Chapter 16

True Love (You're Beautiful FanFic)

 

Updated finally. ^_^ My writer's block barrier diminished which means I've figured everything out! thank-you for all the positive reviews. Enjoy reading!


Chapter 16

Hwang Tae-Kyung's Point of View

Despite the fact that my speakers is turned up all the way, I could hear the ruckus downstairs. I stood up and opened my door, annoyed. "Camping trip? Camping trip! Yay!" I heard Jeremy shout in delight.

"Yes, you're all going to have to wake up early tomorrow since the ride there is long," informed Ms. Kang in a soft, gentle voice.

"Mi Nyu! We're going camping tomorrow! I'll show you how to fish!"

I scowled.

Camping? Who would want to sleep in the woods?

Go Mi Nam stepped out from his room and smacked me on the back. I bounced. "What do you think you're doing, Go Mi Nam," I frowned at him.

"You going with us tomorrow, right?" he asked.

I turned my head up. "Go where?" I snickered.

He rolled his eyes. "I know you heard. How can you not hear Jeremy's screech?"

I scoffed. "Why do I have to go?"

His eyes turned dark. "If you don't, I can't guarantee that I will stop Shin-Woo from making his move on Mi Nyu."

I swallowed my anger. "And I would care because..?"

He cheered up and gave me a smile. "You're bothered by that thought. I'll go tell the others you're going," he patted my back.

I glared at him as he walked away because he was right. It did agitate me. How irrational I am.

"Tae-Kyung is going with us tomorrow," I heard Mi Nam announce.

Jeremy cheered loudly. " Hyung is going too? Yay! It's going to be so much fun!"

I closed my door when I heard footsteps coming up. "Looks like you're not going to be alone with Mi Nyu tomorrow," Mi Nam's voice broke through the mahogany wood.

Shin-Woo laughed. "Of course not. I was just joking earlier."

Mi Nam laughed along. "Good, because if you two were going alone; I'd have to break your face."

Shin-Woo stopped laughing. "So you're on Tae-Kyung's side now?" he asked in a more serious voice.

"I am on the side of the guy that I know can treat my dear sister well," he replied.

"You're so sure that he can make her happy?"

"No, and I am not sure you can either. Right now I am going to lean towards Jeremy,"Mi Nam answered honestly.

Shin-Woo sighed. "He really can make her happy. At least more than I can right now."

"So what are you going to do now?"

"I am going to make her the happiest woman on Earth," Shin-Woo responded with determination.

I pulled my ears away from the door and rubbed it. I could tell that it's very red and irritated.

He's really going to do it.

I shook my head.

Enough of this nonsense. Who cares if he's going to get her?

I sighed. A knock interrupted my thoughts. From the corner of my eye, Sang-Hee entered. "What is it now?" I asked in an annoyed voice.

"Oppa, I am here to help you pack," she said joyfully.

I raised my eyebrows at her. "Pack?"

She nodded her head enthusiastically and headed for the drawers where I kept my personal belongings. "Yah! Who told you that you can come and dig in my stuff!" I yelled at her, quickly getting on my feet.

It was too late, she pried the wooden doors opened. "What are these Oppa?"

In her hands held the greatest memory that I treasure. "Are these movie tickets? Whoa! They're from almost year ago! They're pretty old! Why don't you trash them, Oppa?"

I stormed towards her and quickly yanked them from my hands, creasing them slightly. "DON'T TOUCH THOSE!" I shot her a murderous glare.

She stepped back and raised her palms facing me. "They're just tickets! No need to scream at me!"

Her words dissolved my icy stare. I glanced down at the two tickets that used to be in mint-condition but now have deep wrinkles embedded into the small, thick rectangular papers.

She's right. These are just tickets now. They mean nothing. The memories that they carry will no longer be significant but a painful memory of the past. How foolish I was to hold onto these and smile proudly whenever I touched them.

Sang-Hee dropped her hands to her sides and relaxed. "Oppa...I am sorry. I didn't mean to make you angry."

I ignored her and pushed past her to the drawer.

Why am I still keeping you? To depress or anger me? To remind me of the best times of my life or to torment me?

I scowled as I threw them back into their dark home.

