Chapter 4

True Love (You're Beautiful FanFic)

 

DUN DUN DA DUN! I proudly present the long awaited chapter 4! Sorry for the wait. Btw I don't have a hand ...because this chapter is mostly about hands. ^_^ jk..(kind of) well as always enjoy!


Chapter 4

Hwang Tae-Kyung Point of View

I am going crazy. No, crazy is not enough to describe me. Insane. Yes, I am insane. I must be insane with all of this happening. HAHAHA isn't this situation almost insane as me? Look at Mi Nyu sitting here, listening to all this calmly. What's her secret? How can she do that? Her boyfriend next to her is freaking out and losing his sanity and she's just here sitting quietly?

Everyone looked at me, begging earnestly with their eyes.

You guys can't stare me down. I don't crack under peer pressure. I won't breakdown. I won't. I won't.

"I won't!" I yelled, "No, you're asking too much. It's impossible. I won't allow it."

"But Tae-Kyung-" Manager Ma began, " We need you to do it. Just one last time. Please? Can't you do it for the sake of the band? Think of all the fans, and our employees. Without you, we will fall into bankruptcy which we'll never get out of. Think of President Anh, how heartbroken he would be to find out his life never reached jackpot." he begged, trying to send me on a guilt trip.

"No." I said firmly, glaring at him.

"Tae-Kyung hyung, you just need to pretend you're Sang-Hee's lover until Shin-Woo's mother leaves." Go Mi Nam said, jealousy in his eyes.

"I can careless about that. I've pretended to be someone else's boyfriend before. I don't want Go Mi Nyu to have to pretend as well." I said, gritting my teeth.

I worked so hard to get Mi Nyu. I can't give her up when I went through hell for her. Especially not to Shin-Woo.

"She doesn't have to pretend, you know."said Go Mi Nam, " Personally I believe that Shin-Woo is highly more lover worthy material for Mi Nyu. Am I right or what?"

There was a murmur of agreement between Manager Ma and Coordinator Wang. I silenced them with my eyes. The murmurs stopped immediately. "Hey! We're suppose to be having fun! This is a party remember? So let's eat and enjoy the delicious food that Shin-Woo, Go Mi Nam, and I prepared for all of you. I can go through my old comedy sketches if you want." Jeremy said, trying to lighten the dense atmosphere.

"Yes, let's eat. C'mon eat." said Manager Ma, motioning everyone to start eating and hungrily eying the pork.

Plates clattered and bowls of rice were exchanged. With chop-sticks in hand, everyone began to help themselves. Manager Ma was either unaware or didn't care about the awkward silence that still wavered in the air. He was too busy gorging himself. Coordinator Wang was timidly but furiously consuming her dinner. Shin-Woo, who was seated across from Go Mi Nyu, gave Mi Nyu the biggest and most juiciest piece of steak. Manager Ma was staring at this exchange with longing and jealous eyes. "I got you the best piece there is, Mi Nyu. Enjoy it." Shin-Woo calmly said.

"Thank-you Shin-Woo Hyung." Mi Nyu polity said. She reached over to grab the biggest napa cabbage in the kimchi.

Don't tell me she's going to give the biggest piece to him..

Before she can drop on his plate, "Thank-you, Go Mi Nyu." I said as I snatched the cabbage from her chopsticks.

She looked at me funny, I smiled angelically. "Hyung-nim, that was for Shin-Woo."

"You must be mistaken. You were about to hand it to me but you thought I probably don't like it. But you're wrong, I love kimchi. What's not to love about it? It's smelly but..delicious." I flinched at the pickled smell.

"It's okay Mi Nyu. I have my share of kimchi." said Shin-Woo in a quiet and soft voice.

"Shin-Woo, would you like a piece of the meat then?" Go Mi Nyu offered.

Smiling lightly, "Sure" said Shin-Woo. Go Mi Nyu cut a piece of the steak and passed it to Shin-Woo.

I stuffed the cabbage in my mouth roughly, almost choking due to the strong taste. "Hyung-nim, are you okay?" Go Mi Nyu asked, worried.

"I am fine." I said curtly. I continued eating like nothing happened.

