Chapter 12

True Love (You're Beautiful FanFic)

 

First of all LOL at all the oppositions to Shin-Woo x Mi Nyu. I knew I was going to get some reactions but not this many..

Second Shout outs! Er. Or "Read Outs" I suppose. @YunhoRulz: Your comment gave me the idea for this chapter! THANKS! ^_____^!

@Everyone who was like "Danm Shin-Woo. Tae-Kyung FTW!": XD sorry it's not a drama without Shin-Woo time. :D

BTW regarding this chapter...For Shin-Woo lovers, it's your lucky day.

For Tae-Kyung hearters :\ 

Anyways ENJOY! And no DEATH THREATS kay? :D

 


Chapter 12

 

Shin-Woo's Point of View

Her hand laid loosely in my grasp. We didn't talk, there was no need. It was peaceful and quiet besides the soft chatting of other couples that past us. I smiled a little.

If only this was real.

Mi Nyu glanced at me and smiled nervously.

She still isn't comfortable around me.

I don't hate Tae-Kyung, I envy him. Not because he had Mi Nyu but because she is herself when she's with him.

Maybe it's because he's bolder than me. All I do is watch from afar.

"OPPA! COME BACK HERE!" It was Sang-Hee's voice. Mi Nyu jumped a bit, startled. I turned around and so did everyone within our proximity. "Let's go," I whispered.

"Ah yeah, Shin-Woo hyung," she nodded her head.

I took her to where my mother and Sang-Hee sat. Tae-Kyung was standing near the bench and as usual he was scowling.

"Shin-Woo, let's go somewhere to talk," my mother said, dragging me by the arm. When we were out of hearing range, her eyes became excited and almost childlike.

"You love her don't you?" she asked, her words seething with hope.

My heart pounded.

I do but it's a one-sided love..

I swallowed my brain's urge to say 'no' and repeated after my heart. "Yes."

She beamed. "Shin-Woo, as your mother, I know you the best. So I know that you really love her. And as you're probably aware, I am getting old," she sighed.

I didn't know where she was getting at. She's not usually the person who hesitates to speak their mind yet she's obviously doing it right now. I waited for her to get to the point.

"Son, you always know how much I wanted grandchildren. Everyday I have been worrying if I'll ever see you get married or if I will see your children grow up," she said mournfully, "I think it's time for you to settle down. She's perfect in every way. Don't loose her."

I already have.

It pained me to see the joy and happiness wash out of my mother. "I am not trying to force you, Shin-Woo. I am just advising you," she said.

I sighed.

If I do it and Mi Nyu says no, then hopefully she'll understand that we're not ready for marriage. This is the only way that will hurt her less.

I nodded. "You're right Mother. I will ask her."

She beamed, the red rushed back into her face. "Really? How about tonight? Oh I can't wait!" she shouted excitedly.

She wants me to do it tonight?

I began to sweat and panic. I winced at the thought of how Mi Nyu will reject me.

I doubt she'll go to an extreme and harshly say no. She would probably decline politely. But I wasn't sure how Tae-Kyung will react. Should I tell them? No. It will just add on to the embarrassment and give me unwanted attention. I might as well get over with it tonight. The sooner I do it, the better and the more time for me to stitch my heart back together.

I didn't reply, I just nodded. My mom did a little dance she always does when she's too excited to contain her merriment. In the middle of her jig, "Shin-Woo, I packed us lunch. It's in your trunk."

We strolled to my car and retrieve the items and walked back. She squealed when Mi Nyu was in sight. "Future daughter- in-law!"she shouted under her breathe.

I managed to force a laugh. "Come, come. We have a picnic to enjoy," she skipped towards them. I sat down next to Mi Nyu and started eating. My mom tilted her head towards the tub of tomatoes and nodded towards Mi Nyu. I stretched out my arm and took hold of one. "Mi Nyu," I whispered as I shakily dropped it in . She ate it awkwardly and shyly smiled.

I stared blankly at the grass, lost in my thoughts of how to propose. I didn't notice that everyone was finished eating until Sang-Hee asked Tae-Kyung to rent a small boat. Mi Nyu perked up, she seemed interested.

"That sounds like a good idea. Do you want to go Mi Nyu?" I asked gently.