"Oppa.." Sang-Hee whispered. She laid her hand on my shoulder which I rigidly shook off.

I closed my eyes and pinched the bridge of my nose. "Get out. Now," I ordered gently.

"Oppa...I am..."

"Just get out!" I yelled.

She flinched at the loudness and walked out the room; only looking back at me once before exiting.

I sighed heavily. I glowered at the closed cabinet.

Those tickets...Why do they mean so much to me? Sure they're the tickets that marked my first date with her. But why are they so important to me now?

I vividly remembered that day. The day I officially made her mine. I can perfectly recall what she wore, the smell of her sweet shampoo, the taste of her soft, elegant lips. I caught myself smiling at this reminiscence. I furiously shook my head.

But why? Why am I so unwilling to throw them away? What is the benefit of keeping those relics?

Sang-Hee's Point of View

I wonder why Tae-Kyung Oppa got all defensive when I touched pieces of worthless paper? Why did he hold them as if they're precious to him? Does he really cherish them?

I quietly shut his doors. My heart still beating rapidly. "Sang-Hee?" a quiet voice called out behind me.

I whipped around. "Oh! It's you. You startled me!" I cried, putting a hand on my chest.

Mi Nyu looked past me and glanced at Tae-Kyung's door curiously. She slowly raised her hand and pointed at it. "What were you doing in Hyung-nim's room...?"

It took me awhile to recover from the shock. "I was just helping him pack up some clothes for tomorrow. That's all," I shrugged. I decided to filter out the shouting part in order to prevent scaring Mi Nyu.

She looked at me with her big brown eyes full of confusion. "You touched his clothes?" She shook her head as if she made a mistake. "I mean, helet you touch his clothes?"

"Not quite..." I trailed off, shuddering at the recent memory of his booming voice.

She laughed. "Hyung-nim doesn't like people putting their hands on the things he wears. He considers it unsanitary and a major crime. Not a lot of people know this, not even Jeremy or Shin-Woo; but he's scared to death of other people's germs getting on him. They think it's just part of his perfectionist personality."

"Oh...I didn't know. But thank-you for the knowledge," I said.

She gave me a kind smile. "Once you get to know him, he's not that bad."

She turned and went into her room. I stood in the hallway idly for a minute to soak up what she just said.

She knows a lot about him. Maybe, just maybe, she really does care for him.

Jeremy's Point of View

The sweetness of sugar combined with the softness of a pillow creates the most wonderful item in the world that man kind knows. A marshmallow is not only light as cloud but soft as a pillow.

"Oh, you're such an amazing, luscious delicacy. You're so sweet, I can eat you all day," I mumbled in my sleep.

"Jeremy," the delicious item whispered to me as I took a big bite.

"What is it?" I whispered back.

"Jeremy...I am not edible..." it cried out.

I giggled. "Of course, you are silly!"

A stern male voice spoke out to me. "Jeremy, really. Pillows are not edible."

My eyes snapped open. Mi Nam's face was the first thing I saw. I scrammed away to seek shelter on the other side of my bed. "What are you doing in here? And why the hell were you in my face?"

Mi Nam fell backwards, laughing. "Did...the..pillow...taste as good as you said it does?"

"Shut up! It was a dream! A dream!" I defended myself.

He chuckled even harder than before. "Oh, pillow, you're so effortlessly tasty! I can eat you all day long!" he mimicked me, his body shaking uncontrollably.

"Go Mi Nam! Get out of my room! Get out! Get out!" I got off my bed and attempted to shove his vibrating body out.

He allowed me to push him along. "Don't go back to candy land. We have a camping trip to go on soon," he informed me, still guffawing.

"I know! Now GO AWAY!" I yelled at him.

Before I could slam the door in his face he said, "Jeremy, I know this will make you tremendously happy! We're going to make s'mores tonight! And you know what that means! Marshmallows!"

Once the door was closed shut and locked, I pulled at my hair. "Aish! That stupid Go Mi Nam! Interrupting my dreams and poking fun at me! I'll get him back!"

Shin-Woo's Point of View

I sat at the long time in the dining room. Mother came in as I added a spoonful of tea leaves. "Good morning," I greeted her.

