Seven

The 3 Rings of Marriage

 

Myungsoo’s P.O.V

 

Right at 6pm sharp, I knocked off from work and went home so that I could meet that friend of Suzy and tell her the do and don’t while living in my house. I don’t need her to mess around my house.

 

When I opened the door, I could sense a familiar presence in the house, and I don’t know why I felt this way. I closed the door and realized that there was a pair of female shoes beside the shoe cabinet. So that means Suzy’s friend is already in my house, but I could see no one when I scanned through the whole house. Now where the hell is she?

 

After patrolling for one round in the house, I couldn’t spot anyone.  I sighed as I opened my bedroom door, taking off my tie and headed off to bed when I saw a figure on my bed, hugging my plushie. I was about to shout when I saw the familiar face lying on my bed. I sat down on the bed unknowingly and a smile appeared on my face.

 

I used a finger and her face gently and she scratched her own face while sleeping. I chuckled at her cute actions which was exactly the same as what she would have done 6 months ago.

 

God knows how long I sat on the bed, admiring Jiyeon’s face. If only money can buy time. I will definitely make time stop right now so I could continue staying at Jiyeon’s side, but that will never happen. I sighed as I pulled the blanket over her body and walked out of the room. I went down to the kitchen and started to whip up a meal, thinking that Jiyeon might be hungry after sleeping.

 

But wait, I have no experience in cooking. I can’t even crack an egg.

 

No, I have to do this. I wore the apron and took out my phone, searching for recipes online. I tried to crack an egg, start up a fire, roast bacons and cut kimchi. Guess what? Just by doing these, wasted 2 freaking hours of my life. I sighed as I took the burnt egg and dump it in the bin.


After throwing the egg, I turned around and sit a frozen Jiyeon standing there with a tear trickling down her cheeks. When our eyes met, she wiped away the tear and gave me a smile which I have not seen … for 6 months.

 

“Sorry for intruding into your room. I didn’t mean to, it’s just that Suzy…”

“I know. You don’t have to explain. Besides, that’s your room too.” And I gave her the most genuine smile and she nodded. I meant it though. I mean Jiyeon and I are still lawfully married in the name of law. So she’s still my wife, and since she’s my wife, my room is her room too.

 

“Thank you. I will only be staying here for one week and…” I cut her off once again. I don’t want her to just stay here for one week after knowing that she’s the friend that Suzy was talking about. “It’s ok, you can stay as long as you want. Like I said, this is your house too.”

 

“Hmm, ok then, if you say so!” and she smiled which made me melt instantly. I was going to start a topic when her phone rang. She took out her phone and excused herself to one corner to answer the call.

 

Feeling curious, I crept in closer to her and acted like I was doing something else, when in fact, I was actually eavesdropping.

 

“Hey JB.”

 

Damn, this JB again.

 

Jiyeon’s P.O.V

 

“Hey JB.”

 

“YAH YOU PARK JIYEON. DON’T HEY JB ME. WHY DIDN’T YOU CALL ME? YOU MADE SO ME FREAKING WORRIED AND DON’T MAKE GO ABOUT SAYING WHAT I DID TRYING TO CONTACT YOU AND…” I chuckled at JB’s tone when he was on the phone. “Chill JB, I’m here alright? There is no need to worry. I forgot to contact you and that’s all. And I’m sorry for not remembering it.”

 

I could hear him sigh and his tone changed into a much gentler tone after hearing that I was fine and also my apology. “Alright Jiyeon, so are you doing fine there in Korea?”

 

“Of course I am. Why wouldn’t I be fine when I’m in the country that I lived in for most of my life?” He giggled and I could sense him smiling. “That’s great to hear. Anyway, I will be reaching Korea later than expected since I still have a lot of things to settle in the company here.”

 

“Aww, its ok JB. No need to rush. Just tell me when you are going to drop by Korea alright. I will go and fetch you ok?”

 

“Hmm, okay and Jiyeon….” I could feel him hesitating for a while. “I love you…” I kept quiet at that sentence. I have no idea how to reply him whenever he says those 3 words. I could hear him sighing when he heard no response. “It’s fine. I will still wait for you. I need to hang up now! Talk to you soon!”

 

“Bye JB.” And I ended the call. I sighed as I looked at the call disconnecting on my phone’s screen. I’m sorry JB, but I really don’t want to hurt you and all. It’s unfair if I date you when I still clearly have Myungsoo in my heart.

 

“Are you and JB dating?” I yelped in shock when I heard a voice coming from my back since I wasn’t expecting Myungsoo to be beside me, hearing my conversation. “What?” He folded his arms and took a step closer. “I said. Are you and JB dating?”

 

“Well, it’s a long story but…” and there he was, interrupting me again.

 

“WHAT NO YOU TWO CANNOT DATE!” I shook my head as I walked towards the bedroom again. I don’t even feel a need to explain it to him since he always interrupts me and does nothing else. “Jiyeon, I want an answer now!” I shook my head and quicken my pace instead. “You two can’t date! We are still lawfully wedded! You….You are cheating!”

 

Upon hearing that, I stopped my footsteps, folded my arms and turned around to face Myungsoo making him halt to an abrupt stop.

 

“You. I did not cheat on you. I am not dating JB. But after hearing you accusing me of cheating, I am going to date JB now.” I took out my phone, prepared to call JB when Myungsoo snatched my phone away and kept it in his pocket.

 

“No. I will not allow you to call that Justin Bieber dude and be his girlfriend. NO!” He took off his apron and slammed it on floor before heading to the bedroom.

 

Uh-oh, someone’s mad.

 

imageimage

 

Sorry for the lack of updates! Exams was an in the pain, that's why. But it's all over now yay <3