Yongguk

The Rabbits' Asylum

I woke up almost being blinded by a light. Blinking, I took in my surroundings. It was a sterile, white room. Still feeling groggy I sat up, hitting my foot against something. It appeared to be meshed wire, forged in small hexagonal links.

This was becoming too weird. Slowly but carefully I got to my feet; where had that wire come from? I winced, afraid that I would hit my head against the roof. I didn’t so I relaxed, opening my eyes. I touched the back of my scalp which felt sore; pulling my hand away I found blood.


Right, now I remember. Some of what may have been.

We were on a mission: we were sent somewhere to do something. Unfortunately I couldn’t remember anymore. Where was the rest of my team? I sighed when I saw them; still in the workmen’s overalls we’d borrowed asleep. Himchan who was my right hand man had a gash across his right cheek; unfortunately it could scar. Otherwise everyone else seemed to be fine.

How to get out of here?

I reached for the roof and pushed with as much strength as I had. It wouldn’t budge. The next option was to shake the wire. It rattled with static note but otherwise nothing.


“Where are we…?” It sounded like Youngjae was awake. As I turned around he was sitting up, dazed from whatever it was that knocked us out.  For his age, he had a mature and honest face; he was the smartest member out of the entire group and I would go to him for advice about tactics. Slowly but steadily he sat up, going to the pocket on his shirt. His face fell as he found it empty before giving a dejected sigh.


“My radio was taken.”

“Same here,” I told him, looking around at the enclosure. It couldn’t have been more than ten square metres in width or length. On the other hand I wasn’t sure about the height. A lock clicked, a door creaked open. Both of our attentions' got focused on a man walking towards us in a long, white coat. His left hand held a plate with something orange. He went around to the other side. A glint of metal blinded me from the glare as he reached for a padlock to open a door. It had been carefully built into the wiring, so there wasn’t anyway of knowing it existed. He opened the door a few degrees, just to place the plate down before abruptly shutting it. My eyes widened, the plate had raw, unwashed and unpeeled carrots: still with the sprouts attached.

 

What kind of sick place was this? Since when were humans given raw vegetables? Where was the ramen? I need ramen, I’m so hungry! Maybe they’ll give us ramen soon. Did they even leave a damn peeler? How are we supposed to eat them? ARE THEY EVEN ORGANIC?!
 

There was groaning and rumbling heard as the others woke. The man calmly walked away, locking the door behind him. Himchan’s hand went straight to his face; wincing from the gash. Fear was apparent in Daehyun’s face as well as Jongups'.  He seemed to be curious as to what was happening. Something hit the wire. Junhong rubbed his head while standing slightly bent. The poor kid must have been too tall.

“Hyung,” Daehyun’s voice sounded on edge. “W-where are we?”

“I don’t know.” For the time being I was stumped for answers. “All I know is that we should probably try and get out of here.” Seeing me clueless, mirrored worry in my members. It was something which I never wished to see. I wanted to tell them, tell them that we would be alright.

 

Except, what if everything won’t be alright? 

 

*****************************************
Short chapter for a first one arrgh as I’m a rookie in psych I’m just going with the feel and praying that it works. I will alternate P.O.V so check the chapter title to see whose perspective you’re seeing things from.