Chapter 9

True Love (You're Beautiful FanFic)

 

Ah chapter 9 is here. But before you read.. Have I mentioned how AWESOME you guys are? THANKS-YOUS for all the positive feedback!

As always Enjoy =)

Read it. Love it or hate it. Either way you read it and that's enough for me ^_^


Chapter 9

Jeremy's Point of View

I happily drove along the road of the quiet countryside, singing with Mi Nyu to the songs that were on Mi Nam's playlist. Surprisingly for a jerk like Go Mi Nam, he had great taste in music. There was a little pause, indicating the change of CD. What went from catchy, high energy pop beats became slow and sensual rhythm. The song was very, very suggestive. I quickly smack the dashboard in an attempt to change the song.

I laughed nervously as the upbeat music began again. "Haha. That Go Mi Nam.."

Yes. That Go Mi Nam. What the hell. You even have love songs?

Mi Nyu was silent, blushing and looking out the window. "Jeremy, where did you send the kids to this time? I didn't even see them this morning," she asked, timidly.

I was glad that Mi Nyu tried to strike up a conversation especially after what happened. "I bought them tickets to a drive-in zoo. You know where they sit on buses and get a real close look at animals. They left early because I can't let them go to the zoo without eating a wonderful breakfast."

"Jeremy, when will your kindness end?" Mi Nyu asked, smiling.

"When fruits and ice cream no longer make me happy," I said.

She laughed and sang the lyrics of the song that played. Her voice melted my heart.

My kindness will end if you were no longer besides me, even if you can only stay my friend, Mi Nyu. It's better than nothing. Did you know that Mi Nyu? That when you're happy, I am happy as well? I suppose you don't.

I sighed and concentrated on driving while harmonizing with Mi Nyu. We continued singing and giggling as I parked in front of the church. I pulled the keys out of the ignition. "Go Mi Nyu, I'll come with you," I said, showing off my white teeth.

"Okay, I wanted to introduce you to Mother Superior anyways," she grinned.

The church looked small from the outside but it was completely the opposite inside. There were many windows to let in as much light possible. There were not even a single dark corner to be seen. I glanced around in awe. "Wow," I managed to say.

"It's beautiful isn't it?" a voice said, from behind us.

Mi Nyu turned around, "Mother Superior!" she squealed, "I am so happy to see you!"

"My child, how have you been? Has the world treated you fairly?" the nun asked, with a small smile.

"Ah, yeah. The world has treated me better than I deserve," she said.

"That's pleasant to hear. Who's this?" Mother Superior asked.

I bowed politely. "I am Jeremy, her best friend and chauffeur for the day," I beamed.

I shook her warm, soft hands gently. "I am glad you're taking care of my precious child," she thanked.

"No problem. I enjoy looking after her," I said.

"Has she caused any trouble lately? You wouldn't believe what she and her brother have done when they were in the orphanage," she said, looking at Mi Nyu with a you-know-what-I-am-talking-about look.

"Mother Superior! We're not here to talk about things in the past," Mi Nyu said, looking embarrassed.

"You're right, Gemma. Let's take a seat over here," Mother Superior walked to the nearest bench and sat down. Mi Nyu took a seat next to her. I didn't want to intrude so I sat down two benches away from them.

"Jeremy, why are you sitting so far away?" Mi Nyu asked.

"Oh. Uh. Okay, I'll sit here," I moved up one bench so that they were behind me.

"Gemma," Mother Superior began, "are you aware you're volunteer hours are done?"

Mi Nyu nodded, "Yes," she said.

"I am going back to Korea tomorrow to meet some new volunteers that want to work for the orphanage. The amount of people willing to come here and help out is very large," Mother Superior said.

"Oh. So are you saying that I should give them a chance to volunteer here?" Mi Nyu asked.

Mother Superior gave her a kind look. "Gemma, you've done so much these past months. I want you to go out there and enjoy as many new experiences as possible. You already experienced how to take care of children who never had any parents. Don't be selfish. Let others share the same adventure you've gone on." She patted Mi Nyu's hair.

"Ah, yeah, Mother Superior. I fully understand," Mi Nyu said with her wide eyes. Mi Nyu looked depressed.

