Chapter 11

True Love (You're Beautiful FanFic)

 

Chapter 11 o__o enjoy! *heart*


Chapter 11

Hwang Tae-Kyung's Point of View

I groaned. She said the most dreaded words. 'Double date'. This time it isn't going to be Mi Nam as Mi Nyu. This time it really will be a double date. Jeremy and Mi Nam poked their heads out from their bedroom. "Hurry and go get ready. I'll be waiting downstairs!" Ms. Kang smiled brilliantly.

She walked downstairs with joy in each step. Shin-Woo and Mi Nyu kept their eye contact even after Ms. Kang left. "Double date?" Sang-Hee asked, bursting through her door. Her hand found my arms. "Oppa! Let's go!"

I tried to resist but she forced me to move between Shin-Woo and Mi Nyu, breaking their eye contact. Shin-Woo smiled, "Go Mi Nyu, I would be honored if you would like to go on a date with me."

Why so formal?

I eyebrows mashed together as she accepted with a grin. I scowled when I saw their hands intertwining. We arrived at our destination. It was a large, beautiful park. Sang-Hee latched onto me again before I could I stretch my limbs. I couldn't yell at her so instead I forced a smile. Ms. Kang noticed and laughed blissfully. "Ah, you guys are like glue."

"Cool it," I mumbled to Sang-Hee when Ms. Kang's eyes moved away from us.

"I am just making it look real," she whispered back. "Besides you should be putting more effort in this relationship. Keep your cute little facial expressions under control." She pinched my cheeks.

Shin-Woo and Mi Nyu walked ahead of us, hand in hand on a long path. Trees planted on both sides of the path provided shelter from the skin-melting sun. A cool breeze ruffled the leaves, coaxing them to fall down gently. The lake on the other side of the path sparkled and gleamed in the sun. Ms. Kang walked beside Sang-Hee, chatting about how adorable the couple is. "Do you think they're ready for marriage?" Ms. Kang suddenly asked.

I began to pay attention into their interesting discussion. Sang-Hee glanced at me uncomfortably and then looked back at her mother. "I am n-not sure."

"I think they are. They should get married before I get old. I am getting older everyday," Ms. Kang sighed.

Haha. Shin-Woo and Mi Nyu getting married? That's never going to happen.

"You're not old Mother," Sang-Hee earnestly said.

Ms. Kang smiled. "It's okay. You don't have to lie. Tell Shin-Woo to stop for awhile. Mommy is tired."

Sang-Hee barked the order and everyone in front of us turned to stare. I could have sworn that some of the birds relaxing in the trees above, were frightened and took flight. My ears rang for a minute or two before it stopped.

I am going to go permanently deaf!

Shin-Woo gently led Mi Nyu to the bench where Ms. Kang and Sang-Hee sat. I bitterly glanced at them. "Shin-Woo, let's go somewhere to talk," Ms. Kang said.

When they were out of sight, Sang-Hee sighed. "You're too perfect with Shin-Woo, Mi Nyu."

Then what am I?

Mi Nyu laughed. "That's not true."

I pursed my lips and glared at the scenery.

I don't want to hear this.

"Do you really like Tae-Kyung?" I heard Mi Nyu whispering to Sang-Hee. She side-glanced at me and sighed.

"Yes, but he'll never like me back," she said with a depressed look.

I turned to face them sitting on the bench. "That's right. You should just give up on me and go to Go Mi Nam." Mi Nyu blushed, embarrassed that I heard her.

"Go Mi Nam?" Sang-Hee asked, confused.

How clueless is she? It's so obvious.

"Didn't you know he likes you?"

"He does?" both Sang-Hee and Mi Nyu said in unison.

I rolled my eyes. "Forget it."

Shin-Woo and his mother came back with a picnic basket and a blanket. "Come, come. We have a picnic to enjoy," Ms. Kang smiled.

Sang-Hee and Mi Nyu unpacked the food onto the blanket. We started eating quietly. I kept stealing glances at Mi Nyu. Shin-Woo feed her cherry tomato. I felt my vein popping out from my neck. Sang-Hee tugged on my shirt and pointed to the tub of cherry tomatoes and pointed to . I ignored her and kept glaring at Shin-Woo. Ms. Kang also had her full attention to Mi Nyu. She stared at them lovingly. Shin-Woo ate absentmindedly, his eyes miles away.