She nodded eagerly and grinned and in reaction my heart pounded. I rented two boats, one for me and the other for Tae-Kyung. He bitterly climbed in the boat, refusing to help steer it. My poor yet blissful sister began pulling away from the shore. I helped Mi Nyu into the boat before I went in. It was one of those kinds of boats where we have to use our legs to move it. I smiled as I glanced over to Mi Nyu, who was struggling to peddle after a few minutes. "I'll do it Mi Nyu, just sit and enjoy the view," I said softly.

"Shin-Woo Hyung," she started to object.

"It's okay. I'll do it," I cut in.

She nodded her head and removed her legs off the pedals. When we were at the middle of the lake, I stopped. I could feel my mother's eyes burning a hole through our boat. "Mother is probably watching us, I saw carrying binoculars earlier," I joked.

Mi Nyu believed me and without another word she leaned her head on my shoulder. It seemed forced but I didn't care. I could pretend. I put my arms around her.

Yes, it's good to pretend.

"Shin-Woo Hyung, can I ask you something?"

"What is it?" I asked, my chin on her head.

She laughed. "Stop it! It tickles."

I moved my head and laughed. "Sorry."

"Shin-Woo Hyung, can you tell me what happened on the double date with you and Oppa? Hyung-nim didn't tell me anything. He's hiding something," her eyes narrowed.

Tae-Kyung didn't tell her anything?

"What do you want me to tell you?" I asked, expecting her to ask me about Tae-Kyung.

"Hyung-nim mentioned a problem. What was it?" she asked.

"Hmm. Oh you mean at the restaurant?"

She nodded her head in agreement but I could tell that she had no information at all about the situation. "Let's see.." I didn't want to tell her because it would be very uncomfortable for me but I couldn't stand not telling her. "I had to replace the..oranges for Mi Nam because they were ruined due to the intense heat...and I gave it to him on my way back. It was a success no one noticed. Not even Sang-Hee," I didn't tell her about Tae-Kyung touching Mi Nam's chest because I didn't want to worry her or embarrass Tae-Kyung even more.

She laughed. "Really?"

I smiled and nodded. "Oppa is so funny! Did he give you a hard time Shin-Woo Hyung?" she asked.

"Not really. But he sure likes to make jokes at times he shouldn't be," I said, remembering the paper bag incident. "Did you have fun with Jeremy yesterday?"

She nodded. "Yes, Jeremy dressed like a monkey and walked through the entire mall with me."

"Was Go Mi Nam responsible?" I asked, incredulously that Jeremy was that daring.

She sighed. "Oppa also likes to cause trouble."

I laughed. "Shin-Woo Hyung, Hyung-nim and Sang-Hee are back on land. Should we go back?" she asked.

I looked around and saw that Tae-Kyung was indeed off the boat. I held in my disappointment. I wanted to spend more time with her. I sighed and started peddling back. I got off first and helped Mi Nyu out. In an attempt to have more time with Mi Nyu alone I asked, "Shall we keep on strolling then?"

"No, let's go home. Shin-Woo has something very important to do. Let's go out for dinner tonight, just the five of us again," my mom winked at me.

No doubt she's telling me to go buy the ring right now.

The drive home was quiet. Tae-Kyung's bad mood clashed with my mother's blissfulness, thus canceled each other out and created a neutral atmosphere in the vehicle. I dropped them off. My mother slipped a thick roll of hundred dollar bills into my hands before getting out the car. I stared at her questioningly. She winked at me. "Get a nice one." She closed the door gently and walked away with Mi Nyu. I sighed.

If only Mi Nyu could accept my proposal and forget Tae-Kyung. Then I would love-

I caught myself and forced all of the impossible thoughts out of my head. I busied my brain by concentrating on driving. I skimmed through the city to find a suitable jeweler.

I couldn't buy just any ring for her. It had to fit the wearer.

I scolded myself under my breath for thinking such thoughts.

She's not mine, Shin-Woo. So stop with the stupid foolish thoughts. But..then again..if she said yes..No. She wouldn't. But if she did..wouldn't that make her mine?

A car honked behind me. I looked at the traffic lights. Green. The driver behind past me, still honking angrily. I stepped on the gas. It wasn't like me to zone out like this. I spotted a promising store.

