Chapter 6

True Love (You're Beautiful FanFic)

 

YES! Today I am releasing not one but two chapters because I <3 you all. (and because making it one chapter would be too long.) Enjoy the double chapters!


Chapter 6

Hwang Tae-Kyung's Point of View

I plugged my ears as Sang-Hee's shrill voice pierced my ears through the giant thick wood doors. "Open the door Oppa! Mom is here!" she screeched.

Ah. Just when I thought it was bad already, Sang-Hee made it even worse.

I sighed in frustration as Shin-Woo gracefully walked to the living room. We slowly followed him, listening to Sang-Hee yell and furiously ringing the door bell. I wanted to rush to the door and pull it open with so much force that it shake the hinges. I wanted to scream, "OKAY. We heard you the first ten times!"

I would if Shin-Woo's mother wasn't there. I scowled and turned around to face Mi Nyu. She was fidgeting and playing with her fingers. I took hold of her hand and squeezed it gently. She met my eyes with tears welling up. I quickly removed them with my fingers and whispered, "It will be okay. You can do it. Be strong."

She nodded silently. I squeezed her hand again before letting go.

It might be the last time I held her hand for awhile..

Before Shin-Woo opened the door, he turned around and faced us. He motioned Mi Nyu to come over and nodded at me. I slowly trailed behind Mi Nyu. Shin-Woo wrapped one arm around her shoulder and with a small smile he opened the door. "Mother!" he greeted, "How are you? It's been awhile."

"Tae-Kyung Oppa!" Sang-Hee yelled, pushing Shin-Woo away and running to hug me. "I missed you! Sorry I wasn't here to say good morning to you! But it's okay now because I am back." she grinned.

I put on a fake smile, "Yes. I am glad you're back." I said rigidly, patting her back lightly. I pulled away from her because I knew that she wouldn't let go first.

Jeremy shoved me a little so that he could get a good view of Ms. Kang. His eyes widen in surprise by what he saw. "FOOD!" he shouted, "Are-are those what I think they are? Are those," his eyes were longing, he wiped his mouth, "danishes?"

Coordinator Wang smacked him in the head. "Where are your manners?" she scolded. "Good morning, Ms. Kang. Did you have a nice plane ride here?"

"Good Morning Coordinator Wang, yes I did." she said humbly, "I was at business trip in England and bought some of these pastries to share with you." she smiled.

Shin-Woo and I took her bags upstairs to an available room while everyone else went into the kitchen. "You did a good job so far, Tae-Kyung" Shin-Woo complemented as we walked down the stairs.

"Thank-you. You did a good job too. It was very..convincing." I said, jealousy colored my words. At the foot of the stairs, I stared at him and he stared back.

Don't think you can snatch her from me.

"There's so much! Manager Ma let's have a contest to see who eats more!" Jeremy enthusiastically.

Manager Ma screamed, "You're on! Loser has to put on make-up! Girl. Make-up."

Shin-Woo sighed, breaking off the stare, "We better stop them before one gets a gender make over and a stomachache."

"So troublesome." I muttered, pursing my lips.

"Oh. My. God. These are wonderful!" Jeremy screamed in delight, with cream smeared all over his face.

Manager Ma ignored him and kept on shoving the danishes in his mouth, fearing that he would become a girl for the day. Coordinator Wang sat by his side praising him, "You can do it! Keep it up! You're going to beat him! Fighting!" she yelled raising a fist in the air. "If you don't win, I'll super glue a wig onto your head and make you wear short pretty dresses." she added darkly.

Upon hearing this, Manager Ma started to minimize chewing and began maximizing swallowing. Jeremy didn't seem to care about the competition anymore. He was slowly chewing his dessert and savoring it. Go Mi Nam and Sang-Hee sat next to each other quietly witnessing Manager Ma's feat.

Eh. Look at the mess they made..I can't stand it.

I looked away from the disgusting table and realized that Mi Nyu wasn't in the kitchen. Before I could ask, Shin-Woo spoke first, "Where is Go Mi Nyu?"

"Outside with mother." Sang-Hee replied, without looking up.

"What are they talking about?" I asked impatiently.

Sang-Hee looked up and gave me a wide grin. "Oh Tae-Kyung Oppa!"

Go Mi Nam glared at me. "I don't know." he said.