"Where are the kids? It's getting pretty late. They should be home by now." said Go Mi Nyu.

Jeremy looked up, smiling brightly, "They're staying at a really really nice hotel. I rented out rooms for them." Jeremy said, chewing, "I bought tickets for them for a musical tomorrow morning. After the musical, they're going to go to all sorts of fun museums and the day after tomorrow they're going to the amusement part!"

"Jeremy. You're so sweet! I bet the kids love you." Go Mi Nyu smiled warmly.

"Why would you do that" I asked, my face in a scowl.

"I love kids and I feel sorry that they didn't have the chance to explore the place they live in for so long. I want them to see the things they never seen and do things they never done. Most importantly I want them to enjoy the sugary stuff they had so little of." Jeremy said with a cute smile but sad eyes.

"Jeremy, thank-you." Mi Nyu said in a sincere voice..

I should have thought of that.

"Hyung are you annoyed? Hyung, do I annoy you?" Jeremy teased.

"Tae-Kyung, if you keep frowning like that, it will become permanent." joked Shin-Woo.

"You don't have to worry about looking cool anymore, all the fan girls love me already. You're number 2." Go Mi Nam bragged.

"You're number one in my heart!" joined Sang-Hee.

"Slow down! No one is going to steal your food. If you keep eating at that speed you'll choke!" warned Coordinator Wang, eying Manager Ma with a disgusted look.

Just then Manager Ma really did start choking. Coughing and trying to dislodge the food in his throat, Coordinator Wang gave him a hard slap right on his back. Out flew a piece of pork from his mouth which landed right on Jeremy's head.

"EW! Get it off! Get it off!" Jeremy screamed getting up and running around the room, waving his hands.

We look like a happy family right now. A family who overcomes major obstacles together. So let us forget our problems for now and concentrate on our happiness together. Let me forget the problems and let me enjoy this moment.

Caught up in Jeremy's silliness and everyone's joyous laughter, I held Mi Nyu's hand under the table and we howled together.


After the good was gone and desserts clean, the dishes were washed, dried, and put in the cupboards. Shin-Woo called for a group meeting in the living room.

I sat on the sofa, frowning. Mi Nyu sat next to me and beside her was Jeremy. Manager Ma, Coordinator Wang, Go Mi Nam, and Sang-Hee were sprawled on the floor.

Shin-Woo was standing in front of us, his eyes were serious. "So we have a problem as you know. My mother is coming in a few days thinking that Sang-Hee and I have a significant other and wants to meet them. If she comes here and finds out that we were lying, she would pull me out of the band faster than lightning and withdraw all the money before President Ahn could even put up a fight. I have thought about this while eating and this is my plan. Please don't interrupt me before I finish." he said, eying me.

I nodded firmly.

"When my mother gets here, Mi Nyu should act like my loving girlfriend and Tae-Kyung should act like a happy boyfriend of Sang-Hee. This should be carefully done in a convincing matter in order to avoid any suspicion from my mother's sharp eagle eyes." Shin-Woo continued, "Now, my mother is aware that I have been dating a girl for the past six months but only very recently found out that it was Mi Nyu. During those six months, I suspect that a relationship would be very serious. So Mi Nyu and I could not get away without detection if we stayed far apart from each other. Tae-Kyung and Sang-Hee on the other hand have just gotten into a relationship so therefore they don't have to have constant skin contact."

"Objection!" Go Mi Nam shouted, standing up with one finger in the air. "I say Sang-Hee shouldn't have any skin contact with Tae-Kyung." he said, his eyes moving nervously.

"Mi Nam, sit down." Manager Ma scolded once he saw my glare.

Is Shin-Woo trying to say that he and Mi Nyu should do more than hold hands?

Shin-Woo continued like nothing happened, "This should be treated as if it were real and not an act. We have to be very careful of the things we say and do. My mother is not stupid and if someone messes up she'll be on us like wild fire." he said with a business face, "Any questions, other ideas, objections?"

"Shin-Woo Hyung, can we have time to think about this?" asked Mi Nyu.

Shin-Woo smiled lightly, "Of course, but don't take too long. I need to know by tomorrow morning so I can prepare."