"Oppa! Let's rent a paddle boat and go around the lake," Sang-Hee shouted excitedly after we finished.

I didn't want to go. I hated water that isn't in a bathtub. "Don't we have to wait a hour?" I asked.

She rolled her eyes. "We're not swimming," eying Mi Nyu, " or drowning. Come on! It will be fun!"

"That sounds like a good idea. Do you want to go Mi Nyu?" Shin-Woo smiled.

She nodded her head and smiled.

"Tae-Kyung Oppa! Why aren't you paddling?" Sang-Hee asked when we were in the middle of the lake.

"I told you that I didn't want to go on one of these," I snickered in disgust.

"Oppa!" she complained. I began to tune her out. I glanced over to Shin-Woo's boat. I grimaced as I saw Mi Nyu's head lying comfortably on Shin-Woo shoulder. His arms stretched across her shoulders. They talked, teased, and laughed.

Look at them enjoying being around each other. Am I the only one who's unhappy?

Sang-Hee was still nagging at me to paddle, so I started to paddle. "Where are you going?" she cried.

I ignored her and continued leading the boat. "Why are we going back to the shore already?" she complained.

She muttered "You're no fun," when I got off the boat and grudgingly offered my hand to help her.

Shin-Woo noticed that Sang-Hee and I were already back on land so he began to tread back as well. Ms. Kang greeted us when he came back. "Shall we keep on strolling then?" Shin-Woo asked.

Ms. Kang grinned. "No, let's go home," she turned to face us, "Shin-Woo has something very important to do. Let's go out for dinner tonight, just the five of us again." She winked at Shin-Woo. He looked down at the floor, embarrassed.

I stared at him with wide eyes. Sang-Hee nudged me in the ribs. My eyes flickered to her. "What?" I asked, coldly.

"Your facial expression is going to ruin us," she whispered.

I cleared my throat and averted my gaze. Ms. Kang motioned us to the car. Sang-Hee refused to let my arm go even when we're in the car. It made me even more annoyed than I already am. Mi Nyu sat next to Sang-Hee, fidgeting with her fingers all the way home. Shin-Woo dropped us off and sped away. "Where is Oppa going?" Sang-Hee asked.

Ms. Kang pulled into a smile, her eyes crinkling with joy. "You'll see tonight."

What is he trying to pull?

We were greeted by machine guns firing away and civilians screaming in horror.

"Jeremy you idiot! Get over here. No! My left! I said MY left. Not yours! Oh. My. Gosh. Jeremy. Do you know the meaning of left?" Go Mi Nam yelled, his eyes trained on the TV screen.

"If I go there, that guy on steroids will beat me to pulp!" Jeremy cried.

"You'd die for me right?" Mi Nam asked.

"Hell no," Jeremy replied.

"SHOOT HIM. SHOOT HIM NOW!" Go Mi Nam screamed. He jumped up and furiously stab the game controller. The screen went blank and then the words 'Game Over' appeared in blood red.

"Aish!" Go Mi Nam exhaled. He tossed the controller on the couch and sat down with his head in his hands. "We got owned by steroid guy. It's your fault!" he accused.

"Nuh uh!" Jeremy denied.

"Yuh huh! Because of you we spent three hours on it only to lose at the final stage. What a waste of my life," Go Mi Nam said.

"That's good. You didn't even have a life to start with anyways," Jeremy teased.

Ms. Kang coughed. They turned around. "Oh hi, Ms. Kang," Jeremy greeted with a smile.

Go Mi Nam made direct eye contact with Sang-Hee, he quickly looked away, blushing. I tapped Sang-Hee's shoulder and discreetly tilt my head towards Mi Nam. "Proof," I whispered.

She glanced at him. "Does he really?" she mumbled under her breath.

I nodded.

"Hi, I am going to rest up for tonight," Ms. Kang informed.

I waited until Ms. Kang entered her room. "Where's Manager Ma and Coordinator Noona?" I asked.

"Dunno. They probably went shopping or something," Mi Nam replied, still looking awkward.

"Well then, excuse us," I said, taking Mi Nyu's hand and walking upstairs.

I went into her room and sat on her bed with my arms folded. I scowled at her. She shyly leaned on the window in front of me.

"Mi Nyu, you know how I like rules right?" I asked.

She nodded her head.

"Okay then, I am going to give you a set of rules that you better follow or else you're dead."