She took the seat next to me and yawned delicately. "Morning, Son."

I frowned. "You need to sleep more," I scolded.

She laughed gently, "I am getting enough sleep."

I rolled my eyes. "Don't lie to me. I can see those bags under your eyes."

"Quit worrying about your old mother and pour her a cup of tea," she commanded.

I stirred it a little longer until the water turned the exact shade I desired. I reached for an empty cup beside me and tenderly filled the teacup. She took it and inhaled the steam deeply. "You always make the perfect batch," she commented.

I smiled and poured myself a glass. We sipped on our tea in silence to emphasize the unraveling of stress. She glanced at her watch after some time passed. "Oh my, we have to wake them up now or we'll be late."

I stood up and collected the used cups. "I'll get them ready after I wash these," I said.

Mother studied me before nodding her head. "Shin-Woo, I know you're concerned. But I assure you that I've already made the correct arrangements. You don't have to worry so much."

I calmly exhaled. "I know and I trust you. Thank-You."

She smiled. "Are you sure you want to do this?"

"Yes."

She sighed. "You're so foolish and brave."

Hwang Tae-Kyung's Point of View

A pressure on my shoulder awoken me. I brushed it off and turned to the other side. Again, a human touch disturbed my sleep. I blinked and locked on to the source of my agitation. I glared at up him. "What is it now?" I mumbled, tugging on my blankets to cover my head.

"We're going to leave soon. It's best if you get up now," Shin-Woo calmly said.

"I will. Five more minutes," I dealt.

He didn't argue with me, instead he quietly left my room. I threw the blankets off and stared at my blank ceiling. I can't go back to sleep now.

I know what I am to her now. It's clear to me now, that my relationship with her in the past no longer matters. I am just going to make her happy no matter the cost.

I moved my legs to the edge of the bed and sat up.

Today is the day.

Sang-Hee's Point of View

"Sang-Hee...Sang-Hee...Sang-Hee..." a light voice called through the darkness.

I groaned and leaned away from the voice. "Sang-Hee..."

"Whaaaaaat," I sleepily whined.

"You have to wake up now. Mother wants us to get prepared."

I opened my eyes. It was dark but I could the that the outline of the figure is Mi Nam.

"Shall I let some light in?" he asked politely.

I yawned loudly. "Sure."

He left my side and spread open the curtains. I squinted and opened my eyes slowly to allow them to readjust.

"I guess I'll see you downstairs then," he shyly said.

"Wait," I called out to him.

He turned around with a glint of hope in his eyes. "Yes?"

I rubbed my eyes. "Is Tae-Kyung awake too?" I asked.

The sparkle disappeared. "Yeah, I think so."

"Okay, I'll be out in awhile."

Jeremy's Point of View

"Good morning Mi Nyu!" I hopped besides her.

Shin-Woo and Go Mi Nam are loading food into the trunk. While Tae-Kyung is being a grumpy pants and sitting in the backseat with Sang-Hee. Mi Nyu seemed distracted. "Mi Nyu?" I waved my hand in front of her face.

She snapped out of it. "Huh? Jeremy?"

"I said 'good morning Mi Nyu' What's wrong?" I asked, following her gaze in the direction of Go Mi Nam's car.

"Good morning, Jeremy," she belatedly answered.

Manager Ma came out of the house and clapped his hands. "We're set and ready to go now, right?"

Mi Nyu and I looked back. Ms. Kang stood next to Manager Ma.

"Yeah! We're done!" Go Mi Nam shouted from the car.

I grinned. "Let's go!" I grabbed her hand and ran towards Shin-Woo.

Shin-Woo was going in the opposite direction of us. When we came face to face, I halted. "Shin-Woo Hyung, where are you going?"

He smiled evenly. "Go Mi Nam is driving you guys. I'll be driving my car with all the supplies."

"But aren't there supplies in Go Mi Nam's car too?" I asked.

" My car is filled with sleeping bags, blankets, and pillows. His car contains only some of the stuff and they're in the trunk.. No one, I hope, is going to sit in the trunk right?"

I immediately pictured Go Mi Nam being thrown in, tied with duck tape and a cloth preventing him to utter a word. "Hehehehe..." I laughed.