"Welcome! How may I assist you?" the store clerk asked.

"I am looking for a engagement ring," I replied, looking at the rings in the glass cases. His two female employees were whispering and giggling.

"Don't you two have something to do in the back?" he hissed at them.

"What?" they asked.

"Oh, I don't know. Like maybe, working for once?"

The girls glared at him. "Fine." They trudged off to the other room.

The store clerk whipped around and grinned. "I am sorry. They can't stop gossiping. You said engagement rings? Here are the latest arrivals," he said, pointing to the glass box in front of him. I walked over.

Which one would match Mi Nyu's innocence...and her shining smile...

My eyes locked onto a sparkling white gold ring. "It's perfect," I muttered.

The clerk heard me. "You have good tastes, sir. That ring just arrived about a hour ago, no other store has it because it's suppose to be released next month. Our boss has connections with the company that made it," he smiled, "But sadly this is our only one."

I couldn't take my eyes off of it. Little diamonds circled the band, complementing the central, large diamond. It was cut in a way that it gleamed at any angle. "Is it size five?" I said asked, still staring at the radiating ring.

"Yes," he said.

"I'll take it then," I said confidently.

He gently took the ring out and delicately put it in a velvet box. "You're girlfriend is very lucky. Stores worldwide tried to get this ring before it came out but none succeed, except for ours," he said proudly, typing on the cash register.

My girlfriend...

I quickly paid for it with my money and returned to my car. I smiled before igniting the engine. I put the box on the dashboard and backed out of the lot.

Why do I feel so wonderful all of the sudden?

My phone rang. I quickly checked the I.D., it was my mother. I fumbled around with the bluetooth headset. "Hello?"

"Shin-Woo, where are you?" she asked.

"I am on my way home right now. Why? Do you want me to pick something up for you?"

"No. Did you buy it?" she whispered.

I laughed. "Yes, I bought it already."

"Where is it?"

"In front of me. On my dashboard."

"Did you come up with an idea on how you're going to propose? Like a speech?"

"No, not yet." I replied.

"Well then, to motivate you, I'll tell you something. Go Mi Nyu said she loves you."

My heart raced.

It has to be a lie. It has to be.

"R-really?" I stammered.

"Good luck. See you in awhile. Bye," she said.

Before I knew it I was at home. With the car parked, engine off, and keys out, I sat there motionless and dazed, staring at the ring that laid before me.

She couldn't have said that. She couldn't. She wouldn't. She doesn't love me. Why did she say that? It's only making it harder on me. And if she said no to my proposal after she told Mother that she loved me what sense does that make? No sense at all. Then again if she does love me..even a little...

Sang-Hee knocked on my window. I faced her. "Oppa! What are you doing?"

I quickly hid the box in the glove box and opened the door. I locked the car with my keys. "Nothing, I was just resting. Is there something wrong?"

She sighed. "Mi Nyu is pretty upset and Tae-Kyung locked himself in his room."

My eyes widened. "Did they get in a fight?"

She nodded her head slowly. "Why? What happened?" I asked.

"I don't know," she said glumly. "I was hanging out with Mi Nam," she added with a smile.

"Where is she?"

"I don't know. Probably on the rooftop mopping," she said.

I took off without another word. I reached the roof in a minute flat. "Mi Nyu?" I asked, searching for her.

"Shin-Woo Hyung," a soft voice said. I turned my head in the direction of the depressed voice. She was sitting in a corner and leaning on the railings.

"What's wrong?" I asked, warmly.

She held her head down. "I wronged Hyung-nim," she said sulkily.

"Hold your chin up or you're not the Mi Nyu I know," I comforted her.

And love.

She held her head up and tried to smile. I smiled back and patted her hair. "What happened?" I asked, quietly.

She shook her head. It hurt a little.

She doesn't want to tell me..are we not close anymore?

I didn't want to force her to tell me so I let it go. "Let's go to the kitchen, I'll make you some nice, nerve-calming tea," I smiled tenderly.

She nodded her head and clumsily got on her feet. I walked behind her, prepared to catch her if she falls. She stumbled down the stairs and tripped once. I caught her and scolded her lightly to be more careful. While I brewed a pot of tea, Jeremy came in. "You! Come here!" Go Mi Nam shouted.