Mother Superior smiled. "Don't worry about the children, Mi Nyu. The other sisters back in Korea have chosen some new volunteers that will be arriving tomorrow."

"That's great, I'll tell them good-bye tomorrow," Mi Nyu smiled through her tears.

Mother Superior hugged her and Mi Nyu leaned her head on her shoulder. "My child, may you live a wonderful, happy life."

"Mother Superior, the priest wants to talk to you," a nun said, appearing from behind us.

Mother Superior and Mi Nyu stood up. "Yes, I'll be there in a bit." answered Mother Superior. The nun left. Mother Superior held Mi Nyu's shoulder and looked her in the face with her heart-warming eyes. "I am sorry that we didn't have a lot of time, Mi Nyu. But please take care of yourself and don't cause anymore mishaps for this young man," she said.

Mi Nyu laughed and wiped the tears off her face. "I'll try my hardest not to be more troublesome than I already am."

"That's my child," Mother Superior said, smiling. "Young man," she addressed me, "take care of her."

I looked up. "I will," I promised.

Mother Superior walked out. She turned back before exiting the room. "Bye Mi Nyu,"

"Bye Mother Superior! I'll visit you when I go back to Korea," said Mi Nyu.

"What do you want to do now?" I asked in the car. I checked my watch. "The date isn't over yet, we have all day."

"I don't know Jeremy. What do you want to do?" she asked, still a little down.

Ice cream makes everyone happy right?

"Hey I asked you first." I argued, "Oh! Let's go shopping! We can go for ice cream too!"

"Okay!" Mi Nyu eagerly agreed.


Go Mi Nam's Point of View

Shin-Woo walked ahead of us to the house. I was fidgeting with my uncomfortable clothes. "Hey Tae-Kyung, these things look real right?" I asked pointing to the oranges under my shirt.

His eyes popped out but quickly regain his annoyed facial expression. He smirked, "You better not get caught, or you're dead meat,"

"Exactly! So tell me, do these look natural? Do they look like Mi Nyu's..." I trailed off.

He looked embarrassed and started to walk faster, leaving me behind.

Aish! That jerk! How can he still be like this?

I caught up with Shin-Woo before we reached the doorstep. He held his hand out but I wasn't sure what it meant. "To make it look real," he explained.

Ohh. I get it. We have to hold hands. Wait what? HOLD HANDS? With HIM? I think death sounds better.

I reluctantly held his hand. From behind us, I felt Tae-Kyung quivering, trying to hold in his laughter. Shin-Woo looked like he wasn't enjoying this either. Shin-Woo opened the door and led me in. "I am home mother," he softly said.

"Tae-Kyung Oppa! You're here!" Sang-Hee delightfully shouted as she ran down the elegant staircase.

"Where's Mother?" Shin-Woo asked after Sang-Hee attached herself to Tae-Kyung.

"She's still getting ready," she replied, gazing lovingly at Tae-Kyung's grouchy face.

I cried inside.

How can she like him? He's emotionless, heartless, arrogant, too much pride, and 24/7 grumpy. What does my sister and Sang-Hee see in this fellow?

I stared at her, lost in my thoughts. She meet my eyes briefly. "Is there something wrong Go Mi Nyu? Why are you looking at me like that?" she asked, looking self-conscious.

"Huh? What? Uh. I was staring at something past you," I lied.

Crap I almost forgot that I am a girl and girls don't stare at other girls like that.

Tae-Kyung glared at me, shooting me a warning look. He mouthed, "Dead meat."

I glared back. "Don't worry, loser," I formed the words silently.

Sang-Hee caught our silent argument and whispered to us, "It's not a good time to love quarrel with each other."

Tae-Kyung shifted his head upwards. "Don't be absurd. That was not a love quarrel because there was no love to start with."

"Okay! Sorry for the wait, let's go now," Ms. Kang said cheerfully walking down the stairs. She walked right up to me and examined me closely. I felt my face getting red.

Please don't catch me. Please. Please.

"Mi Nyu," she said seriously as I stiffened in response, "you look absolutely adorable today!"

I exhaled quietly.

Thank the heavens!

"Thank-You, Ms. Kan- Mother. You look lovely as well," I said with Mi Nyu's voice.

