One

The 3 Rings of Marriage

 

Jiyeon’s P.O.V

Two hours have already passed since Myungsoo called home. He told me he would be coming home earlier and being the excited me, I went to prepare dinner straight away, whipping up dishes that he would definitely love.

 

 

The reason why I was so excited because it’s the first time Myungsoo knocked off from work earlier than usual for the past 2 weeks. It has already been a very long time since we had a real conversation with each other. We have been married to each other for 1 year, and everything was fine until one day, Myungsoo came home, drunk.

 

 

After that day, he would always come back home late, and when he comes home, he will always give me the cold shoulder. I have absolutely no idea what made him become like this. I tried to think about the stuffs that I did that might have hurt him, but I couldn’t thought of any. Just what’s wrong with us nowadays?

 

 

I was sighing when I heard the doorbell rang. I ran over to the door and saw a drunken Myungsoo, again. I went over to lend him some support since he seems like he was drop dead drunk.

 

 

I shook my head as I laid him down on the bed, and started to undress him, thinking that he might be more uncomfortable out of that suit of his. While I was doing so, he stood up suddenly.

 

 

“Oh, Jiyeonnie~ my pretty wife!” and he started giggling. “I love you so much, don’t you know that?”

 

I smiled hearing what he just said. “Of course Pabo, of course I know that you love me.”

 

Upon hearing what I said, he stopped his giggling and stared into my eyes. His stare was practically sending chills down my spine.

 

“But Jiyeon, I can’t love you anymore. She is back… and I can’t leave her again. I just can’t…” and he fell asleep again.

 

 

I felt my heart stopping when I heard what Myungsoo just said. Who is back? Why can’t he leave her? Is my husband cheating on me right now?

 

 

I started crying when I had the thought of Myungsoo cheating on me. It can’t be. Myungsoo will never do that! Just then, his phone started ringing. I took it and saw that it was a new message from someone called Naeun.

 

 

Naeun? Who is this girl? In the end, I decided to open the message and take a look at it. I know it was wrong to invade someone’s privacy, but still, I just felt the need to.

 

 

I could feel like jaw dropping like as if it was dislocated when I read the message.

 


From Naeun:

Myungsoo oppa, thank you for accompanying me for the past 2 weeks. But you are already married, I can’t claim you as mine anymore, I’m sorry. I just have to leave. Thanks for loving me; I don’t deserve your love at all.

And lastly, I love you too.

 

 

I could feel my heart bleeding right now, drop by drop.

 

imageimageimage

 

Myungsoo’s P.O.V

When I woke up the next morning, I was surprised that I was able to make it home in my drunken state. I looked around the room and smelled the pillow, which still had Jiyeon’s scent lingering on it.

 

 

I missed hugging her, I missed kissing her and I miss spending time with her. Everything was fine until my ex-girlfriend, Naeun came back. And because of her, I started distancing myself from Jiyeon, bit by bit.

 

 

I sighed as I got out of bed and walked into kitchen, looking at the back view of Jiyeon. I felt the urge to run over and hug her now, but I held it in.

 

 

Just give me some time to settle this Jiyeon, I promise you, I will stop all this mess and return to your side soon. I just need time.

 

 

Even though Naeun came back, I knew my heart still belonged to Jiyeon. Firstly, Naeun was my ex-girlfriend but she got dumped by me and she became depressed for awhile. And the other thing was, she told me she was dying soon, but she refused to tell me the reason why. And because of this, I got paranoid and decided that I had to stay by her side.

 

 

I watched Jiyeon moved around the kitchen. This girl never fails to fascinate me with her actions. Just then, she turned around and our eyes met. My changed turned back into the usual cold face that I would give her.

 

 

She bowed to me and went to the washroom without saying a word. This is weird, Jiyeon would normally greet me with her cheerful voice despite me giving her my cold attitude. Is she sick or something?

 

 

When I see her coming out of the bathroom, I was going to ask her about he r condition, but she started talking before I could even open my mouth.

