Four

The 3 Rings of Marriage

 

Jiyeon’s P.O.V

 

6 months have already passed ever since I left Suzy, Seungho … and Myungsoo. When I first came to Paris, I find myself unable to cope, and I admit that I really felt like running back to Korea and run into Myungsoo’s embrace again. But once I thought of the incident that happened in the park that day, I decided not to.

 

Suzy did tell me what Myungsoo wanted to tell me. Things like I love you and I didn’t sign the divorce paper. But none of this could make my anger from that day go away. And yes, Suzy explained to me the situation about Myungsoo neglecting me for the sake of Naeun because he was guilty and Naeun told Myungsoo that she was dying. And that stupid Myungsoo kept it a secret from me, thinking that I won’t find it out.

 

I don’t blame him for caring for someone else, but he should have told me about this situation. I would have been more that glad to face this with him. I sighed and pulled myself back to what I was doing. Applying make-up and preparing for a party later.

 

Just as I was applying make-up on my face for some business party, JaeBum came running into my room, without knocking, AGAIN.

 

“Yo, Jiyeon!”

 

Right, Im Jaebum, the guy that helped me to cope with everything in Paris, makes sure that I led a normal life in Paris like how I did in Korea. Without him, I think I would have starved to death or maybe freeze to death. I still remember sitting outside his house when I first arrived in Paris.

 

I wasn’t able to find a place to stay and ended up sitting at his pave way to rest my feet. In the midst of resting, Jaebum was seen walking towards my direction. At first, I thought he was some foreigner since his face had those features that an American would have, but it turns out he was a Korean. When he first saw me, he had just knocked off from work, and he saw me conveniently sitting on his pave way. He stared at me with those sharp eyes of his when he reached me.

 

I gulped and stood up, preparing to leave. No, I don’t want to die in his hands just because I sat on his pave way. Just as I was about to take a step, JaeBum held my hand which made my movements freeze.  “You are cold aren’t you? Just come in and rest for a while, and don’t worry, I won’t do anything bad to you.”

 

He looked so sincere that I agreed immediately. When I went into his house, he gave me food and even gave me the permission to stay at his house for the night. Because of this, we started talking and I started telling him about my life, about Naeun, about Myungsoo. After that, he didn’t even allow me to leave his house no matter how hard I tried to convince him.

 

He said I could leave when I have a stable income in Paris, and after giving it a serious thought, I agreed. But now, even though I already have a stable job, he still didn’t allow me to leave. How nasty he is right? I chuckled at the thought of him always trying to make me stay when I suggested the idea of leaving.

 

“Yah Jiyeon! Are you sick? Why are you smiling to yourself?” Wait, was I? Oh, I was. I was too caught up in my own thought that I forgot about his existence. “No, it’s nothing, I was just thinking… of something.”

 

“Thinking of me?” and I could see that smirk on his face. “No JB, no.” and I continued applying my make-up. I like calling him JB; it’s kind of cute actually. “Aish! Anyway, you don’t need to put on make-up anymore! You are pretty enough.” 

 

I smiled at his comment. This cheesy guy. Guess what? He confessed to me in the past and didn’t mind about the fact that I was divorced. But I rejected him since… Myungsoo still occupied my heart.

 

“Ok, I’m done with my make-up! Let’s go!” and he offered me his arm. “Let’s go, my lady.” And he chuckled. I hit his shoulder lightly and giggled. We are going to this business party that JB got invited to. I am going there too since he needed a partner.

 

We were doing fine in the party until JB had to go to the washroom and I was left alone. Feeling bored, I just walked over to the balcony and stared at the scenery. It was late at night, but the stars were shining exceptionally bright tonight. I smiled at the sight and was reminded of the time when Myungsoo and I just got married, with him back-hugging me and whispering I love you into my ear.

 

I really miss those times, the times when Myungsoo was still his usual self. I was about to walk away when I felt someone back hugging me. The feeling felt familiar yet distant at the same time. Thinking that it was JB who was trying to mess around, I shook my head. “JB, stop messing around!”

 

Despite me struggling, he still didn’t release his hands. “JB stop it!”

 

“Who is JB?” The moment I heard that voice, my actions froze. His here, Myungsoo is here in Paris.

 

imageimage

 

Myungsoo’s P.O.V

I was walking around greeting the different guests and trying to put on the best smile while doing so. I was so tired that I felt that I needed a break and thus, I moved towards the balcony to see a familiar figure. I moved closer and realize that the familiar figure belongs to my wife.

 

I literally ran to the balcony and back hugged her. I missed her. I missed hugging her in my embrace, inhaling her scent and listening to her cute bubbly voice. When she realized that someone was back hugging her, she shook her head and struggled. “JB, stop messing around!”

 

I froze. Who is JB? Justin Bieber? Why would Jiyeon like Justin Bieber? Last time I checked, Justin Bieber wasn’t on the list for the guest and Jiyeon had zero interest that guy! So just who the hell is JB?

 

“JB stop it!” She mentioned JB again.

 

“Who is JB?” The moment I started talking, Jiyeon stopped struggling and I could feel that she was really shocked.

 

“Tell me Jiyeon, who is JB? When the hell did you like Justin Bieber?” She turned around to face me and facepalmed my face. “I don’t like Justin Bieber! You know that!” I smiled at the skinship. It wasn’t much, but it meant a lot to me.

 

Seeing me smiling like an idiot there, she coughed and tried to get out of my embrace, but she failed since I only tightened the hug until our body was pressing against each other and she gave up and stopped struggling. I pressed my lips against her hair and whispered. “Where did you go all this while Jiyeon? How can a wife leave her husband?”

 

She sighed and looked up. “Myungsoo, we are already divorced. Didn’t you see the divorce paper on the dressing table? I signed it and …” Damn, the divorce paper. Wait, no. It’s not even legal yet. My signature was missing from it. I cut her sentence off and smirked.

 

“But I didn’t sign the paper. Didn’t Suzy tell you that?” Her eyes grew wide at my statement. “Why didn’t you sign it?”

 

“Simple. It’s because I still love you.”   I saw her gaze soften for a second but turned back to her original fierce gaze the next second.

 

“Don’t lie! I know Naeun…”  I’m going to cut that sentence again. I detest the name Naeun now.

 

“Yuck Jiyeon. Please stop mentioning that ’s name!” I could see that she was shocked from my answer. Well, she must be thinking, why is Myungsoo calling Naeun a when he told me not to call her one. Oh, ironic much. She is a for trying to break Jiyeon’s and my relationship.

 

I finally realized her intention after thinking deeply. All those things about her dying were probably fake anyway.

 

“Go back to Korea with me Jiyeon. Please.” Just as she was going to open to reply, a male’s voice was heard.

 

“No, Jiyeon can’t go back with you and she will never go back with you.”


Now who the hell is trying to interfere with Jiyeon and my business? 

 

imageimage

Not trying to insult Jaebum or Justin Bieber in anyway ! ^^