I was about to exit the kitchen and go look for Mi Nyu but Shin-Woo grabbed my arm. "I'll go. She's my girlfriend. You stay her with your girlfriend." he whispered.

I grunted, "Fine."

He left the room and went searching for my girlfriend. I walked out of the kitchen and sat down on the sofa in the living room. I the TV and stared at the screen but I didn't watch it.

Does Shin-Woo still love her? Jeremy only loves her as a friend now. A friend. But what about Shin-Woo? He's too calm and secluded. I can't accurately guess what he's thinking about. If there is a possibility that he still loves her, what do I do? What if Mi Nyu falls for him? No. I can't think she would do that to me. I have to trust her. I have to trust that her will can't be broken so easily. But what if?

I shook my head angrily.

It won't happen. I won't allow it.

No matter how many times I tell myself that it won't happen, the 'what if' keeps popping out. I sighed deeply.

So what if he loves her! I'll just..I'll just..I don't know what to do!

I exhaled nosily, scratching my head and messing up my hair. "Stupid! This is all stupid!" I mumbled under my breath.

"Tae-Kyung Oppa, I didn't know you like watching Mexican soap operas." Sang-Hee said, sitting down next to me.

"Leave me alone. I am not in the mood." I grumbled.

"Tae-Kyung Oppa, I am you're girlfriend. Of course I should be here to cheer you up." she said. She lightly touched my hand and patted my back softly.

"You're not my-" I began, as Shin-Woo's mother entered the room, "mother. So why are you treating me like one. Come here." I pulled Sang-Hee into a hug, smiling.

Shin-Woo and Go Mi Nyu walked in and stood behind Ms. Kang. Go Mi Nyu was shocked by the embrace while Shin-Woo looked on. "You guys are so cute." Ms. Kang said, smiling.

She sat down on the couch across from us and motioned Shin-Woo and Mi Nyu to join her. "See? You don't have to be shy. Look at Sang-Hee and Tae-Kyung. They're very open with their relationship."

I released Sang-Hee and nervously scratched my head. "Ms. Kang, it wasn't like that." I stared at Mi Nyu apologetically.

"Oh you don't have to lie to me." she laughed, "Don't be embarrassed. I was like that when I was young."

Shin-Woo and Mi Nyu sat down next to her. I stared at Mi Nyu but her eyes were focused else where.

Danm it. I am such a fool.

I started to beat myself up in my head for being so dumb and hurting Mi Nyu so carelessly. "Tae-Kyung, I've been meaning to ask you this, but I wanted to ask Mi Nyu first." Ms. Kang said.

My ears perked up. "What is it?" I asked.

"Well I am staying here for one night while my summer house here is being cleaned and I was wondering if you and the rest of the band would like to move in and stay there for the rest of your vacation so that you won't cause much trouble to the nuns here." she said.

"Oh..Well sure. I don't want to cause them anymore trouble." I said, eying Mi Nyu.

Did she agree to this?

"Unfortunately Go Mi Nyu says she can't because she still has to volunteer." Ms. Kang said, with a solemn face.

"Oh. How disappointing." I agreed glumly.

Jeremy and Go Mi Nam were laughing as they walked into the living room. "Hey Hyung! We're gonna go to the grocery store and buy some stuff for tonight's dinner. Wanna come?" asked Jeremy.

Go Mi Nam's face fell as his eyes narrowed down on Sang-Hee's hands which laid on top of my hands. "Don't bother them Jeremy. Let's just go by ourselves." he said, with a serious look.

"Okay." Jeremy said with a bright smile. "Bye!"

"Hey! Don't kill each other okay?" Manager Ma yelled from the kitchen.

"Stop moving! You're messing up the make-up!" Coordinator Wang scolded.

"Jeremy, you beat Manger Ma?" Sang-Hee's asked with burning curiosity.

"Yup!" he gleefully said.

"How? I was sure that he was way ahead of you." asked Sang-Hee, staring at him with awe.

"I have my secrets." said Jeremy, winking.

Go Mi Nam smacked him in the head. "Let's go before the store closes."

Jeremy rubbed his sore head. "Geez. You're mean. Shotgun!"

Go Mi Nam opened the door and walked out. Jeremy quickly followed him. "Bye guys!"

