Annyeong

Happy Ending?

“So… This is it…? Unnie…? You’re gonna leave me like this..?  Alone..?”

“Oh, shut up Cho Hee, stop being so dramatic. I’m only going to leave you for a month, not forever. And no, I’m not leaving you alone, you have this Min-ah here.  And I don’t like your fake sobbings, it makes you look uglier than you already are.”

“Urgh come on I was just practicing for auditions unnie. Well what would you know right? You can barely sing.”

“Do I need to remind you that I sing better than you?”

“Since when?”

“Since I won at the noraebang the other day. Do you have anything else to say?”

I pretended that I didn’t listen to her reply. Instead, I turned my head around to look for a chocolate store.

“That’s what I thought so too. Now help me with the bags you lazyass.”

“Hahaha unnie you just got served!”

And Min-ah had to interfere.

“You too Min-ah, help me with the luggage. God, you guys didn’t expect me to carry these all by myself right? I mean, there must be a reason why I wanted you guys to be here.”

I stuck my tongue out to Min-ah and reached for the nearest small red bag and groaned. What the heck did she dumped in here? Why is it so god damn heavy? I tried to lift it up with the forces of both of my hands but that didn’t worked too. It didn’t even move an inch!

“Yah, unnie, what did you put in this bag? Rocks?”

“Yeap.”

My eyes almost popped out of their sockets at her answer. I frantically the bag to find hundreds of small pebbles in it. This old woman is definitely out of her mind.

“Unnie. Why pebbles.”

“For safety reasons. Who knows I might get or snatched there? I’ve never been anywhere besides here.”

“Let’s think rationally now. Who would want to an old sag like you?”

“Yeah, and the probability of this old sag to make you jobless  is very high right now. You wouldn’t want that right?”

“Urgh why do you always manage to make me stop talking, it’s so annoying.”

Min-ah suddenly huffed from the back and looked at me accusingly. I raised my eyebrow, not getting what she’s trying to tell me.

“Yah, unnie, could you walk faster? My hands are already sore!”

I bulged my eyes at her words. Sheesh, she needs to learn manners, really! How can she ‘yah’ me? This disrespectful kid—

“Stop talking to yourself, she learned that from you yourself. You yah-ed me too just now.”

Wow, Taeyeon unnie is a really smart woman. Of course, one of the reasons that she’s my idol. Not that she knows about it. I’ll totally be teased by her for the rest of my life. I stare at her figure, from head to toe. Her now-silk-black hair is tied into a neat bun. Her eyes were covered with shades (probably one of her tries to hide her tears for later). She applied light make up to her face that didn’t make her look like a clown, but instead she looked like an angel. Her maintained s-line was complimented by a light pink floral blouse and a long plain white skirt. At this rate, she might actually get on the plane itself. Taeyeon unnie is undeniably beautiful. Eventhough I just said that she was an old sag, I actually have a girl crush on her. I wish to have her by my side as my mom. Suddenly, something snapped in my head. Taeyeon hates taking rests. She said it to me herself! She hates things like taking a break or holidays. She wishes to work for eternity.

“Unnie, what is your actual reason of flying to China?”

She seems to be surprised at my question.

“Um, I don’t know, I just feel like doing it. You know, we’re getting older and not younger, Cho Hee. Who knows we might not see the world tomorrow?” She ended her sentence with a chuckle.

“Flight A0725 to China will depart soon. Passengers are to board the plane now.”

Taeyeon took her shades off and gave me the most amazing smile I’ve ever gotten from her. My eyes start to produce tears for some reason that I’m not sure myself. I turned to Min-ah to witness her crying too. But it isn’t the same when my pair of eyes met with Taeyeon’s pair. Her brown shining orbs were full with relief and happiness. I reached for her slowly and trapped her in a breathless hug. My tears started to strain down my cheeks to her covered shoulder. I don’t even know why I’m getting so emotional when she’ll only be gone for a month. Maybe it’s because she’s the only thing that is close to a mother to me.

“Hey, I’ll be back, don’t worry! Don’t cry Cho Hee, you’re prettier  when you smile. We can still Skype everyday right? Gosh, you’re forever the drama queen, really!”

I choked a fake laugh and let go of her even if I don’t want to. Min-ah’s eyes were already red and her cheeks looked like she just took a shower. That is how much Taeyeon’s existence affects the people around her. Min-ah just knew her for a few months but she’s now crying like she knew Taeyeon since she was a toddler. I could say that our bonds are as strong as a real family. Ever since Hana and Kyungsoo left me, Min-ah’s shoulders were the ones I cried on. I might sound like an attention seeker but I couldn’t careless. I’m facing the rough side of my life right now and I really need a pair of listening ears.I heard that it’s unhealthy if we were to keep our depression to ourselves. If I chose a guy, that would certainly make me a worse attention seeker, wouldn’t it? So it's better to choose someone rather than being known as an attention seeker. 

 

When both of them were done, Taeyeon looked directly into my eyes, her eyes reflects sadness. But her lips are still in the shape of the perfect smile, her teeth showing slightly. Her long hand reached the top of my head and she pats my hair oh so lovingly. She opened to say something but nothing came out. Instead, a thin layer of her saliva stretches in between her lips. After a few seconds of staying mute, she finally said something. 

 

"Um, Lee Cho Hee, you're a beautiful person, you do know that right? Please whatever you do, you must know that I love you wherever I am. I love you like you're my own child and it will stay that way always and forever."

 

"Yah unnie, what are you talking about, come on, I don't want to go through all this emo stuff again please, you know how I feel about you."

".........."

"Yes, that does sound wrong...."

"In so many levels...."

"Yeah sure whatever, are you planning to miss the flight? Cause you look like it."

"Urgh, I will never get to stop talking if its with you."

"Cause I'm adorable righttt."

"Em, no, anyway, you both need to check your emails all the time okay? This is serious talk right now, seriously, Min Ah no ugly faces please."

We both pushed her towards the direction that she needs to go cause she won't leave us without giving 1001 things to do when she isn't around. Taeyeon scrunched her face to the fact that we just shoved but we ignored her face and kept on waving our hands at her. She chuckled at last, and gave us a small warm smile. I didn't even realise when my tears started to roll down my cheeks. I put on my shades to cover my red eyes -- effect from the crying -- and held Min Ah's hand. 

 

"Let's go home, dongsaeng-ah~"

 

And we skipped out of the airport like the idiots we are.

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N :

 

I'm really for the long wait and short chapter! I didn't update for such a long time because of some events that happened. Anyway, more things to come on the next chapters! Hope you enjoy and please subcribe, and leave some comment. And... upvote it maybe? hahahha

 

loves,

AZ