Six

The 3 Rings of Marriage

 

Jiyeon’s P.O.V

 

The moment my foot stepped into the land of Korea, I beamed. I missed Korea, I missed the food here, the places here, the people here, my friends here, and of course, I missed Myungsoo. I sighed as Myungsoo filled my thoughts again. Why am I the one suffering when I’m the one who got hurt?

 

I walked out of the gates to see Suzy waiting for me. Upon seeing me, she started screaming my name and waved like one mad woman. Geez, I missed her a lot too.

 

“Suzy!” I ran over and gave her one tight hug without any warning. “Aww Jiyeon, I didn’t know you loved me so much!” and she started giggling. I smiled and pinched her cheeks. “You still haven’t changed have you?”

 

“Of course no, there isn’t a need for me to change anyway.” I nodded my head in agreement. “Well, let’s go somewhere and catch up alright?” and she led me to a pretty looking café that was really simple yet classy at the same time. We both order a cup of coffee and started chatting for hours. I miss this, the life where I can just relax myself instead of working myself to death in Paris.

 

“So, do you have any place to live for now?” Suzy asked while taking a sip of her coffee. “Of course I do. The company I’m working in right now has already settled all those stuffs.” Right after I finished my sentence, my phone started ringing. I excused myself for a while and answered the call.

 

“Yes, Mr. Kim?” Right, Mr. Kim is the manager that I am working under, and he is the one who proposed to the CEO to transfer me to Korea.

 

“I’m sorry Jiyeon, but something happened halfway and the apartment that you were supposed to live in will only be available after a week.” What the hell? Did I just hear him say that I don’t have an apartment to live in for a week?

 

“So where am I supposed to live in now?”

 

“I’m embarrassed to say this but could you please find some place to stay for the week? We will compensate you.” I sighed when I heard his reply. I have no choice, don’t I?

 

“It’s ok; I will figure something out, hopefully.” I could sense that he was relieved even though I wasn’t there to see his facial expression.

 

“Thank you Jiyeon, we will try to make sure this problem will be solved as fast as possible!” and he ended the call. Great, where am I supposed to live now? In the streets with random strangers? Where is JB when I need him? He is sure to think of something to solve this situation I’m in right now.

 

imageimage

 

Suzy’s P.O.V

 

I looked at Jiyeon while she walked towards to the table where I was. Well, she seemed unwell for some reason. “Jiyeon, what’s wrong?”

 

She sighed and laid her head on the table. “Suzy, what I am supposed to do? I’m going to be living in the streets for one whole week!” Wait, what? Jiyeon living in the streets? I will never allow that to happen! She started telling me what happened and I felt bad for her. But well, not too bad since an idea struck me immediately after the reporting of her plight.

 

I messaged Myungsoo telling him that I had a friend that needed a place to stay and asked if he could allow my friend to stay at his apartment for a week.

 

From Myungsoo to Suzy:

Fine, I will allow this, only for this week. And please, tell your friend not to go into my room or touch my stuffs. I don’t need some random people to mess up my apartment.

 

Geez, this idiot. Let’s see if you will still think this way when you know the identity of the person staying over.

 

“Hey Jiyeon! I have a friend who is renting a room at his apartment for a week, well, you up for it?” I could see that she was suspecting something, but I’m not taking a no for an answer though. “Oh come on Jiyeon, do you want to sleep in those dark alleys where could occur?”

 

I could sense that she was terrified at my statement, since she nodded immediately. “Ok, I will take the deal!” This was it, mission accomplished. “But before we go into the house, you have to blindfold yourself alright? And I’m not going to throw you into a prison with tons of monsters inside, so no worries. It’s just for the sake of suspense ok?”

 

She hesitated a while but eventually nodded. I brought her into the car and blindfolded her and started driving towards Myungsoo’s house. Let’s just hope Myungsoo won’t die of happiness when he sees Jiyeon.

 

The moment we reached the house, I led Jiyeon into the apartment, of course with the blindfold still on. Right, know how I got the key? I stole it. Nah, just joking. Myungsoo gave me the spare key just in case something serious happens. Well, this is SERIOUS right?

 

“Yah Suzy, I will rip you apart if you try anything funny alright?” I pat her back and assured her. “I won’t. I promise!” only for now. I led her up to Myungsoo’s room and made her sit on the bed and ran out without notice, locking the door from the outside. “Suzy? Where are you?”

 

Silence was heard for a minute until I could hear the bangs on the door. “SUZY! LET ME OUT NOW! I AM NOT GOING TO STAY IN THIS HOUSE FOR ANOTHER MINUTE!”

 

“No Jiyeon, you are not going to stay here for another minute, you are going to stay here for another week! And I just remembered I have a date, see you later, and Myungsoo is going to reach home in another hour so don’t be scared!”

 

And I ran out of the house giggling. I locked the apartment door and took out my phone and messaged Myungsoo.

 

From Suzy to Myungsoo:

Cousin, my friend is already in your house. Be sure to treat her nice alright?”

 

I placed my phone back into my pocket and smiled. Both of you will thank me someday.

 

imageimage

 

Jiyeon’s P.O.V

 

Damn it, I fell for Suzy’s trick and now I’m locked inside Myungsoo’s room. After realizing that she is gone and that there is no chance for me to escape, I sighed and started walking around the room, accepting the fact that i am defeated and trapped.

 

This room still looks the same as before. The decoration, the position of the bed, my dressing table was still there, and all the pictures were at the exact the same place from what I remember the last time I saw them on the day when I left.

 

Well, there was something out of place though. One of the pillows had a shirt as its pillow casing. I took it and started examining it. This shirt looks familiar somehow but i just couldn't remember the shirt at all. Oh, and I forgot to mention, there is a plushie lying on Myungsoo’s bed too. I avert my focus from the shirt to the plushie and I took the plushie and stared at it.

 

“Geez, how lucky you are to have Myungsoo hugging you every day.” And I started hitting the plushie out of jealousy. I sighed and place the stuffs back to its original place. I started lying down on the bed and hugged the plushie. “Well, you smell like Myungsoo, plushie-ssi.” My eyelids grew much heavier and I fell asleep without myself realizing.

 

When I woke up from my slumber, which was 3 hours later, I found myself covered in the blanket, which was impossible since I remembered clearly that I didn’t cover myself with the blanket before I fell asleep. Just as I was deep in my thoughts, they were all scattered when I heard some noise coming 0ut from outside and I decided to check it out. And hey, the door’s open!

 

I could feel my heart thumping harder with every step that I took. When I reached the origin of the sound which was the kitchen, I saw the back view of a familiar figure that I once had in my embrace, trying to whip up a decent meal when he didn’t even have the knowledge of cracking open an egg. I wiped away the tear that escaped my eye and smiled.

 

Kim Myungsoo, I missed you so much.

 

imageimage

Living under the same roof, i wonder what will happen XD