 

 

“Myungsoo, you have a message. Well, in case you don’t know.” I nodded and she walked away again. I ran up to the room and took my phone and saw that it was from Naeun. Once I read the message, I took my jacket and ran out of the house without telling Jiyeon.

 

 

By leaving, she meant dying. Naeun, please be safe.

 

imageimageimage

 

Naeun’s P.O.V

I looked into the mirror as I smirked. After sending the message last night, Myungsoo would definitely come running to me.

 

 

Yes, Myungsoo and I once dated, but he said we weren’t working out so he left. And because of this, I became depressed. And because of this, my mum sent me to the hospital, hoping that I would recover. And yes, I recovered, but when I came out of the hospital, healthy again, it was already 3 years later.

 

 

And in these 3 years, a lot of things changed, including Myungsoo. He was married. I could never take that lying down. Myungsoo belonged to me and I’m going to make him realized the fact that he can only be with me, and not some other girl.

 

 

So I began searching for Myungsoo and found out the place he was working. When he first saw me, he was totally shocked. But nonetheless, I just smiled at him and greeted him.  I pulled him to the nearby café and started talking to him.

 

 

I purposely told him about me being depressed and to make it worse, I told him I was dying. Yes, Kim Myungsoo was so naïve that he believed that little lie of mine.

 

 

Because of the lie, Myungsoo started hanging out with me after work, to make sure that I was ok. As a result of this, he was neglecting his wife, bit by bit, and I could smell success coming nearer.

 

 

Just then, I heard my house door open, I quickly tidied up myself and sat on the bed, wearing a sad expression. When Myungsoo found me, he came over and hug me tightly.

 

 

“Please Naeun, don’t die. Don’t leave me please, stay here alright?”

 

“Oppa…” I faked a cry.

 

“No it’s ok Naeun, I will be here. Don’t be afraid. I will be here with you all the time.” And he tightened the hug.

 

 

I returned his hug and looked up to see a girl standing at the door of my apartment, with her hands covering . A few seconds later, I could see tears dropping from her eyes as she ran away.

 

 

Yes Park Jiyeon, this is only the start. There is more to come.

 

imageimageimage

 

Jiyeon’s P.O.V

I knew Myungsoo is off to find the girl with the name Naeun when he ran out of the door. I was sure that he read the message about the girl leaving.

 

 

In the end, I grabbed my bag and decided to follow Myungsoo. I needed to see for myself if Myungsoo … was cheating on me behind my back.

 

 

After half an hour of following, Myungsoo arrived in front of an apartment and just walked in. How did he even know the password to the house? I walked slowly over to the apartment door, with my heart thumping hard.

 

 

Please don’t fail me Myungsoo.

 

 

When I reached the doorstep, I could clearly see the two of them hugging each other in a bedroom. I felt my tears trickling down when I saw the two of them hugging. I covered my mouth to make sure that no sound would come out and alert them.

 

 

I didn’t want Myungsoo to notice my presence now. I don’t want him to see this weak side of me. Not now.

 

 

I couldn’t take the sight anymore. I couldn’t help but think that the reason why Myungsoo comes late all the time is because he spends the time hugging that girl in this house. I ran off crying eventually not wanting to spend another second watching them get comfortable with each other.

 

 

After minutes of running, I reached the park where it was always peaceful since not much people visit it. I started crying my heart out. I couldn’t take it anymore.

 


2 weeks of the cold shoulder just because of another girl? It was just too frustrating. I might have appeared that I was fine with the cold treatment, but I was hurting actually.

 

 

Just when I was crying my heart out, I heard a familiar voice calling me my name.

 

 

“Park Jiyeon?”

 

 

I looked up to see a familiar face that I have not seen for a year.

 

 

“You…”

 

imageimageimage

 

First chap! Hopefully you guys can understand what I am typing here LOL.

If you have doubts about this chapter, just ask, I will be more than glad to answer them ^^