Ms. Kang eyed Shin-Woo's hands clasped onto mine and smiled. "Let's go."

"Where are we going Mother?" Shin-Woo asked, looking at the passenger seat.

"I've always wanted to go to a drive-in zoo, I heard this one is especially good," Ms. Kang replied.

"A zoo? Yay!" Sang-Hee shouted.

Tae-Kyung plugged his ears and looked at her, irritated. I was just happy she was sitting next to me.

The zoo was packed when we arrived. We stood in line to board the buses for almost two whole hours. Tae-Kyung chatted little, only answering questions when someone asked him. The rest of the time he stared at his phone.

Tch. You want to call her don't you? Too bad you can't cus the only Mi Nyu is here and she's me.

There were little skin contact between me and Shin-Woo, mainly because we felt uncomfortable together. Ms. Kang tried to get us closer several times but it was futile. We shrugged it off, saying it was because we weren't used to be outwardly public with our relationship yet and that we should take it slower.

We boarded the long, spacious bus. Shin-Woo and I sat together with Sang-Hee and Tae-Kyung sitting in the next aisle. Ms. Kang sat by herself behind us. When the bus passed through the large gates and entered the park, I noticed Sang-Hee leaning her head on Tae-Kyung.

Danm it Tae-Kyung. Let's trade places.

I glared at him intensely. He felt my eyes on him and returned the snare.


Hwang Tae-Kyung's Point of View

It's hot and stuffy here. My right arm is numb from Sang-Hee's grasp.

I tried to shake her off but she held on tighter. "Yah, do you mind? I don't want to cut off the circulation in my arms," I mumbled quietly, careful so that no one heard us.

Her clasp loosened a little and I felt my blood pouring back into my fingers. What irritated me more was that Mi Nyu haven't even called or texted me.

I hope she's enjoying her day with Jeremy, enjoying it so much to forget about me. Perhaps I should text her? No. If I text her first, I lose. Jeremy better not pull something. I've already reached my limit today, knowing that Jeremy knows more about my Mi Nyu than me.

I stared at my phone with bitter resentment. My eyebrows mashed together. I looked up and saw that Mi Nam was staring at me.

What the hell is his problem? Is he trying to make me feel guilty that I am indirectly cheating on Mi Nyu? While she gets away with Shin-Woo scot free? Ah whatever! I might as well give up on love. It's too complicated and intricate for my tastes.

But I knew I couldn't. Once I tasted the addictive substance of love, I couldn't just abandon it just by sheer will. I mumbled gibberish under my breath. Sang-Hee looked at me with concerned eyes but I averted my gaze. I wasn't in the mood to explain it.

The buses finally arrived. Sang-Hee unnecessarily dragged me onto the bus. We sat in the back. Shin-Woo led Mi Nam to the seat across from me.

Mi Nam sure looks like Mi Nyu. It feels as if she's actually here.

I kept staring at my phone, oblivious to Sang-Hee.

She can do whatever the hell she wants. I don't feel a thing for her. Mi Nyu, you idiot. Why don't you call me or at least text me.

I looked up, as expected Mi Nam was glaring at me. I shot him a what-the-hell-do-you-want-from-me look.

Can you stop trying to make me feel guilty?

I gave in and quickly removed Sang-Hee's hands off of my arm. She tried to put up a fight but I stared her down. She hmphed and looked at the animals from the horizon.


Go Mi Nam's Point of View

Tae-Kyung looked away and Sang-Hee suddenly dropped her hands. I felt the cool air rush past my face. I was relieved. The itch started again. "Danm this. Danm it all," I cursed quietly. I fumbled with the stupid straps and rearranged my oranges back to the center. I heard Shin-Woo chuckle. I glared at him. "You think this is funny? You're lucky I love my sister a lot cus there if I didn't I'd be partying somewhere right now."

Shin-Woo looked out the bus with an amused expression. "Go Mi Nam, today isn't my day. I prefer if the real Mi Nyu was here," he said softly, barley audible.

"You think you're having a bad day, I am the one with the bra and oranges," I said.

"Mi Nam, do you prefer me?" he asked.

My eyes widen. "What?" I asked a little too loud.

"Do you prefer me?" he asked again. "Do you really believe that I am the better man for Mi Nyu?"