"Mother, would you like some tea?" Shin-Woo asked.

"Yes please. I have many things to talk to you about." she smiled.

I coughed awkwardly. "Excuse me. I need to do something in my room." I got up and walked up the stairs. I could feel Go Mi Nyu's eyes bore into my back.

Stupid, ask to be excused too.

But she didn't ask. I walked to my tiny little room and sat on the bed.

Do I want her to live at Shin-Woo's summer house too? Or would it be better if she stayed here?I mean I want her to be near me but not Shin-Woo. Aish. It's always difficult situations after another. When will they stop? I need a shower. Yes, a nice cold shower would do me good.

Jeremy's Point of View

"What should we buy today?" Go Mi Nam asked, as we walked into the store.

I inhaled deeply. "Ah. I love the super-market smell. I don't know. What are we making for dinner?"

"Forget it Jeremy. I'll get the ingredients. You can just watch me." Mi Nam said.

"Hmph. You're no fun." I frowned.

Mi Nam was in a bad mood since leaving the house. "Hey, so you saw that right?" I asked.

"Saw what?" he asked monotonously.

"Sang-Hee's hands..on Tae-Kyung Hyung's hands." I said, hesitantly.

"No." he said with so much force it ended the conversation.

We shopped quietly, not one word escaped our lips. I sighed.

I am a talkative person. The silence is killing me.

Go Mi Nam was about to pay for the food but before we got in line I said "Wait. We need fruits."

He sighed, "Of course. I forgot you were half monkey."

"Buy me some bananas, sir." I asked politely.

He threw some bananas into the shopping cart while I gently put some nice round oranges in. I grabbed some melons and grapes along with kiwis and mangoes.

"Jeremy, are you planning to buy every single type of fruit they have here or can we leave?" Go Mi Nam asked impatiently, tapping his foot.

"Alright alright. Let's go. We're set." I said, "Let's go home to your precious Sang-Hee." I mocked.

"Give me a break. She's not interested in me." Go Mi Nam said, depressed.

"Hey I was just kidding." I said, regretfully.

"Whatever." he mumbled.

We paid for the food and drove home in complete silence. As soon as the car was parked, I ran inside the house with groceries in my hand. "Go Mi Nyu!" I yelled.

Shin-Woo opened the door and I bumped into him. "Oh hi Shin-Woo Hyung." I said to his chest.

He rubbed my head, "Need some help?" he asked.

"Yeah, go bring in the rest of the stuff from Go Mi Nam's car." I said.

Hwang Tae-Kyung's Point of View

After the shower, I returned back to my room, where I stayed in for more than 2 hours.

"Go Mi Nyu!" Jeremy yelled.

I snapped my eyes open.

Finally! An excuse to come downstairs.

I hurriedly ran down the stairs. At the foot of the stairs I carefully composed myself.

Scowl, check. Straight back, check. Pursed lips, check.

I walked into the kitchen with my hands behind my back. I picked at the groceries with a frown. I scanned the room for Mi Nyu. She was talking to Manager Ma and Coordinator Wang quietly. Sang-Hee and her mother sat across from them conversing with each other.

What the hell?

Even though Manager Ma had his back facing me, I could see dark red lipstick smeared on his face. He was also wearing a wig and a dress that didn't match his figure.

"So you finally came down Tae-Kyung." Shin-Woo said from behind me, handing me the bags of food.

Manager Ma whipped around and I could fully see that his face was covered in all sorts of make-up, from mascara to eyeliner to eyeshadow. Even his nails and toenails were painted bright pink. He looked up at me, slightly embarrassed.

Really? You look like this even when Shin-Woo's mother is here? Thank goodness the kids aren't here.

I sighed. Mi Nyu turned around and looked at me. She gave me a small smile, relieved that I was okay. My anger flushed out of my system.

Perhaps she really does love me. I can't tell what's going on in her head. She can love me for a second and then immediately love Shin-Woo.

I smiled gently for a second and then replace it with a frown. "Go Mi Nyu, aren't you going to help make dinner tonight?" I asked, holding up the bags in my hand.

"Tae-Kyung Oppa!" Sang-Hee jumped up and ran into me, forcing me to catch her.

"They're such a sweet couple." Ms. Kang whispered to Coordinator Wang.

Coordinator Wang nodded awkwardly, "Yes..they are."