Prepare for what? This is insane.

"Well, you guys can leave now. It's getting pretty late." Shin-Woo said calmly.

"Wait! Everyone sit back down!" Jeremy ordered.

"What? What is it? Another problem?" asked Coordinator Wang.

"No. I've been dying to say this all my life." Jeremy said, with a smile, "This meeting is now...adjourned!" he clapped.

"Wow. Wow. Seriously Jeremy? You wasted ten seconds of my life right there." Go Mi Nam said with an annoyed face.

"Gee thanks Go Mi Nam. You're face just ruined my life." retorted Jeremy.

"Hey! The girls absolutely love my face." Go Mi Nam argued, walking up the stairs to their rooms.

"The girls absolutely lied about your face." Jeremy said, twisting Go Mi Nam's words, following behind.

"How can you guys still argue with all the crazy stuff that's happening?" wondered Manager Ma, following Jeremy.

Soon it was just me and Mi Nyu in the living room.

I need to talk to her alone, but how should I ask her without me looking stupid?

"Hyung-nim, can we go outside and talk?" she asked.

I smirked, "Okay. Let's go." I turned around, relieved that she had asked me before I made a fool of myself.

The air outside at night was a relief as well. It was cool and refreshing. We slowly walked to an open field near the house. Go Mi Nyu walked in front of me carrying a small blanket, turning back she said "This is where the kids would run around and play. Isn't it nice Hyung-nim?" her smile was bright even in the dark.

"Don't walk so far from me. I can barely see five feet ahead." I scowled, frustrated I couldn't see very well.

"Let's stop here." she said, releasing the folded blanket and gently laying it down on the ground. We sat down, looking up at the night sky. She looked at the stars in amazement while I frowned in the darkness, jealous that I couldn't see.

We sat that for awhile, at peace, just listening to the crickets chirp. The orphanage was remote and far away from the cacophonous noise and pungent smell of city life. I love the colors that paint the landscape here. The mustard yellow mixes well with the earthy brown and light green.

"Hyung-nim, I know how important the band is to you. Which is why..."Go Mi Nyu said, trailing off, "Which is why I am going to go along with Shin-Woo's plan." she continued.

"Mi Nyu, you don't have to go along with this charade. I'll find another way to solve this." I said, my voice wavering on the end.

Even I don't believe there's another way to get out of this without depending on Shin-Woo's plan.

"Hyung-nim, there's no other way. I am going to be Shin-Woo's girlfriend when his mother comes." Mi Nyu said, looking determined that it's going to work.

"Why? Why are you so ready to set yourself up like this?" I asked in a gentle voice.

"It's the only way to save the band. Oppa worked so hard to make it here and it can't just end like this. If it ends like this, it will be my fault. Shin-Woo was forced to announce that I am his girlfriend because of my mistakes. I have to accept the consequences no matter how bitter they are." she said, still looking up at the sky. "I also want to this because I feel like its the only way to protect Oppa, Jeremy, Manager Ma, Coordinator Nona, Shin-Woo, and you. Don't hate me because of this. I know how much you oppose this plan. Please don't hate me."

"I won't." I said, softly.

I can't think of another way and I doubt I can talk her out of it. I can't do anything but accept. I feel helpless.

Trying to tear away the serious tension in the air, "At least you get to know Sang-Hee better." she teased.

I frowned, "That's not funny. I bet you're looking forward to spending some quality time with Shin-Woo. Maybe he can teach you the art of brewing tea."

"I do like tea a lot.." she said, trailing off.

She's getting more troublesome now that she learned sarcasm.

Trying to hide my jealousy behind an annoyed face, "You should buy a tea farm and grow tea for the rest of your life. Don't bother me if you do. I don't like tea."

"Hyung-nim, are you jealous? I love tea, but I prefer water." said Mi Nyu, with a small smile.

"Are you sure you can go along with this?" I asked.

"Yes. I can deal with it. With all that happened when I pretended to be Oppa, this should be easy, like dreaming." she said confidently.

"Oh. Dreaming? Dreaming of who? Shin-Woo?" I asked, my skin green with jealousy.