"Oh. That's what you meant. Yeah. I think you are." I replied.

"Do you think that I am the one who could make her happy forever?" he asked.

"Why are you asking me this? I am not her. I might look like her right now but I don't know how much she loves you or that fool over there," I said, tilting my head in Tae-Kyung's direction.

He sighed, "You're right, you might be her twin, but you don't think the same or harbor the same feelings."

Thank God for that.

He ignored me and focused his attention on the animals that approached the bus. Sang-Hee was giggling and bubbly as she tried to pet the giraffe that strayed from it's herd. Tae-Kyung shied away from it with a distasteful look. A baboon showed its teeth at Shin-Woo who was trying to get it to come closer. I laughed, "Hey look, it's Jeremy in his natural form. Hi! Jeremy!" I said in my girl voice.

Shin-Woo laughed. "Look there! Manager Ma!" Shin-Woo pointed at the wild boar that was snorting around for some food.

"Hey Shin-Woo Hyung, that ostrich right there," I pointed, "that's Tae-Kyung." I said loudly so that Tae-Kyung could hear it.

"Why?" Shin-Woo asked.

"Because it acts all prideful and majestic but when something spooks it, it hides its head in the sand!" I laughed.

Shin-Woo joined in. Tae-Kyung sent me a warning/death sneer. But I didn't care because it was true.

A hyena approached the bus, laughing manically. "That there, is President Ahn," I pointed out, "because it laughs randomly just like the President's random intervals of English."

Shin-Woo laughed loudly, the first time I've ever heard him be this loud. I could have sworn that I heard Tae-Kyung snicker. Ms. Kang joined in with my comparisons and soon the entire back were laughing boisterously, except for Tae-Kyung and his amused face.

The tour ended and we got off the bus. Ms. Kang's eagle eyes zoomed in on Shin-Woo's arms around my waist, touching it lightly. I in air and held my breath.

Deal with it. Endure it a little longer. For Mi Nyu's sake. Danm it, the stupid straps are falling again! I am going to burn this after. I really will.

The sun was about to set. We walked to the park near the zoo and I sat down on the bench. Shin-Woo and Tae-Kyung left to buy us drinks. Ms. Kang sat down next to me while Sang-Hee stood a few feet behind us, looking around. "Mi Nyu," Ms. Kang addressed, "I've noticed Shin-Woo has gotten bolder around you. I can see he sincerely loves you."

To hell with his love for me!

"Have you guys kissed in public before," Ms. Kang asked straight forwardly. I felt as if I've been struck in the guts multiple times.

I avoided her eyes and concentrated on the people walking past us. "Uh. No," I chocked, turning red.

"Really? You don't have to be embarrassed," she gave me a smile.

"I am not..embarrassed," I said with an awkward smile.

"Don't worry, I'll have him kiss you in public today," she winked at me.

"Ah, yeah," I said, not paying attention anymore. I tend to space out during awkward moments.

Then her words began to register in my head.

Wait! What? Kiss? Public? TODAY?

I widen my eyes. "What did you say, Mother?"

She laughed joyfully, "I'll help you out," she said, winking again.

Aw ! ! I am not going to kiss him, even for Mi Nyu. I am not going to go that far! What the hell am I going to do? Danm it! Think!

Shin-Woo and Tae-Kyung returned with drinks. I absent mindlessly accepted the cold coke Shin-Woo handed to me. He quickly caught on to the tension radiating from my body. "What happened," he whispered. I kept quiet. I attempted to muster as much courage as I can to tell him, but then Ms. Kang spoke up.

"Shin-Woo, why don't you give Mi Nyu a kiss? She said she wanted to one in public so that it could prove to the world that she's your girl," Ms. Kang said, smiling at me.

I didn't even say those things!

Shin-Woo looked at his mom, "You want me to kiss her? Right now?"

"Of course! Now stop being silly and give her a kiss!" Ms. Kang encouraged, creating a shooing motion to Shin-Woo.

I quickly glanced at Tae-Kyung, begging him to step in and save me. He stood there with a smirk and folded arms.

That jerk! How come his revenge is always crueler than mine.


