Zelo

The Rabbits' Asylum

This is weird. I thought they would be green, no purple. I thought they would have large eyes or maybe empty sockets where many eyeballs could be inserted into the space. I thought maybe they would be slimy or scaly, with three fingers or four.

 

I thought the aliens would look more… Look more like aliens.

 

I’m disappointed to be honest. On the otherhand maybe it’s a disguise; I’ve heard that some aliens are that advanced.  Wouldn’t surprise me if they were; aside from their strange accent and the ability to speak the same language they are able to pretend very well.

 

Maybe we’re in space.


Maybe we’re on their ship and hurtling off into a farther part of the universe.


Maybe in their world, humans are kept as pets.

 

My eyes opened, I’d been asleep. The aliens really are no fun; they didn’t even give me a skateboard to ride. They haven’t even changed the sawdust in the area where we do our business. It stinks from however many times we had to go to the bathroom.


“Ugh they need to clean it,” Youngjae said this with his nose pinched. “It could be full of disease ridden bacteria.” Daehyun was slumped in a corner, his face seemed green. I wonder if they gave something to hyung.


Our leader went to check on him. Hyung, he didn’t seem like a leader but he was when he was. Though I wish he took me more seriously, Jongup sort of did, when he wasn’t focused on something else. He spoke to Daehyun but no body could hear. I just watched from where I was, peering around our home.

 

They did a good job with cloaking devices. There is no way anyone can tell that this is an extra terrestrial space ship!

 

Himchan was called over by hyung. He went over and listened to Yongguk, he shook his head at something before our leader suddenly gave a short outburst with his voice loud enough.

“What do you mean you didn’t see him eat?”

“That’s what I said,” Himchan replied on the defence. “I didn’t see him eat a thing yesterday. Not sure about the day before.”

 

“Hyung I don’t think he ate the day before either.” Youngjae said. “If my observations are correct he had a bite of carrot two days ago.” Yongguk then gave a sigh, shaking his head.


“We have to watch each other’s backs here. Do you realise that your comrade here is sick?”

 

“Shh someone’s coming,” Jongup suddenly called, standing at the wire closest to the door. Himchan got up and went to join him. He gave a loud yell.

“HEY ONE OF OUR FRIENDS IS SICK HERE!”


“Himchan…” Youngjae tried to calm him but our hyung kept making a fuss.

 

Hyung, you’re dealing with aliens here.

 

“So today would be, the seventh day they were detained…” Youngjae’s ears perked up, I watched him go to his hidden tally and make the number seven.

“It’s already been a week?” He whispered.


“HEY HURRY UP YOU SICK BAS—“


The door opened, they must live very simple as an intelligent race, the doors they use are like ours. I didn’t realise they had no automatic doors that dissolve into mid air only to return when the space is passed through or doors that slid to the side without being touched.


“Well, what do we have here?” We saw them briefly the day before but that was it. One of them had their nose wrinkle. “Send a memo to the cleaner asking him to replace their bedding.”

“Sure thing, it looks like nothing new has changed.”

Changed? What could he mean?

 

“Uh hello; over here” Himchan waved at them before motioning to Daehyun. Our leader let Daehyun’s head rest against his shoulder. “He’s sick.”


“Seems they can still talk,” one of the aliens said as they went to the door to open it. Before anyone could try to escape they locked it. “Let’s take a look at this one.”

“Daehyun,” Leader gave him the name but the aliens just laughed.

“He means subject two five three four or English Lop.” This was sure some strange code. Our leader was getting agitated; the others were beginning to feel the same.

 

They sure talk in strange words. I thought they were aliens, not from England.

 

“Hmm,” they took Daehyun off the leaders’ hands and looked at him, opening his mouth, up his nose and checking in his ears. “He sure is off colour. They glanced at the bowl of carrots. “Five have been eaten. He’s gone off his food.”

“Alright let’s take him to the veterinarian,” one of them bent down while the other put Daehyun on the bent one’s back. His head drooped on the shoulder, the life drained from him.


“Don’t worry we’ll take care of him,” they left without saying anything else; my hyungs looked worried.


“Will he be ok?” Jongup asked. Leader hyung just nodded. He was just being brave for us.


Not unless the aliens decide to steal his brain or worse… Cut him up.

**********************************************************************************************************************************************


Zelo’s… Well you don’t have to take what he thinks or believes too seriously. He’s more for comic relief if that’s possible. Not sure how I’m going with the psych genre I feel as if it’s lacking somewhere, anyway maybe you guys know what it needs.