"Are you sure you can pretend to date Sang-Hee?" she asked, changing the subject.

"Of course. I've done it once haven't I?" I bragged.

Mi Nyu fidgeted and squirmed into my arms. "It's kinda cold," she said, "but you're warm Hyung-nim."

I was secretly pleased but I acted annoyed. " Don't get too comfortable, Go Mi Nyu." I lightly scolded her.

"Ah yeah, Hyung-nim." she yawned, "I will try really hard not to." Her eyes were drooping.

"Go Mi Nyu, are you really going to sleep here?" I asked quietly, careful not to disturb her too much.

"Mhmm." she answered sleepily, "House is too far.." she trailed off.

Normally I wouldn't allow this. But with all that happened today, if you think about it, it really was tiring.

Hmph. Sleeping under the stars wouldn't be that bad I guess. It is kinda nice outside.

I sigh happily.

This is great. Mi Nyu is sleeping in my arms. Hmm. Are there any mosquitoes here?

"Mi Nyu.." I tapped her shoulder a little. She stirred a little.

"Yes, Hyung-nim?" she asked drowsily.

"Are there.." I began to ask, but I realized that I didn't care much if there were any mosquitoes. "I love you." I whispered.

She turned her head into my neck. I could feel her gently breathing against my collar bone. "Mhmm. Yeah Hyung-nim."she said with her eyes closed, drifting into sleep.

She probably didn't hear it. Or maybe she did but it didn't register in her brain. I sighed.

Oh well. At least I said it. If she didn't hear it, it's her fault. Plus I doubt she needs to hear me say it to understand how much I love her. I mean I say it through my actions in a discreet way.

I blindly watched the stars, welcoming sleep as it overcomes me.


I woke up to a burning sensation on my skin. My throat felt as if it was on fire. Still groggy and disoriented, I got up, scratching my head and examined the environment.

Where did the bed go..and the walls..and ceiling...crap everything is missing. Wait. We camped outside last night right. Ugh. My head hurts. Where's Mi Nyu.

She was still sleeping next to me. Her face looked peaceful and relaxed. Dazed by her sleeping face I forgot about the sun until it starting to sting my skin.

Crap. We're gonna get sunburned.

"Mi Nyu, wake up. You have to move." I said as a shook her a little. She was still sleeping. "Mi Nyu. Wake up now." I said sternly, shaking her harder. But it was futile.

"Tae-Kyung, what are you doing?" asked Shin-Woo, who appeared behind me.

"How did you find us?" I asked. We didn't leave a note let alone tell anyone where we went.

"I can detect your arrogance a mile away." Shin-Woo teased, smiling.

"Hmph." I grumbled.

Shin-Woo came closer and looked at Go Mi Nyu. "What are you doing?" he repeated.

"Trying wake her before she gets an embarrassing tan." I replied curtly, still annoyed of his stupid joke. "But she's a heavy sleeper."

"Here let me try. I bet I can wake her up." offered Shin-Woo.

I stood up and moved away, allowing him to attempt waking the sleeping giant from her deep slumber.

"Go Mi Nyu, please wake up." he asked delicately.

"Pft." I said, pursing my lips, "Are you going to beg her until she wakes up? That's not very effective."

He ignored my comments and continued to ask politely. When he finally realized that it's not going to work he sighed and pulled her into a hug.

I stared at him, stupefied of his abrupt action. Go Mi Nyu began to stir. "Mhmm." she groaned, "Tae-Kyung.."

I smiled as Shin-Woo's face dropped slightly. She woke up, rubbing her eyes "Hyung-nim, I had a weird dream." she said, opening her eyes. She was shocked to see Shin-Woo holding her. "Uh..Good morning, Shin-Woo hyung." she greeted him, confused.

"Good morning Go Mi Nyu. I assume you slept well?" said Shin-Woo with his heartwarming smile.

"Ah yeah. Did you sleep good too?" Mi Nyu asked.

"I did." nodded Shin-Woo, "We have to get back to the house. Jeremy and Go Mi Nam are making breakfast for us. We have to hurry or someone is going to end up murdered." He helped her up and started walking towards the house, still holding her hand.