Jeremy's Point of View

"Finally! We're here," I sighed in relief. We drove for hours to get to the giant shopping center. I parked the car in front of the mall. "Wait Mi Nyu, I need to change or fan girls will bombard us with hugs."

"You brought disguises for us?" she asked.

"Of course! But you don't need one but I do. I put it in the trunk earlier today just in case," I smiled proudly.

"Ah, yeah. I'll wait for you at the front doors," she said, unbuckling her seat belt.

I quickly unbuckled mine and opened the door. I scurried around the car to open the door for Mi Nyu. "Thank-you, Jeremy. I am going now," she said, waving.

I smiled at her and watched her walk a few steps before opening the trunk. In the trunk was the box that held my carefully picked out disguise. I opened the box quickly.

Huh? What is this?

I pulled out the long, hairy costume.

A monkey suit?

I pulled the rest of it out and left it in the space of the trunk. Inside the box was a banana and a note. I grabbed the note and read it quickly.

Hahahaha! I think this disguise suits you better, Jeremy.

You're Best friend,

Go Mi Nam

P.S. You better be taking care me my sister. If there's a single scratch on her, you're good as dead. And don't be looking at her body too! I am on to you.

I screeched. "How could he do this to me!"

A group of girls walked past me. "Isn't that Jeremy from A.?" I heard them whispered.

"Aish. That jerk!" I mumbled.

I changed into the costume quickly, cursing Mi Nam with every breath I took. I considered taking the banana with me as a snack but then I remembered what I was wearing. I walked to Mi Nyu and she started to laugh. "You're brother replaced my clothes with this," I said coldly.

"Jeremy, you.."she said between laughs, "look great."

I mood lightened a little because I could make her laugh without trying. I grabbed her arm and dragged her into the mall. "Let's go buy me a real outfit," I said, blithely. We went from shop to shop. I was having so much fun trying on silly costumes that I forgot that I was in one myself. Mi Nyu and I wore different attires from oversized hats to fake beards.

"Ah! Mi Nyu! I am beat. Let's get some ice cream!" I insisted.

"Okay. I want vanilla!" Mi Nyu beamed.

I walked to the ice cream vendor and ordered a vanilla ice cream cone for Mi Nyu.

"One vanilla double scoop ice cream and what else?" the vendor asked, "I am guessing banana flavor?"

I laughed.

Why not? Half the people in this mall think I am crazy already.

"Sure, double scoop too," I said, taking out my wallet from a convenient pocket next to my tail.

I skipped to Mi Nyu and presented her the cone delightfully.

The hood was too big for my head, it kept coming down and covering my eyes. "Ah!" I yelled, as I tripped over a small crack. Mi Nyu caught me and steadied me. I looked up at her but I couldn't see anything. I blew upwards, trying to lift the hood with my breath. Mi Nyu laughed and pulled the hood down. "Stupid hood!" I cursed. Then I smiled again. "Sorry Mi Nyu and thanks for the save. Here's your delicious ice cream, brought to you by Jeremy!"

I shoved the ice cream into my mouth. "It's sooo good!" I savored. Mi Nyu ate her ice cream slowly and so cutely that I caught myself looking at her without thinking.

Stop! She is only a friend. A friend. She doesn't love me the way I want her to. Jeremy, you're such a love sick fool. Why can't you be happy for her relationship with your hyung? But I am happy for them. I am very happy for them in fact. But why does my heart sink a little every time I see them together? It'll go away soon. I hope.


Go Mi Nam's Point of View

Shin-Woo leans into my face. I cringed, praying that death will hit me fast and painless. Tae-Kyung was no help, he's just staring at me with an amused face and crossed arms.

Curse him. Curse him to hell! Shin-Woo! PLEASE. I beg you. Don't do this.

He leans in closer, so close I could feel the heat from his cheek on my chin. "Stay still, don't move an inch," he quietly whispered.

"Ah Mother! Look! Wow what a rare sight!" Tae-Kyung suddenly said. Sang-Hee jumped up, startled by his loud voice. She looked at him, confused.

I saw from the corner of my eyes that Ms. Kang turned around to see where Tae-Kyung was pointing.

"What is it?" she asked, flustered.

"Don't you see that eagle soaring up in the sky?" Tae-Kyung asked.