She nodded again, "Yeah, Hyung-nim."

"Rule number 1: No skinship with Shin-Woo,"

"Hyung-nim! I can't follow that rule. Mother will think it's weird if I start doing that now," she objected.

I glared at her. "Fine. Only holding hands. That's my limit. Rule number 2: No kissing. That's a big one," I narrowed my eyes. She nodded. "Rule number 3: Don't go anywhere with Shin-Woo alone," I continued.

"Why?" she asked.

Because he might try something.

"Don't ask questions. Rule number 4: Hit him if he tries to get close to you."

"What? No! You know I am not violent!" she argued.

"Just follow those four rules okay?" I asked nicely.

She pouted. "I don't like the last one. How can you say that? I can't ever hurt Shin-Woo like that."

"Fine then ignore the last one," I complied.

She saluted me. "Yes sir!"

I smiled.

That's my Mi Nyu.

There was a light knock on the door. Mi Nyu looked at me with panic eyes. I returned the feeling. "Mi Nyu? It's me, Mother. Can I come in?"

Where do I hide? She might find out the truth if she sees me here. It'll just add on to her suspicions.

"Ah yeah. Hold on! I am not dressed," Mi Nyu shouted. "Hyung-nim, hide under my bed! Quickly!" she whispered.

Go Mi Nam's Point of View

Ah! Tae-Kyung wait! You're leaving me here with Sang-Hee?

I scratched my head and smiled bashfully. Jeremy tipped his head sideways to stare at my face. "Wow, she's really making the infamous player nervous," he mumbled.

I tried to smack him but he dodged it. He ran to the foot of the stairs. "Sang-Hee! Way to go! You managed to go beyond the bounds of possibility and therefore I bow down to you," he called.

"Shut up Jeremy!" I yelled at him.

He grinned his innocent grin and ran up the stairs.

I was fully aware of the now awkward atmosphere. I laughed coarsely and resumed scratching my head.

Stupid. Why can't I think of something good to say? A pick-up line?

Before I could think of one she spoke first. "Go Mi Nam," she said softly.

"Huh?" I asked eagerly.

She turned around. "Nothing," she said.

I saw that she was blushing. I grinned.

Maybe she does like me. That's right. Go Mi Nam is back, baby!

Hwang Tae-Kyung's Point of View

I threw myself on the floor and crawled under the bed. It was dusty and dirty.

I should have hid in the closet.

But it was too late now. Mi Nyu opened the door and allowed Ms. Kang to come in. I saw her feet walking towards the bed.

Don't sit on it. Don't sit on it.

She sat down and the bed sank lower. I felt the pressed on my back. "Mi Nyu, you're bed is kind of bumpy here."

She bounced up and down on it, trying to eliminate the lump. I covered my mouth with my hands. "Mother, sit here, on this side. It's better," Mi Nyu said with a shaky voice.

The pressure receded. "I'll be straightforward. I am not the kind of person to beat around the bush,"Ms. Kang began.

"What is it?" Mi Nyu asked.

"Do you truly love Shin-Woo?" Ms. Kang asked so softly it was barely audible.

I opened my ears to hear Mi Nyu's response. But it was quiet. There were no movements whatsoever.

Did she just nod her head?

I didn't care about the facade anymore. I wanted the truth.

Tell her.

As if she heard my thoughts she answered, "Yes, I do Mother."

My heart started to beat ferociously in response, demanding to know if that was her true feelings.

"Okay. I could tell you love him sincerely anyways. I just wanted to hear it in words," Ms. Kang said. I barely heard the door closing because my heart was thumping too loud. I stayed under the bed. Mi Nyu didn't move either.

She loves Shin-Woo. No! It can't be true.

The memories of today at the park flooded my head.

She looked so happy with him. When she's with me she frowns and pouts. She rarely frowns when she's with him.

More memories of their interactions entered.

She looks for him first before remembering me. Maybe she really does love him..and that they're relationship is real..and ours was the true facade..

I couldn't stand being in the room anymore. I crawled out and stiffly exited the room.

"Hyung-nim!" she called.

I ignored her. I started to pace back and forth in my room. I expected to hear a knock on my door but the knock never came. I stared at my white closet door for hours with my mind blank. A knock came, snapping me out of my trance. I opened the door. "Mi Nyu, what took you so lon-" I started to shout when I flung the door open. It wasn't Mi Nyu at the door. Instead it was Sang-Hee. She smiled at me. "Oppa, it's time to go out for dinner."

