Jongup

The Rabbits' Asylum

 

I knew it. I just knew it from the way he said how he missed him.

 

Ugh this isn’t right.

 

It’s downright disgusting.

 

I regretted waking up to change positions and catching the two singing away like oh please don’t make me say it… Lovebirds! Thanks to them I couldn’t sleep. My mind kept being active.

 

Does Yongguk hyung know?

 

Is there anyone else on the team that knows about them?

 

Have they kissed?

 

I shuddered at the last one. It really bothered me. I would have rather thought that neither of them was interested in love but it seems that I was mistaken. If only if it wasn’t the kind of love that was taboo.

 

 The organisation wouldn’t support it. No matter how much they may value each employee whether they do office work or the dirty jobs in the end relationships were meant to be kept confidential and… Relationships like that weren’t allowed.

 

Why is it so hard for me to just say what it is?

 

Is it because it would confirm they are a couple?

 

Hold on back up a minute Jongup. You know that Youngjae is… Well ‘that’ but what about Daehyun hyung? I didn’t pick him to be that type.

 

Crap my thoughts are really awkward when I omit a word. Let it out and be done.

 

I didn’t pick Daehyun hyung to be GAY. There now I can go to sleep, I think?

 

The next morning the two were away from each other, Youngjae was with Yongguk and Zelo being a silent observer while Daehyun was with Himchan. Right now wasn’t a good time to try and confront either of them but I didn’t know when would work. Being imprisoned together caused lack of privacy.

 

Eventually Youngjae went to add another day to his secret tally. It was my chance to pounce.
“Hey hyung can I speak with you for a moment?”

“Yes Jongup-ah, did you sleep well?”

I nodded “I guess,” it would if I had bags under my eyes. “So anyway I know this may be a bit personal and so…” I watched his body stiffen; hands fold together towards his pride and joy. When I say pride and joy I’m not referring to his brain.

Despite his fear he played it cool. “Go on, what is this personal matter you wish to converse with me about?”

“Are you—“

 

The door opening ended that chance. It was our typical gaoler, we shouldn’t have expected more.

“So we’re moving the hypnosis forward?”

“Yes we will progress with it in two days from now.”

Two days?!

 

TWO DAYS?!

 

I saw the worry reflected in our leader’s gaze, Himchan bit his lip. The men continued talking normally.
“So you will progress with the monitoring?”

“When the hypnotist comes I will do it then. I still need time to gather my notes and the case file on these six.”

“Fine, in that case I will let Miss Moon know.”

The hypnotist is female?! Himchan would be thrilled.

 

The man holding the clip folder nodded. “Fine but remember we need to discuss these fine details out of hearing. They aren’t supposed to understand or respond to us.”

“Maybe Miss Moon can do something about that when she’s here.”

They didn’t stay for long. It was as if we were an exhibit in a museum, usually popular but not today. Himchan let out a sigh. “Damn we are screwed.”

“Hyung how will we escape if we get hypnotised; they’ll learn all about our plans.”

“We’ll figure something out,” Yongguk hyung assured our worried Himchan and Youngjae. Daehyun smiled reassuringly to Youngjae which made my insides churn.


I almost didn’t hear Zelo speaking to me. “Hyung are you ok; you’re clenching the wire very tightly.” The wire sprung back as I released it.

 

Himchan came over to me, “you are very tense Jongup is there something the matter?”

 

“Yes hyung!” They stared at me, I glared at Youngjae. “There’s something the matter but it isn’t with me. Is it Youngjae hyung?” Someone drew in a breath.

 

Yongguk glanced at me before turning to Youngjae. “Do you have some sort of bone to pick with Jongup?”

 

Youngjae shook his head. “I don’t think so hyung. I can’t think of anything that I’m doing which is wrong.”

“Wrong is right.”

“Hey Jongup stop it!”

“It’s so wrong it’s sick!” Poking a finger at the back of my throat I emphasized my statement. “Hyung, ask him what he thinks of Daehyun hyung. Go on, ask him!”

The colour was quickly rushing from Youngjae’s face. The time was near; he would be exposed in front of everyone. Our leader raised his eyebrows at me. “Jongup, what are you trying to say?”

“Hyung Youngjae is—“

 

“HELL JONGUP!”

 

The wind was knocked out of me. I didn’t expect Daehyun to suddenly kick me hard, especially in the ribs. I fell back against the ground. He then stood over me, an expression more terrifying through the shadow on his face.

 

“MY FRIENDSHIP WITH YOUNGJAE IS NONE OF YOUR DAMN BUSINESS! DO YOU UNDERSTAND?!”

 

“Daehyun,” Himchan restrained him. I saw his hand clenched at his side. Daehyun turned and walked off, Zelo following after him. Youngjae fell to his knees as if he’d been shot by a pistol. A hand reached out to me. Yongguk helped me to stand, him blocking Daehyun out of my view.

“Don’t even think of trying to fight back. Whatever grudge you have against those two can be resolved without the violence. Or have you forgotten who our real enemy is?”

 

He needn’t say more. Ashamed I nodded to him; my eyes downcast to the ground. My pride had gotten in the way of my relationship with Daehyun and Youngjae. For them to forgive me would seem stupid. I felt stupid.

 

But it didn’t mean that I would agree with them. I didn’t expect to change my mind anytime soon.

 

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Controversial outlook on the actual topic I know but in truth this would be the most likely reaction any Korean singer would have if their team mates possibly were homoual. I'm not sorry if this displeases people to the point where they don't read anymore, there's plenty of other fanfics which have openly gay characters that are accepted in their alternate universe.