"Ah yeah, Shin-Woo hyung." Mi Nyu said, allowing Shin-Woo to drag her along.

I can't stand this.

I snapped out of the shocked state. "Go Mi Nyu come here." I commanded, waving my finger at her.

Shin-Woo stopped and dropped Mi Nyu's hand, "I guess I'll go ahead. Tae-Kyung, make sure you get to the house fast. If it's strangely quiet, don't come in the kitchen and call the cops." he said, smiling as he turned and ran towards the house.

Mi Nyu stared at him as he picked up speed and when he was out of sight she started to walk back to me. "Yes, Hyung-nim?"

"You know Shin-Woo's mother isn't even here yet." I pointed out, glaring.

"What, Hyung-nim?" she asked, perplexed.

"Are you really that eager to become Shin-Woo's girlfriend?" I questioned, with an annoyed look.

"Hyung-nim. You know I am only do this to save the band." she pouted, "You've been so jealous lately. So jealous that you match the color of lime."

How dare she.

I swallowed the insult and with a serious face I asked, "Go Mi Nyu, did you hear what I said last night?"

She cocked her head to the right, "About camping outside? Yes I heard you. Why?".

I knew it. Why does that pig brain listen to useless stuff and not important facts? Well it would be embarrassing to say it now.

"Oh. No reason. I just wanted to see if you were paying attention when you were about to die on me." I shrugged my head. "Speaking of dying and death, shall we go see who died? Whether if it's your brother, Jeremy, or your new boyfriend. Plus I bet you're itching to go hug Shin-Woo back."

"Hyung-nim! You're hair is green in the sunlight." she insulted, turning her back against me and walking towards the house.

I smiled, careful to make sure she didn't catch me. I trailed slowly behind her. As we got near the backdoor, we heard shouting, screaming, yelling, and all sorts of harsh vocabulary.

Doesn't seem like we need the cops...yet.

My smile disappeared as Mi Nyu frantically pulled the door opened with more force than necessary.

I quickly barged into the cacophonous kitchen. Jeremy was near the stove armed with a spatula with Go Mi Nam near the sink equipped with a butter knife. Wielding a spoon, Manager Ma attempted to coax Jeremy and Mi Nam to lay down their dangerous kitchen utensils. Coordinator Wang was sitting at the table filing her nails and Shin-Woo was pouring tea for her, both were completely ignoring the scene.

Jeremy was the first to spot us. "Go Mi Nyu!" he screamed happily, dropping his spatula, "I missed you! You're brother was so mean to me! Where were you?" he was about to hug her but I quickly yanked her out of his reach.

"That's not true! Don't believe his sugar-coated lies!" Mi Nam warned, raising his butter knife.

"What's going on here?" I asked.

"The usual." replied Coordinator Wang, without looking up from her nails.

"Coordinator Noona, the tea is ready. Drink it while it's still hot." Shin-Woo said, nudging her.

"Oppa, please put down your knife!" Mi Nyu ordered.

Mi Nam lowered the small cutting tool but did not put it down. "He started it!" he accused, pointing a finger at Jeremy.

"What happened?" Mi Nyu calmly asked.

"All I said was if he liked Sang-Hee then he should make a heart-shaped omelet. Then this fool started to deny it like I just found out his most deepest darkest inner secret that he guards with his life." said Jeremy.

"Yeah! But you said it in your dumb, phony, teasing voice!" Mi Nam added.

"Look! It doesn't matter let's just sit down and enjoy the breakfast." insisted Manager Ma.

"Yes. Let's." I agreed, pulling Mi Nyu with me to the table.

"Is Sang-Hee still sleeping?" Mi Nyu asked Shin-Woo as we sat down.

The bickering between Jeremy and Go Mi Nam abruptly stopped. The entire room was put on freeze and mute. Shin-Woo ignored the deafening silence. Taking a sip of tea from his cup, "No."

"Where is she then?" Mi Nyu wondered.

Shin-Woo looked up to watch her reaction. "She got up early to pick my mother up from the airport."

 


THANKS FOR READING! Subscribe/review/comment! Hopefully the next chapter will be filled with DRAMA!