She squinted at the sky. "No, I don't," she said.

"Oh, it's gone," Tae-Kyung said in a disappointed tone.

"Mi Nam, when I pull away I want you to turn around quickly before Mother sees and hold your breath," Shin-Woo mumbled.

Shin-Woo pulled away slowly and touched his lips with his fingers. I quickly spun around and held my breath. I felt my face getting hot.

So this was their plan. Danm Tae-Kyung. Stupid Shin-Woo. Why didn't you guys let me in on it? Almost had a heart attack.

Ms. Kang sighed regretfully because she couldn't see the kiss. "Mi Nyu, turn around, you don't have to be embarrassed. Isn't this what you always wanted?"

No. Never.

I turned around slowly and she saw my red face. "So cute! I remember when I blushed like that after a kiss!" she smiled.

It's not blushing, women.

I gave her a little smile and looked away. I felt a hand pull my pants. I looked down it was a small child. "Uncle Mi-" he started to say.

I covered his mouth. I recognized him from the orphanage. I bent down to his level. "Listen here little kid, I am not Uncle Mi Nam. I am Auntie Mi Nyu."

"No! You're Un-"

I covered his mouth again. "I am not your uncle and use your inside voice," I said stiffly.

The kid nodded. "Why is Uncle Mi Nam dressed in woman's clothing?"

"I am not Uncle Mi Nam," I repeated.

"Uncle Mi Nam, why are you a girl?" he repeated.

I sighed. "Because I am a girl," I said, reluctantly.

"Uncle Mi Nam is a girl?" he asked.

"Yes I am," I replied.

"But you look like Uncle Mi Nam," he argued.

I was getting annoyed of this kid. "Hey kid, keep this a secret and Auntie Mi Nyu will get you something sweet."

He smiled, showing some of his missing teeth. "Okay." he left and blended in with the rest of the children.

I stood up and faced Ms. Kang. "He was from the orphanage I volunteer at," I explained.

"Did he call you uncle?" she asked.

I laughed it off. "Kids these days."

She looked at me, questioning me with her eyes. It took awhile before she finally accepted my half-lie.

"Now, let's go for dinner. I made the reservation at 6 and it's about time." she said.

Shin-Woo held his mother's hand. "I haven't held the women I love hands yet today."

She turned around to smile at me. "Oh stop it. Mi Nyu, I am borrowing your boyfriend for awhile," Ms. Kang said.

Thank-you! Borrow him for the whole day.

I grinned, "No problem Mother. You can have him for the entire day."

"No, no, no. I don't want you to be jealous," she winked at me.

"Please don't worry about me," I said, innocently.

Shin-Woo and his mother walked ahead of us. Her head lying comfortably on Shin-Woo's shoulder. "Don't get too jealous Mi Nyu," Tae-Kyung snickered as he walked past me.

Sang-Hee walked beside me, eying Tae-Kyung with warm eyes. "It's too bad you got him before I can," she sighed.

My throat closed up. My mouth became a desert.

What do I say? What do I say?

I panicked. She looked at my face and saw my widen eyes. "Are you scared of me?" she asked.

"N-no" I stuttered.

She continued to stare at my face. Her brown eyes were gorgeous and her nose was thin and straight. I began to sweat.

Why am I so nervous? I am Go Mi Nam! The guy who dated hundred of girls! How can she make me feel this way?

"Are you scared that I might snatch Tae-Kyung away from you?" she asked, with serious eyes.

I didn't answer because I didn't know the answer.

She took her eyes off me and looked straight ahead, watching Tae-Kyung walk arrogantly. "Don't worry. I can't steal him anyways," She ran up to Tae-Kyung and walked beside him.

When she said those words, I felt a pang in my heart. It pained me to see her so serious.

Why? Why must you like Tae-Kyung? What do you see in him?

I got in the car, looking depressed. Ms. Kang noticed and said, "I'll be returning Shin-Woo back to you now. Sorry that I borrowed him for too long."

Great..That's exactly what I want right now.

"Ah, yeah. Thank-you Mother," I said monotonously.

Tae-Kyung nudged me with his elbow. It hurt a little but I didn't care. "Can you be emo later? You're Mi Nyu right now," he whispered quietly.