"Ah yeah, Hyung-nim." Mi Nyu said, getting up and dragging her feet to me.

I slowly pulled myself away from Sang-Hee's arms and set the bags on the kitchen counter. I opened the bags and took the contents out. "Fruits. Just fruits?" I asked, confused. I sighed, "Jeremy." I took the fruits and stored them in the refrigerator.

"Where are the real ingredients?" I asked Go Mi Nam as he walked in the kitchen with the rest of the groceries.

"I have them" he said, setting the bags in front of me.

"What are you making, Oppa?" Mi Nyu asked.

"You'll see. Get out of here. I am making it." he commanded, shooing Mi Nyu and Sang-Hee gently out. "That includes you as well, Tae-Kyung." he said, narrowing his eyes.

Dinner went by smoothly and quickly after Mi Nam and Jeremy had their share of laughs when they saw Manager Ma clad in a dress. Whenever Shin-Woo's mother asked about my relationship with Sang-Hee, I created flawless lies and I went along with the lies that Sang-Hee spun. Mi Nyu didn't talk much because Shin-Woo did most of the talking and lying. He probably didn't want to stain her innocence even more than necessary.

How caring he is.

I frowned as I washed the dishes with Go Mi Nam. Jeremy was busy preparing some of the fruits he bought to share with everyone. I ignored Mi Nam and he ignored me. I was surprised when he asked me, "Do you like Sang-Hee? Like as in more than a friend?"

"Who said she was my friend in the first place?" I asked, annoyed.

He smiled a little and continued to wash the dishes. "There's not much more to wash. Can you finish them?" I asked.

"Whatever." he said, still smiling a little.

I dried my hands on a nearby towel and slowly walked to the living room where everyone was sitting and eating fruit.

"Here you go, ma'am." Jeremy said, bowing and handing a plate of fruits to Manager Ma.

I shook my head and sighed again.

Coordinator Noona wasn't kidding about making him look like a girl.

Sang-Hee waved at me and patted the spot next to her. I held in my sigh and quietly went and sat next to her. She quickly held my hand despite my shock. Mi Nyu had her head down with her face red.

What's this? Is she blushing?

My eyes located Shin-Woo's arms which were wrapped around Go Mi Nyu's waist while he talking to his mother calmly. I hid my anger well. "Mi Nyu, how was your day today?" I casually asked.

She looked up and blushed a dark red color. "Good." she nervously said, "How was your day, Hyung-nim?" she asked, looking down again.

"Fine." I said.

"It's getting late mother, I'll show you to your room." Shin-Woo insisted.

"Son, it's only nine. You treat me as if I am an old granny." she scolded playfully, "But I am a little tired from the plane ride. So I guess I will turn in early tonight."

Shin-Woo released Mi Nyu and bent over and whispered, "I'll be back soon." and kissed her softly on the forehead.

The tension in the room became to rise exponentially with everyone's eyes trained on my reaction. Ms. Kang was smiling brightly, oblivious to the sudden change in the atmosphere, as she laughed, "So cute!"

Jeremy stared at me, begging me not to let my temper overcome my rational thoughts. I inhaled deeply and exhaled.

Calm down Tae-Kyung. Calm down. If you don't you'll ruin everything.

Shin-Woo took hold of his mother's hand and walked her up to her room. Before they went up stairs, he turned around and looked at me. I showed no emotion. I felt empty. I need to be alone or I really will ruin the facade. I said nothing as I got up and walked up to my room. In my room I hit the pillow and threw it against the wall.

I know its for the sake of the band but did you really have to go that far? Why not just take a knife to my heart?

I laid on my bed, staring at the ceiling for hours. The talking died down and everyone returned to their room and went to sleep. As soon as I heard the quiet snoring, I grabbed a flashlight and crept out of my room, past Mi Nyu's room and walked outside.

I need some fresh air to think this through.

I walked away from the house, trying to get rid of the memory of the kiss from replaying in my head over and over. I didn't take notice when the flashlight's battery died while I was aimlessly wandering about. When I calmed down, I realized I couldn't see a single thing. I cursed under my breath for being so stupid. "Hyung-nim?" a soft voice asked.

 


Keep on reading! Don't neglect and forget to Review/comment on this chapter! Subscribe!