Himchan

The Rabbits' Asylum

THE BLOODY HELL IS GOING ON HERE?!

What am I doing in a cage? And what the hell happened to my face!?

 

Frankly I dislike these sorts of surprises I really do. I don’t know why I even signed up to become a government spy. However now I think about it I remember; it was due to boredom. After studying in the one field for so long it gets to be a bit of a mundane task so I searched out other fields. In the agency the only thing I’ve done is undercover work. Normally I have to act like a pimp or a lady killer to get information from women. They pick me because of my face.

 

BUT THE DAMN SCRATCH HAS RUINED IT!

 

Sometime ago I remember a cloth soaked in something covering my face and then that was it. It must have been chloroform or something. I think the others got drugged too. However I don’t remember our leader’s head bleeding. Daehyun sounded helpless as he said to our hyung, stammering, “hyung… W-where are we?”

“I don’t know. But what I do know is that we should try and escape.” They all focused on me just because I scoffed.


“Have you seen where we are?” I pointed out. “We’re in a freaking cage! Jun Hong can barely even stand up.” Our maknae sat on the floor, looking pitiful.


“Shhh,” Youngjae cut me off. “We don’t know whose listening. For all we know this cage could be rigged with listening devices—“

“—Oh so you say that now?!” I gave him a shove, “you’re the expert! You should have found them by now.”

Yongguk sighed. He didn’t have anything to really say to contribute. I could see that he was thinking; he wouldn't look at us so I knew from that. Jongup walked over to the plate, picking up a carrot. “Where did these come from?” He waved the grubby vegetable at us.

“God knows,” I answered. “What are we meant to do with them?” With that a door opened, we all paused. Yongguk summoned us all together and we sat crouched in a circle, prepared for any conflict. I reached behind me and grabbed thin air.

What happened to my crossbow?! The bastards took my crossbow!


“They’re awake,” one of the men said out of the two. “The carrots are untouched except for the one there.” Jongup looked at him nervously. The other seemed to have a bowl in his hand. “We forgot to give them their water. Do they have enough sawdust?”

Sawdust; why would we need..?

As a result of what he said I glanced behind me. There was a large mound of the stuff in the far back. Something about this situation was weird.
“Ok shall we leave them be?” They went to another end, opened a door and put the bowl down.
“We’ll let them settle down for the night.” I went for the wire, hooking my fingers through the loops.


“Hey Himchan…”

“HEY WHAT THE HECK IS THIS!?” I shook the wire, trying to get their attention. “WHY ARE WE HERE?! WHY AREN’T YOU GIVING US HUMAN FOOD; I WANT AN AMERICANO RIGHT NOW!” Yongguk came up behind me only to pull me away.


“AT LEAST GIVE ME A DAMN BANDAGE BEFORE MY FACE SCARS UP!” After that I ran out of energy. I slumped down to my knees, panting.

“Hmm,” Youngjae seemed to be contemplating. “You said something about human food right?” I nodded dumbly.


“I wonder if this is some sort of torture, just generally speaking.” He looked around, the full three hundred and sixty degrees. “No food but vegetables, we have water. No bed but a pile of saw dust. Do you think it could be…?”

“No way,” the colour began to drain from Jongup’s face. “You’re telling us that we’re being treated like..?”

“—like we’re rabbits?”

 

That’s it. I have no reason to live. I don’t want to be treated like some mangy rodent!  

I alarmed Jun Hong by grabbing his hands and putting them around my neck.
“Screw life just end it now!” Jun Hong struggled to break free,I forced him to apply pressure. “I’d rather die than be trapped here!”


Unfortunately Jongup spotted what was happening. “Somebody stop him,” he called out. Daehyun standing to the side, trembling. He did that when he was scared.
“Jun Hong,” Yongguk sighed, “let go of him.”

“Don’t listen to him! You have the best chance of killing me!” However he did just that. For a second attempt I rushed to the water bowl, ducking my whole face into it.


“Hyung this is stupid!” Jongup yanked my head out, droplets trickled down my face. “We aren’t going to let you die!” For a while I sat there, not moving letting the water drip off my face and leaving dark splotches on my clothes. Due to my outburst the others left me alone however they still watched me.

How am I supposed to end my life with my group saving me at every chance I get? This is the worst place to possibly be. Even hell seems more of a sanctuary.

 

*********************************************************************************

Two updates in one go. I hope I’m getting the feels, I want to make sure that each character has a different expression with their p.o.v to give it a unique feel. Thanks to everyone who’s reading.