"I'll be going now. See you," he said. Shin-Woo gave Mi Nyu a quick hug before trudging to his car.

Ms. Kang smiled at us. "Enjoy your trip. I don't know how I am going to live two days without you!"

Mi Nyu bowed her head. "Ah yeah. Good bye, Mother.

Go Mi Nam's Point of View

Once everyone was in the car I inserted the keys and the engine roared to life. I looked back to make sure that they were all seated. Tae-Kyung sat next to one side of the window with Sang-Hee next to him followed by Mi Nyu. "Looks like we can leave now," I muttered, turning around again. I rolled my eyes at Jeremy who sat in the passenger seat next to me. He promptly stuck his tongue out.

"That's disgusting," I commented.

Jeremy pulls at his eyes and proceeded to stick his tongue out further. "Jeremy, stop that," Tae-Kyung scolded from the backseat.

Jeremy retracted his tongue. "Sorry Hyung," he apologized.

"Why do you always listen to him but not me?" I asked.

"He's far more superior than dumb Go Mi Nam," Jeremy replied.

"I bet you're just scared of him. Just like everyone else," I retorted.

"Nuh-uh!" Jeremy denied.

I pulled out of the driveway and followed Shin-Woo's white car. The car was unbearably silent. I the radio in an attempt break the awkward ice. Jeremy changed the station and the sound of happiness erupted in the vehicle. "Hell no, Jeremy," I growled.

I quickly pressed a button that automatically switches back to the previous station. Rap flowed through the surround sound speakers.

"Why!" Jeremy objected. He flipped back to his song of joy.

"Jeremy! Quit it! My car. My music!" I yelled as I stabbed the button.

"But I LIKE this song!" Jeremy argued.

"I don't care if you MARRY this song! We're listening to rap and that's final!"

"Mi Nam! You're inhibiting my rights!"

"You have no rights! Not one!"

"No! I do have rights! I am going to sue you!"

"Sue me all you want! We're still going to listen rap!" I shouted.

"Stop yelling, you guys!" Sang-Hee chirped into our heated battle.

"No we're not! We need something that agrees with our mood! And that mood currently is HAPPY," reasoned Jeremy.

"I don't care. Your songs are crap!"

Sensing there's no hope in stopping us, Sang-Hee turns to Tae-Kyung. "Oppa! Help me end this!"

I glanced at the mirror and saw that Tae-Kyung was quietly sleeping with his head leaned on the window pane.

How the hell can he sleep through this?

Sang-Hee's Point of View

"Oppa! Help me end this!" I cried. But he didn't respond. He was still fast asleep. "Oppa!" I called again but I got the same results. "Oppa," I whispered and touched him lightly.

He opened one mean eye. "What?" he asked icily. He propped his head up and removed two small objects from his ears. Upon further inspection, I realized it was ear plugs.

The violent exchanges halted. "Tae-Kyung Oppa, why were you wearing ear plugs?" I asked.

He shrugged his head and pointed to me, Go Mi Nam, and Jeremy.. " Because I know that you, you, and you, will be too loud, which annoys me," he replied nonchalantly.

"Hey! I am not loud!" Go Mi Nam yelled, looking back briefly to connect eyes with Tae-Kyung.

"Oppa, please keep your eyes on the road," Mi Nyu instructed.

"I am!" Mi Nam shouted.

"Look! Everyone needs to CALM DOWN," Jeremy screamed.

"Only if you start first!" Mi Nam fired back.

Tae-Kyung sighed and inserted his ear plugs back in. He closed his eyes and became a living stone sculpture.

Go Mi Nam's Point of View

We've been driving for three hours now. Shin-Woo's car never moved out of my view. I glanced back and saw something horrible! "Mi Nyu!" I forcefully whispered. She blinked rapidly and stretched her arms out.

"Huh?" she sleepily asked.

"Can you move Sang-Hee's head off of Tae-Kyung's shoulder?"

"Huh?" she turned her head. Sang-Hee was sleeping snugly on Tae-Kyung. "Okay..." She held Sang-Hee's head and adjusted it to the correct position. It fell back in place and Mi Nyu rushed to keep it still. But it was futile, her head was attracted to Tae-Kyung.

