Youngjae

The Rabbits' Asylum

This didn’t make sense, because our mission was not to end up trapped like rodents. First we were to infiltrate the main head quarters of the government in North Korea. Secondly find the data and then as a result we would leave. We even had Universal Serial Buses to keep the fifty gigabytes worth of information we required.

Also I think the situation is starting to affect the team's mental health. Zelo was in a corner for a short time, trying to do telepathy. Our leader from what I can see is struggling. He is being brave for Himchan’s sake however I have a feeling that he is struggling too.

Like Zelo, Daehyun won’t move from his corner and Jongup is doing his best to lighten the atmosphere. He was patting Himchan on the back, “don’t worry hyung,  we’re going to get out of here; won’t we Youngjae?”

“Don’t bother me right now,” I was sitting in a secluded area. Right now as the brain of the team it was my task to think of a possible exit plan. At the moment I couldn’t conjure up a single idea. Not one.

“Hyung,” Himchan’s face had changed. “I need to go…” Now we had a problem. We hadn't thought of bathroom breaks.


Yongguk glanced at Himchan, “call out.”


“HEY ANYONE OUT THERE?! I NEED TO PEE!” In order to be heard he rattled the wire. At that moment footsteps from a distance came slowly tapping. All of us became quiet.

Yongguk placed a finger against his lips. “Shh,”  all of us huddled together. Himchan crossed his legs to alleviate the struggle. The speakers’ voice, tone or dialect  was un-recognisable to us. “Was that the subjects?” The person who responded gave us the same result. “Must have been.They speak like the Southern citizens do.”

Hold on, what does he mean?

Jongup opened his mouth, but I ushered him to silence, in the hope that I would be able to hear the rest of their conversation.

“Do you think they know…? What the reason is for them being imprisoned?”

“Hush, they may probably hear what we’re saying.” The footsteps were now closer and louder. They stopped, a door lock clicked. I closed my eyes, imagining the type of lock that was trapping us but all I got was a simple key to door lock. A soft creak as the door swung open. Two men, both in white coats walked over. In reality I felt we could take them on; they were of average height and build. I studied their facial features. Nothing about them seemed foreign, their speech however was. For now I had a vague idea of  what they were.

“What do you want Southern rabbits?!” We shrank back for a moment.


“I’m bursting to go!” Himchan declared. The men laughed at him, an eerie sound to our ears. Zelo said something but we couldn't reply. I think he was practicing his alien language. “Me wah bap doo zzoooo weee woo-eo?”

“Hmm seems like he doesn’t need any monitoring.”

Himchan's face went purple, “NEVERMIND THAT!” He hated being ignored. “CAN I GO TO THE BATHROOM?!” The men just smiled it was sinister one.

He nodded, “of course, it’s just over there.” We followed our eyes to where his finger pointed.

It cannot be... This really is bad.

“That’s not a bathroom!”

We were given an answer although it was not the one we wanted. “It is now,” they left, both talking softly so we weren't able to hear them. Right then and there Himchan cracked.

“This really is hell,” he curled into a ball. “I need toilet paper, and a ceramic bowl! Not a pile of stinking sawdust.”

“They expect us to piss and crap in that?!” Yongguk stated coarsely. “Not for my team we won’t!”

I had to speak up. “Hyung, do you expect us to have anything else?”

“Aren’t you supposed to be thinking of a plan?!”

I became quiet, breathing out before talking some more. “No, right now all I know and understand is that we’re in a cage, we are given carrots, water and a pile of sawdust to excrete in. Without needing our captives insulting us I believe we’re in a strange sort of confinement similar to that of rabbits.”

“We’re being kept as rabbits,” Jongup agreed. Himchan couldn’t take it anymore. We turned away as he ran to the sawdust, pulling down his pants in the midst of desperation. Jongup kept talking, “but who is keeping us here?”

“I think I know,” I began. “ What I noticed is that they called us Southern rabbits, plus they look similar to us and speak the same language. The only difference appears to be  their dialect. With this in mind I think we’ve been imprisoned by North Korea.”
 

*********************************************************************

So much for the suspense.. Yeah sorry that I took a while to update; the next chapter could be a bit boring (well most of them may be) I actually look forward to writing in Zelo’s point of view and only because he is going to be so weird.

 

Well leave me feedback, I won’t delete your comments if you admit you hate what I’m doing (or hate me) I don’t care; feedback is all the same really. Oh yeah and have a merry Christmas too.