I ignored him and leaned my head on the window. It felt cool and nice on my forehead. I remained a living statue until we reached the restaurant. I felt a little better. I checked myself to see if everything was still in place. With straps and oranges in their rightful spots I walked into an elegant restaurant. Ms. Kang checked in and we were immediately seated in a large private room. Shin-Woo ordered enough food for all of us. Sang-Hee and her mother excused themselves to go to the restroom. I declined politely when they asked me to go. Tae-Kyung scolded me for not acting like Mi Nyu after they left. I snapped at him. "Hey! You don't have to wear these all day! So unless you do, can you please shut up?" I pointed at my chest.

Shin-Woo coughed. "Mi Nam, I think you should calm down a little."

I looked at him with wild eyes. "Why? Why should I?" I asked.

This is it. I am going to an asylum with padded walls and a small window and a jacket that hugs me.

Shin-Woo pointed at my chest. "Because I think you're oranges are melting."

I looked down. There were wet spots spreading onto my shirt. I quickly took out the oranges. They were wrinkled and squishy.

Danm my life!

I cursed under my breath. "We're screwed aren't we?" I asked.

Neither of them said anything for awhile.

Should I just tell them the truth? No, no. I can't. It'll ruin everything. What should I do?

Tae-Kyung abruptly stood up and ran over to me with a glass of water. He poured it on me and set the empty cup on the table. "What the hell?" I spluttered.

He ignored me and ordered Shin-Woo to go to the kitchen and ask for two oranges. Shin-Woo quickly got up and ran out the door. "Mi Nam, when the girls come back tell them you accidentally spilled water all over yourself."

The door opened, Sang-Hee and her mother came in. They stared at me, appalled. "Did..Tae-Kyung..touch you?" Sang-Hee asked slowly.

His hands were on my chest. I looked at him, he was just as shocked as I was. "N-no! It's not like that. I spilled water on my shirt and Hyung-nim came to help me." I covered my chest in response. Tae-Kyung quickly removed his hands and hid them behind his back.

"He helped you wipe your shirt?" Ms. Kang asked.

Why is everyone misunderstanding?

"I am going to go to the restroom, excuse me," I said, still holding my hands up to my chest.

They moved out of the way and allowed me to pass. I bumped into Shin-Woo when I walked down the long hallway to the bathroom. "What happened?" he asked.

"I told them I was going to the bathroom. They think Tae-Kyung ually harassed me," I laughed. "But that's not important. Do you have the stuff?" I asked secretly.

He frowned. "It's not a time to be joking around. You make it sound as if I am an infamous drug dealer." He handed me a brown paper bag.

"Why'd you put it in a paper bag? You're making it even more suspicious and dark," I laughed.

I took the paper bag and hid it under my shirt. Shin-Woo shook his head and started walking back to the private room. I hesitantly walked into the woman's restroom. I did my best to dry my shirt. I went into an empty stall and unloaded the oranges into my shirt. Satisfied with the same look before the incident, I left the bathroom.

Before I entered the room, I breathed deeply and straighten out my shirt.

I can do this. It's only going to be for a few more hours and then I am free.

I opened the door and let myself in. Food was already on the table. Tae-Kyung sat next to Sang-Hee with his arms crossed and his face curled up in a scowl. "Finally. We can eat now," he said, coldly.

I took my seat next to Shin-Woo. He gave me a small smile. "Are you okay? I heard you spilled water on yourself."

I nodded my head and grabbed the chopsticks in front of me. "Shin-Woo, what are you doing?" Ms. Kang asked.

He looked confused. "What's wrong?"

"How come I see you not serving Mi Nyu?" she chided him.

Shin-Woo took one of everything and stacked them neatly on my plate. I forced a smile. "Thank-you, Shin-Woo hyung."

Dinner passed by quickly. We left Shin-Woo to pay the bill. The night air was surprisingly chilly yet relaxing. We piled in the car and waited for Shin-Woo. "Mi Nyu, why don't you give Shin-Woo a good night kiss when we drop you off?" Ms. Kang suggested.

I laughed a bit. "One kiss was enough for today."

Seriously.

"Then..Tae-Kyung?" Ms. Kang asked, switching her eyes off me and looking at Tae-Kyung.