My phone rang. I grabbed the device and inserted it in my ear. "Hello?"

"Shall we take a quick ten minute break?" Shin-Woo's voice came from the ear piece.

"Most definitely. Next exit?" I asked.

"Yeah, there's a rest stop," replied Shin-Woo.

"Okay. Bye," I said, taking the bluetooth out.

I spotted the sign that marked the exit and veered right. "Hey everybody get up. We're going to get some fresh air," I said. Jeremy was sleeping soundly with drool gathering at the corner of his mouth. Mi Nyu poked Sang-Hee to wake her up, who nudged Tae-Kyung. I relaxed a bit. When everyone was starting to wake up except for Jeremy, I parked and yelled, "Jeremy! Wakey wakey!"

He shot up and flung his hands up to cover his ears. "No!" he cried.

I stole my keys form the ignition and ran off with Jeremy swiftly zoning on me.

Hwang Tae-Kyung's Point of View

The air was still. The sunlight earlier disappeared in the glob of dark, gray clouds. Nonetheless it was peaceful and I liked it. "Hyung-nim," a familiar voice called.

I continued to stare at the horizon. "Are you wearing those ear plugs still?" she asked.

I turned around and looked at her. "No."

"You love your job, right? As a singer?" she randomly asked.

I don't know where she was going with this. "Yes," I sighed, "It's my only love in life now."

She nodded her head. "Yes, I am doing the right thing then," she muttered under her breath, so quietly it was barely audible.

I cocked my head. "What?"

She shook her head. "Nothing."

My eyes narrowed. "You're not telling me something."

"I don't have anything to tell, Hyung-nim!" she immediately denied.

"Tell me," I sternly ordered.

"Oppa!" a shrill interrupted.

I exhaled sharply. "Aish, now," I grumbled.

I reached for my weapons of defense in my pocket. I stuffed them in my ears.

"Oppa!" I heard the muffled voice.

I pushed them in further until I heard her voice no longer.

Sang-Hee's Point of View

I retrieved two cold water bottles from the vending machine and set off to find Tae-Kyung. "Have you seen Tae-Kyung Oppa?" I asked Shin-Woo.

"I think he went that way," he pointed. "Why are you looking for him?"

"To give him one of these," I said, I showed him the item.

I skipped in the direction of where Shin-Woo pointed to and I spotted Tae-Kyung. I saw that he wasn't alone; he was with Mi Nyu. He was inspecting Mi Nyu's demeanor. Mi Nyu has every right to be scared out of her socks with the glare Tae-Kyung was shooting off.

Time to play hero!

"Oppa!" I yelled as I ran. He flinched and fumbled through his pockets. "Oppa!" I yelled again. Mi Nyu relaxed as Tae-Kyung's attention was taken off her.

Mission successful.

"Tae-Kyung Oppa! I got you a water bottle!" I smiled and held one up to him. He took it and drank some.

"Oppa! I don't even get a thank-you?" I complained.

He ignored me and walked back towards the car. "Hmph!" I stomped the ground.

Go Mi Nam's Point of View

Tae-Kyung trudged towards the car. I sneered at him. He pretended he didn't see it and sat in his seat. Sang-Hee and Mi Nyu quickly followed behind. "Wait Sang-Hee, we're about to pass some great scenery. Do you want to sit next to the window and have Mi Nyu sit in the middle?"

Sang-Hee thought about it and enthusiastically agreed. "Okay!"

I grinned. I felt better now that Sang-Hee won't have her angelic head on the devil's shoulder.

Jeremy returned with bags of candy in his hands. "Oh hell no, Jeremy. You're eating none of those in my car."

"I am saving them, you jerk. I already ate some already," he said.

He then proceeded to dump his pile of pure sugar onto his seat.

I sighed and started the car. With everyone in their proper seats, Sang-Hee on the farthest seat possible from Tae-Kyung, I happily drove off.


So what do you think about this chapter? This chapter serves as a break from all the intensity that has happened. :D

Lol, hopefully it's a stress reducer for you! :D

REVIEW/ COMMENT / SUBSCRIBE!

P.S. I enjoy ALL reviews even if they're 'late'! Make my day and Review! :D