"AH! Wait! What? What did I do!" Jeremy cried.

Go Mi Nam charged at him. "JEREMY!"

Jeremy stood there with his hands covering his face. "OW! Ow! Ow!" he cried even before Go Mi Nam touched him.

"You will meet your death today!" declared Go Mi Nam.

Jeremy flinched as Go Mi Nam ran past him and into the living room. "Dude! C'mon! Let's play! I am so going to own you!" Mi Nam yelled, running back in with a controller in his hands.

Jeremy dropped his hands. "You want to kill me? Not in real life but in the virtual world? Right?" he asked in a shaky voice.

"Duh. I am too young to spend twenty years in prison," Mi Nam replied.

"You're on, old man!" Jeremy shouted, running into the living room. Swords clashing and yelling ensued. Sang-Hee sighed thoughtfully while Mi Nyu eyed her questioningly. I poured myself and Mi Nyu a cup of tea. "Sang-Hee, would you like some as well?" I asked.

She shook her head and continued to look towards the room where the boys were playing. Mi Nyu didn't touch the tea, she just sat there still looking depressed.

I have one girl that's lovestruck and one that looks looks like she has fallen out of love..what am I going to do?

I drank the tea slowly and when I finished I started to wash the cup.

"Bam! Headshot! And Jeremy wins!" Jeremy whopped.

"What? How did you do that? You cheated! You have a special move manual under your shirt!" Go Mi Nam accused.

"Do not! You're just jealous because I have skills and you don't!" Jeremy cried.

"Oh yeah? Then why does your chest look like its popping out and squarish?" asked Go Mi Nam.

"I workout! These are my abs! My abs! Real men have abs, Mi Nam. Don't you dare make fun of my rock breaking abs!" Jeremy defended himself.

Jeremy ran into the kitchen and took something under his shirt and hid it behind the refrigerator. He put his fingers to his lips and walked away. Mi Nyu giggled while I sighed.

I sat down next to Mi Nyu and looked outside through the giant glass window. Everything was orange.

The sun is about to set.

"Mi Nyu," Sang-Hee whispered, "what did Tae-Kyung Oppa do?"

Mi Nyu put her head down on the table. "Nothing. It was my fault," she said, her voice muffled by the table.

I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her head up. "Didn't I tell you to keep your head up?"

She nodded and shook off my hands. I tried not to take it to heart but I had to admit, that gesture hurt a little.

My mom came in, stretching and yawning. "My Mi Nyu and Shin-Woo are here. Where's Tae-Kyung, Sang-Hee?" Mother pleasantly asked.

"In his room," replied Sang-Hee.

"Well go get him. We're going to go to dinner now," my mother commanded.

"What about me?" Jeremy asked, poking his head into the kitchen.

"Us?" Go Mi Nam corrected, pushing Jeremy to the side.

"My personal chefs are coming over in a bit and they'll cook anything you want," Mother smiled.

Jeremy's jaw dropped. "A-anything I want?"

Mother nodded. "What should I eat first? Cookies? Ice cream? Pie? CAKE?" Jeremy returned to the living room, contemplating on his dinner. Go Mi Nam shrugged and walked behind Jeremy.

"Round two?" Mi Nam asked.

"Banana sundae? Blueberry muffins? Cinnamon buns? CHUROS? " Jeremy said.

"What? Oh never mind. I'll play by myself," Go Mi Nam muttered. Sang-Hee went upstairs to retrieve Tae-Kyung.

"Wait! I need to grab my purse," Mother said, leaving the kitchen as well.

"Let's go to the car first," I said. She nodded and stood up. I was worried that she might trip and fall so I wrapped my arms around her waist to secure her balance. Her body stiffened at my touch. "It's okay. I don't want you to fall. That's all," I said, hiding my pain.

We made it to the foot of the stairs. Mother was already there. "Shin-Woo, are you ready to go?" she asked.

"Yes," I replied dropping my hands. Tae-Kyung came down the stairs, reluctance in every footstep. He glared at me momentarily before flickering his eyes at Mi Nyu and quickly looked away. I noticed that Mi Nyu was looking at the floor again.

With everyone assembled we got in the car. I didn't feel comfortable having Tae-Kyung sitting so close to Mi Nyu but I couldn't do anything. Mother would get car sick if she sat in the back. I kept glancing at the mirror to see if Mi Nyu is fine.