He coughed nervously. "Mother, Sang-Hee and I aren't at that stage yet. It's not something to be rushed."

Smooth, jerk.

"I understand," she laughed.

I saw Sang-Hee struggle, trying to object but Tae-Kyung held her down with a cold glare. I sighed again.

It seems as if she forgot about the incident before dinner started. That's great.

Shin-Woo opened the door, allowing the cold air rush in. He started the car and backed out the parking lot. The drive home was quiet. It's been a long day. Everyone was dead beat tired. Shin-Woo parked in front of the orphanage. Tae-Kyung and I thanked Ms. Kang for planning the date. We said our goodbyes to our "significant" others and watched the car drive off. I sighed loudly. "It's over! It's finally over!" I yelled. I skipped around the yard and took out the oranges and threw them happily in the trash before going in.

I ran into my room and quickly changed into sweats.

I can feel my legs again! Now, time to burn this. Would Mi Nyu be upset? I doubt it.

I grabbed a lighter and the malicious garment. Going down the stairs, I heard Manager Ma on the phone.

"Mi Nyu, you can come back now. They're back." Manager Ma informed. There was a pause for Mi Nyu's response.

"What? How long will it take?" he asked."Four hours? Four? Why did you go so far?" he exclaimed. "Why don't you stay in a hotel for the night and come back tomorrow?"

Tae-Kyung stood up, "What?"


Hwang Tae-Kyung's Point of View

She can't. CAN'T. There's no way I am letting her stay in a hotel overnight with Jeremy. I'll drag her home if I have to.

"Manager Ma, let me talk to her," I stared icily at him.

He put one finger up and mouthed 'wait'. "Alright, alright. Come home quickly then. Mi-Mi Nyu, Tae-Kyung wants to have a moment with you."

I took the phone from him. "Listen dummy, you're coming straight home and that's final. I don't want to hear you argue with me."

"Hyung-nim!" she began to argue.

"Mi Nyu! I told you don't argue with me," I yelled through the phone.

Does she ever listen?

"But I am coming home tonight. I have something to tell you." she said happily.

I forgot all my anger. "What is it?" I asked sternly, hiding my curiosity.

"I'll tell you when I get home. Wait for me okay?" she asked.

"No. I'll sleep when I want to," I tried to stop my face from pulling up into a smile.

"Hmph! Fine! I guess I'll tell you last. Jeremy! Hyung-nim, I have to go now. Bye," she hung up.

I roughly handed Manager Ma his phone back and stormed into my room, passing Mi Nam with a lighter and a piece of cloth in his hands.

That stupid idiot. How could she hang up on me like that? I'll give her a piece of my mind when she comes back.

I laid on my bed and waited for Mi Nyu to come home.


Jeremy's Point of View

I pranced to the car with meat kabobs in my hand. Mi Nyu was on the phone. "Jeremy! Hyung-nim, I have to go now."

My heart sank a little but I quickly recovered. "Here's your share," I said, as I handed four sticks to her.

"You bought so much, Jeremy!" she squealed with delight.

"It's going to be a long ride home. You're bound to get hungry," I said with a kabob in my mouth while I started the car.

The ride home was filled with laughter, singing, and the smell of barbeque beef. It didn't seem like four hours had passed.

Today went by so fast. Although you love another, I can pretend you're mine right? At least for today.

Mi Nyu ran inside as soon as I parked the car. I was on the porch when I heard "Watch out below!" I looked up and flames came down on me. I sidestepped in time to avoid being burnt. I saw Mi Nam's mischievous face.

"YAH! GO MI NAM!" I yelled, "You wait there you rascal! I am going to kill you!"

Go Mi Nam quickly disappeared from the roof top. I ran inside.

You're so dead. Deader than dead. I am going to clone you a million times and kill those clones in a million different ways.


Who's your favorite character in this story so far? You don't have to answer but responding would be delightful :D. I personally love push over Manager Ma and I-will-push-YOU-over Coordinator Wang. But nontheless Tae-Kyung will always have a home (mansion) in my heart.

SMILE/COMMENT/ SUBSCRIBE/ STAY AWESOME! -YOUR GOALS. (at least complete one ey?)

:D!