I wasn't in the mood to go on a dinner date with Shin-Woo and Mi Nyu, let alone with Sang-Hee. "I am not hungry," I said curtly.

"Oppa! We have to," she said with a serious look.

"No. I am not going," I said. I started to close the door. She stuck her foot in and blocked it.

"You really want to expose us?" she asked. "Let's go now. It's not your choice."

I wanted to punch the wall but I restrained myself. "Fine. Let's go," I coldly said.

Shin-Woo with Mi Nyu at his side and Ms. Kang waited for us at the foot of the stairs. She had held her head down when she saw me. I pretended Mi Nyu wasn't there. In the car, Sang-Hee separated us and for once, I was grateful. "Did you get it?" Ms. Kang asked.

Shin-Woo nodded while he drove. "Is it pretty?" she asked.

He looked uncomfortable. Y-yes, Mother," he replied.

I didn't care anymore. He can buy whatever for Mi Nyu. Even he buys her a house full of red roses I could care less right now.

Hell, it'll even make her feel happier, something I can't provide for her..

We stopped at a red light, I glowered at the pedestrian walking across the street. He looked at me once and then speedily walked across, avoiding glancing at the white car again. The car started picking up speed again. I began to get dizzy from the blur of the city. I looked at the car ceiling and closed my eyes.

Why couldn't I just stay home?

"Turn right Shin-Woo," Ms. Kang pointed.

We drove up to another big, fancy restaurant. I sighed. "Great," I mumbled.

We were seated in a large, dim room. It was light enough for me to see. I sat in my seat with my arms crossed, looking bored. Sang-Hee attempted to be more couple-like but I shot her down with my icy glare. Shin-Woo excused himself and left the room. "Mother, why is Oppa so weird? He looks nervous," Sang-Hee asked.

Ms. Kang dazzled. "It's normal for a man to do this. You'll see when the time is right."

I snickered.

I didn't know Shin-Woo can feign nervousness. He should star in a drama and Mi Nyu too. Or maybe they really aren't pretending.

Ms. Kang stared intently at me. "And what's wrong with you two? Why are you sitting so far away from each other?" Ms. Kang asked.

"We just got into a little fight, that's all. He'll get over it soon," Sang-Hee replied.

I continued to scowl at the plates in front of me. Ms. Kang laughed, she didn't seem bothered by my sour face. "That's normal too in a couple. Tae-Kyung, a word of advice, the women always win in a lover's quarrel."

I nodded my head rigidly. There was a knock on the door. "Come in," Ms. Kang said. A trail of servers entered with hot dishes in their hands. They set them on the table, wished us happy eating and left. "We can start eating. Shin-Woo probably won't be back soon anyways," Ms. Kang said.

I fought constantly with my heart on whether to look at her. But in the end I won, I managed to eat my fill without once glancing at Mi Nyu. Shin-Woo didn't come back until the very end, after we ate our desserts.

He came in with a large bouquet of flowers, white, her favorite color. "Mi Nyu, I remember everything about you. I know by heart your favorite foods, your favorite hobbies, your favorite color. Even with my eyes closed, I can only see you. I hope you can take my sincerity into your heart and treasure it because I will cherish you no matter what. There will never be a moment that you will feel unappreciated when you're by my side," he looks at her warm, loving eyes.

He takes a small case from his pocket and knelled down. "Will you marry me and stay by my side?"

Sang-Hee gasped. I was dumbstruck. It took me a moment to register what he just did.

He proposed..to her?

All eyes were trained on Mi Nyu now, anticipating for her answer. Her eyes met my bewildered expression. She looked away and saw Ms. Kang's enchanting smile. The agonizing seconds ticked by. Slowly Mi Nyu opened to reply...


Lol, I hope it wasn't too corny. I think it was >.< soowie. I am not good with those kinds of stuff :l so I shall ask you a question!

What do you guys want more of? Tae-Kyung & Mi Nyu time? Shin-Woo & Mi Nyu? Jeremy & Mi Nyu? From the looks of your comments, I think you want Shin-Woo and Mi Nyu. Lol XD. 

I would loooove to hear your comments and suggestions and all your 'to do' and 'don't do's'  :D 

Comment/ Review/ Subscribe!