.

I couldn't bring myself to disagree especially when Mi Nyu was like this. "Okay," I agreed. He took her up and started running ahead. I swiftly followed behind, tripping from time to time.

Go Mi Nam's Point of View

"Go Mi Nam! Wake up! Mi Nam!" Jeremy shouted and kicked my sleeping bag.

I rolled over and groaned. "Shut up!" I mumbled in my groggy state. I covered my ears with my pillow but Jeremy continued to shake me. "What?" I burst.

"Mi...Nyu..I don't know what happened but they carried her in like she got hurt!" Jeremy wailed.

What? They're back and she's hurt?

"He's dead. Tae-Kyung is so dead," I said. "Where are they?" I intensely questioned Jeremy.

Jeremy backed away and pointed towards the left side. "In Sang-Hee's tent treating her."

I ped my tent and stepped outside.

It stopped raining.

I stepped into her tent with my muddy shoes. Mi Nyu was lying down with blankets covering her. She was unconscious and looked sickeningly pale. "Go Mi Nam, remove your shoes immediately," Tae-Kyung said from behind me. He recently entered the tent carrying a roll of gauze with him.

"You," I narrowed my eyes, "I need to talk to you." I pulled his wrist and dragged him outside. Before exiting the tent he threw the roll to Shin-Woo, who was kneeling beside my sick sister.

"What the hell did you guys do? What the hell did you do to her?" I shouted.

He stayed emotionless. "Go Mi Nam, you're sister is resting. Lower you voice," he simply said.

"Answer my questions!" I whispered harshly.

"It was my fault. I shouldn't have asked her to come with me to collect branches," he admitted. "Now if you will excuse me, I have to tend to you sister." He pushed me aside and returned to her tent.

"Yah...You actually took full responsibility? And for someone other than yourself?" I muttered to myself.

Sang-Hee stepped out. "Mi Nam.." she greeted.

"How is she?" I asked.

"She just has a bruised ankle and has a little fever. She'll be better by tomorrow," Sang-Hee assured.

"Oh, is that so? Please take care of her then," I begged.

She nodded. Jeremy ran out of his tent and grabbed Sang-Hee's arm. "Is my Mi Nyu okay? Is she...going to die?" he turned his face in sorrow, "Sang-Hee...tell me the truth. I can take it.."he sobbed.

"This idiot here..." I mumbled under my breath, "Sang-Hee, you go in and take care of my sister. I'll deal with him."

Sang-Hee laughed. "It's okay, Jeremy. She's not going to die from a small fever."

Jeremy quickly wiped the tears that were streaming down his face. "Really? I must see her!" he declared.

As he took one huge step to towards the tent, I grabbed his collar and pulled him back. "No, you can see her in the morning. Let her rest," I said.

"Aw! Fine!" he succumbed. Jeremy scrambled back to his tent. It wasn't a surprise that he resumed reading his drama books.

Hwang Tae-Kyung's Point of View

"It's too crowded in here. I'll take care of the rest. Both of you can go back to your tent and sleep," Sang-Hee said as she dunk the small towel into a basin of warm water. She laid it upon Mi Nyu's head and nudged her brother out of the way. Shin-Woo stood up and tilted his head towards our tent at me.

"You go ahead first. I'll stay here for a little longer," I said.

Sang-Hee rolled her eyes. "And do what?"

"I want to be here until the fever subsides. I'll leave once it goes down," I said.

"Tae-Kyung Oppa, her fever is going down and it's just a fever. Why are you worry so much? Go and sleep."

"Tae-Kyung, like Sang-Hee said, it's too stuffy in here. Let's go and let Mi Nyu rest," Shin-Woo calmly insisted.

I gazed worriedly at Mi Nyu's peacefully, blank face. I didn't want to leave her but I have no choice. I prolonged the time it took to leave in case Mi Nyu happened to wake up. But in the end she did not open her eyes.

After I changed my wet and dirty clothes, I laid down in my sleeping bag and the events of this evening drift through my head until I fell asleep.

I rolled over and bumped into the edge of the tent. Uncomfortable and annoyed of having that wake me up, I shifted to the other side and shut my eyes.

Mi Nyu...

I bat my eyes open and I noticed the early sun was shining through the light fabric of the tent.

"It's morning," I yawned.

Shin-Woo did not stir and was still fast asleep. I made my way quietly out of the tent without disturbing him. The fresh, after-rain air smell was appealing and musty. I smiled to myself to feel such a nice sensation.

"Good morning, Hyung-nim," a voice to my right greeted.

I turned and saw Mi Nyu standing beside her tent. "Mi Nyu...Good morning...Did you sleep well? Are you okay?" I asked.

She lightly smiled. "I am fine now and I slept well."

I coughed, embarrassed of my series of concerned questions. "Well, that's good," I said.

"Hyung-nim, I never seen you awake this early before," she giggled.

"I couldn't sleep," I lied. "The landscape completely changed after a night of rain huh, Mi Nyu? It's pretty," I said, changing the topic.

Her eyes twinkled. "Hyung-nim, do you want to see what I found yesterday?"

"What do you mean?"

"I found this small meadow just over there," she pointed into the direction of it.

"Should we?" I mulled over that idea.

She began walking past with a limp every other step. I sighed and stepped in front of her. I knelled down and offered my back to her.

I walked in the direction of where she pointed at. I could feel her smiling at liveliness of nature in its purest form. "Am I still going the right way?" I asked after a few minutes of peace passed.

"Yes, we are almost there," she assured.

"Are you sure there's even a meadow here?" I asked, doubtful.

"Trust me," she said with a smile. She unwrapped one of her arms around my collar and gave me a thumbs up.

"Remember what I said about letting go?" I frowned.

She quickly returned her arm back into the same position. "You wouldn't really let me fall," she said.

"Oh I wouldn't? Are you sure? You want to test that?" I dared.

"No, Hyung-nim. It is okay. I trust you," Mi Nyu said.

"Tch. I'll trust you if that meadow you speak of actually exist."

We reached a break of trees and behind the thick mass of wood, there was a petite clearing.

Mi Nyu dropped down and stood besides me. "It looks like you have to trust me now," she grinned.


 

Did you like it? I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I had fun writing it! Thank-you so much for ALL the reviews and comments. I appreciate the support! :D!

READ ---> REVIEW ---> =D