"Did you get it?" my mother asked, doubting that I bought a ring. I took my eyes off of Mi Nyu's reflection and nodded.

"Is it pretty?" she asked, still not convinced.

My eyes trained back on Mi Nyu. "Y-yes, Mother."

I heard Tae-Kyung snicker. Mi Nyu and I glanced at him. He was glaring at the window, not paying attention. Mi Nyu sighed silently and continued to look at him. It saddened me to think that I am always looking at Mi Nyu but Tae-Kyung is always in her eyes.

"Turn right Shin-Woo," Mother reminded me.

I turned the engine off.

This is it. The place I am going to propose to her.

I went up to the room with them and when they sat down, I quickly excused myself. I got back into my car and drove to a florist store, but I didn't go in. Not yet. I needed to perfect my speech. I went through it in my mind, crossing out the lines I didn't like, inserting new phrases, and mixing up the words. Even with the finish product, I wasn't satisfied because the meaning itself in the speech seemed fabricated.

You will always be mine...I couldn't say that..because you never were mine to keep.

I was frustrated with the lies in my proposal.

I should just tell her my heart. Show her it. That way I wouldn't have to lie through my teeth in front of my mother. She can choose to accept it or not. She won't accept it. But...

I tried to eliminate that stupid seed of hope growing in my heart.

I need to prepare to tell Mother the entire truth if..no, when Mi Nyu says no.

I exhaled. I felt defeated.

There's no other way. Mi Nyu told my mother that she 'loves' me and it wouldn't make any sense if she rejected me. I need to tell her the truth in the least painful way.

I hit myself in the head.

Why didn't I tell her the truth from the start? I am a fool.

In my head I went through different scenarios on how I should tell her and how I believe Mother would react to the news.

I need to be straightforward. I need to be confident in myself.

With a nod I got out the car and entered the store. I bought the biggest and most beautiful bouquet of white roses they had.

At least I should stay consistent till the very end.

I checked the time when I started the car.

They should be done eating by now.

I parked in front of the restaurant and hesitantly opened the glove box. It fell open and revealed the tiny velvet box. I took it and put it in my pocket and grabbed the flowers with my other hand. I took a deep breathe and went into the building. I maintained my breathing pace in order to tame the nervousness that threatened to knock me down.

I stood before the door that separated me from Mi Nyu. The air in my lungs rushed out of me all of the sudden. It took be awhile to calm myself. I could hear the plates clanking in the room and Mother talking to Mi Nyu and Sang-Hee.

Did Tae-Kyung leave?

For a minute I felt relieved.

It would be better if he is absent for this.

I opened the door and almost immediately felt Tae-Kyung cold glare at me. My eyes connected with his for a second before I broke it and focused on Mi Nyu.

I have to do this.

"Mi Nyu, I remember everything about you. I know by heart your favorite foods, your favorite hobbies, your favorite color. Even with my eyes closed, I can only see you. I hope you can take my sincerity into your heart and treasure it because I will cherish you no matter what. There will never be a moment that you will feel unappreciated when you're by my side," I said fervently.

Kneel down, fool.

I obeyed my heart and knelled down in front of Mi Nyu. I removed the small box from my pocket and opened it to release it's brilliance to the room. "Will you marry me and stay by my side?" I asked seriously, with my head down.

I don't care about this facade anymore. It seems real so why not go with the flow? I can deal with the pain of this later.

I looked up at her but her eyes weren't on me, they were fixed on Tae-Kyung.

Danm it...

My heart ached. She slowly turned back to face me. Her eyes were pink and teary.

She's crying?

I wanted to stand up and hug her and tell her it'll be okay. I wanted to tell Mother the truth. But before I could move, her lips parted and nodded her head once. "


 

...did I just type 'yes' :O! Nooooooo. and the drama will ensue D= 

Lol, Shin-Woo lovers are probably jumping up and screaming. Don't get too crazy. :d

SO....ROFL. Jeremy knew Mi Nyu's...you know what size...while Shin-Woo on the other hand knew Mi Nyu's ring size. So what does Tae-Kyung know? Her heart size? XD

Note for Tae-Kyung followers: DON'T YOU DARE STOP READING :(!